Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)

Go down 
+2
kmorg
Metal Misfit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Empty
PostSubject: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:29 am

Anyone check this out yet? Typical fun cheesy catchy rock from these guys.

"Wrong Can Feel So Wrong" is catchy as anything I've heard this year so far.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:02 am

Must order asap!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:24 am

yep. Good stuff!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:43 am

Not out here in the US yet.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Not out here in the US yet.

Yeah, I love my country but we suck when it comes to release dates. One of the reasons I don't have the Unisonic album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:42 am

Looks like a May 22 release date in the US. Non Stop Rock and Roll is a great disc.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:30 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Looks like a May 22 release date in the US. Non Stop Rock and Roll is a great disc.

Around the same date for the U.S. release of Unisonic, sweet!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:31 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
kethdredd wrote:

its been a really good year for melodic rock so far.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
kethdredd wrote:

In quanity yes, but not so much in quality IMO. It's been decent up til this point but Crazy Lixx and Sunstorm were a bit dissapointing (moreso with Sunstorm as the predassesor ended up one of my all time favorite MHR albums). But I have high hopes for Unisonic, Wig Wam, H.E.A.T., Hardline, and W.E.T. Also while not as enjoyable to me as the first two, the new Trixter was pretty good and I liked the samples of Tyketto that I recently heard at my local used CD store (not at all what was described by Eyesore, at least not that I could tell). So depending on how those mentioned above turn out, you may be correct with that statement.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:24 am

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
kethdredd wrote:

In quanity yes, but not so much in quality IMO. It's been decent up til this point but Crazy Lixx and Sunstorm were a bit dissapointing (moreso with Sunstorm as the predassesor ended up one of my all time favorite MHR albums). But I have high hopes for Unisonic, Wig Wam, H.E.A.T., Hardline, and W.E.T. Also while not as enjoyable to me as the first two, the new Trixter was pretty good and I liked the samples of Tyketto that I recently heard at my local used CD store (not at all what was described by Eyesore, at least not that I could tell). So depending on how those mentioned above turn out, you may be correct with that statement.

I dont think so. I like the new stuff a lot, except the new Tyketto.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Just ordered this from NEH.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
kethdredd wrote:

I dont think so. I like the new stuff a lot, except the new Tyketto.

I don't know, maybe it's because recently I aquired some great MHR that anything short of 5 star albums will dissapoint me. I might even be getting burned out on the genre since about 75% of my listening and purchases have been MHR/AOR albums. Or like many others who aquire a large number of one genre, I've just gotten too picky. However, we've just scratched the surface of MHR releases this year so only time will tell if my opionon changes.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:42 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
kethdredd wrote:

Damn, the new Hardline is released that day too!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Hmm, someone must have gotten a leak, becasue this was officially released TODAY!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:10 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I haven't heard previous Sunstorm albums but I agree that the latest wasn't anything special. I just don't like how the project came to be. "Lay Down Your Arms" is great though.

Crazy Lixx, Great White, Wig Wam and Trixter were all very good, IMO. Hardline is good. Tyketto was weak.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:29 pm

As predicted, my copy of this from NEH came today. Haven't spun it yet though.

I just noticed my copy has a "bonus track" of School's Out so I popped it into my laptop. Pretty weak; not nearly as good as the Krokus cover.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, add this one to the disappointments list.

I've spun this twice now. First off, there's an annoying drum machine/synth drum that shows up on some tracks like The Bigger The Better. Second, there's 2 or 3 "ballady" songs that just are really boring. And third, the last proper track (before the lame School's Out cover) is an instrumental. WTF? It starts off nicely enough with the title track and OMG but then comes the first ballad-esque song. Followed by the aforementioned The Bigger The Better (which would actually be a great tune except for the faux drum sound). THen 2 more boring songs. Wrong Can Feel So Right is good and One Million Enemies is a decent funky song but again we have the faux drums.

A real letdown after Non Stop Rock N Roll.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Here's what I'm talking about. I still think it's the best song on the album but that weird drum sound annoys me no end.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:16 pm

* bump for The King *

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:18 pm

ill listen to the songs but as a fellow wig wam fan, i am really surprised by your assessment.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)   Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wig Wam - Wall Street (2012)
Page 1 of 1