Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wall of Voodoo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Wall of Voodoo Empty
PostSubject: Wall of Voodoo   Wall of Voodoo Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:41 pm

I have a soft spot for 80's pop, and Wall of Voodoo are certainly one of those bands. I think everybody knows their biggest hit, "Mexican Radio", and that should give a pretty good impression of their music. Very weird stuff. Their music has an atmosphere that I can't really describe. A little dark, very bizarre, but still catchy and radio-friendly. I picked up their album "Call of the West" in a discount bin recently, and I love it. It's not total synth-pop, but I guess still would qualify as such. I may have to track down some more of their stuff, which might not be easy, considering they are a "one hit wonder". This might be kind of a stretch, but any other fans?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Wall of Voodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wall of Voodoo   Wall of Voodoo Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Mexican Radio is the only song I know by them.

Wall of Voodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wall of Voodoo   Wall of Voodoo Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Same here...plus the Celtic Frost cover of the same tune.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Wall of Voodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wall of Voodoo   Wall of Voodoo Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 am

Wall of Voodoo were an interesting band that came out of the early 80's, their spagetti western meets what at the time was referred to as collage music sounded like no other band back in the early 80's. I think most fans saw them as novelity act, which is too bad since they were very cool and unique band.

Marc Moreland the guitartist worked with Johnette Napolitano in Pretty and Twisted before his death and vocalist Andy Prieboy wrote 'Tomorrow Wendy' which Concrete Blonde recorded on 'Bloodletting'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Wall of Voodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wall of Voodoo   Wall of Voodoo Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 am

"I wish I was in Tijuana, dinin' on barbecued iguana..."

Great, now I'm gonna have that damn song stuck in my head all day. Thanx Schmoop.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Wall of Voodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wall of Voodoo   Wall of Voodoo Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Mexican Radio is the only song I know by them.

They came out with other stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wall of Voodoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wall of Voodoo   Wall of Voodoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wall of Voodoo
Page 1 of 1