Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands that get undeserved hate

Go down 
+28
Orion Crystal Ice
dark avenger
Joe
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Grimmo
kmorg
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
TheGreatDuck
Temple of Blood
stormspell
MEGATRON
The_Jayroh
Witchfinder
adrian
mc666
allthingsmetal
DallasBlack
exact33
Vexer6
ultmetal
ZetaReticuli
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
thejokeriv
metalhead777
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:41 am

mc666 wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
KISS
lol, like Def Leppard, Savatage, Megadeth, & Stryper.... too much has been made of these bands. on this forum anyway.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:09 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Pantera

Pretty true.

I think the thing about PANTERA was that at some point there was a huge backlash because they were SO popular and influential. Pretty much 50% of the metal scene was copying them in one way or another.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:37 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Pantera

Pretty true.

I think the thing about PANTERA was that at some point there was a huge backlash because they were SO popular and influential. Pretty much 50% of the metal scene was copying them in one way or another.
Theres also that argument that they were one of the main inspirations for the Core scene, so people tend to blame them for the masses upon masses of low quality core bands.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:55 am

Every great band has inspired crappy bands too. So what?
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:25 am

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and grunge in general.
Pantera, both the '80s glam version and the '90s groove metal version.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:37 am

Pantera was the first one that popped into my mind. Enuff Z'nuff is another. Their look was easy to bag on, but I really enjoy all of their albums.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:48 am

Lou Reed!!! angry I am major a fan of this grumpy bastard.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Killen - don't understand why people make fun of these tr00 kvlt medal gods!!!!!!!!

O wait, yes I do!

James B. wrote:
what was that band with the chick singer and that drummer who is a mailman ?

Laughing very hard I can't breathe! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
KISS
lol, like Def Leppard, Savatage, Megadeth, & Stryper.... too much has been made of these bands. on this forum anyway.

Very Happy

With ya, I love me some Def Leppard, and Stryper, and Megadeth... Along with the 80's/90's Aerosmith that everyone seems to hate.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:11 pm

On band that almost everyone that I know hates is White Zombie???? I do not understand this at all.

I will say that Tool and APC make me want to vomit.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:13 pm

I like Pantera (even if I got sick of them), Nirvana, Def Leppard, and Metallica, and these guys get plenty of hate.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Hammerfall

It's like a trend to dislike them now.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:24 pm

kmorg wrote:
Hammerfall

I donot know their music at all but I did see one music video and it was very corny
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:15 am

metalhead777 wrote:
After listening to Six Feet Under's Undead, it made me wounder. Why do people hate SFU so much? The entire project was based around being simplistic death metal, and proving that you don't need speed or blast beats to play death metal, yet thats what everyone seems to complain about.
Then I see complaints about the lyrics being cheesy and nothing but death and gore, yet Cannibal Corpse still gets away with this, and without any real complaints.
In all honesty, I just feel like a good bit of people feel the need to berate Chris Barnes for no real good reason!

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any more bands that you believe receive undeserved hate.

I think Cannibal Corpse also cop a lot of hate on the Net. Probably because due to their relatively high exposure - considering their genre. For example, on Amazon, the Eaten Back to Life debut only garnered an average of 3.5 stars from 101 reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:13 am

Immortal.

Yes, their publicity photos make them look like WWE rejects, but they've put out some solid Norwegian black metal, without the overly satanic lyrics.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:39 am

I always thought that most people, despite ridiculing their image and music videos, agreed they're a good band?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:32 pm

kmorg wrote:
Hammerfall

probably because their last few albums have been really disappointing.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:32 pm

James B. wrote:
what was that band with the chick singer and that drummer who is a mailman ?

i think they are doing pop now, except the mailman who got returned to sender

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
Immortal.

Yes, their publicity photos make them look like WWE rejects, but they've put out some solid Norwegian black metal, without the overly satanic lyrics.

Definitely agree with this. In fact, most black metal bands in general get undeserved hate.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Every great band has inspired crappy bands too. So what?
My point exactly.
A good bit of the first melodic death metal bands like At The Gates inspired a good bit of crap as well, yet nobody is pointing fingers at them.
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Well, i do; i hate melodic death metal, and i hate At the Gates.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:13 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
I always thought that most people, despite ridiculing their image and music videos, agreed they're a good band?

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:27 am

Although 'All Shall Fall' was totally phoned in..........
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Hammerfall

probably because their last few albums have been really disappointing.

I disagree. I think the fans could not take how popular they became. Similar hate is also spawned upon Nightwish and Dragonforce, after they got popular.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:56 pm

in all fairness, Nightwish since 'Once' has been a 3,252,363,737 member orchestra with approximately one riff under it and a singer over it, so.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands that get undeserved hate   Bands that get undeserved hate - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands that get undeserved hate
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next