Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.

Go down 
+17
Wargod
arachnoplasma
Troublezone
James B.
bassman
Fat Freddy
ShadowAngel
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
manny
Hamer12
martinsane
Joe
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/05/04/adam-yauch-beastie-boys-dead/

Was a huge fan as a kid.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm

WOW! 47 years young.
RIP
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:50 pm

R.I.P. I've been a huge Beasties fan since the olden days. I really like the newer stuff, but it is all good to me! Another talent gone way too soon.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:06 pm

That sucks's, Paul's Boutique is a classic album
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm only in my 40's and it seems almost daily I hear of someone passing. What's it like to be in the 50's?

RIP.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:57 pm

A long time Buddist and vegan, yet still dies of cancer. And at 47. That disease certainly knows no boundaries.

License to Ill is the only rap album I own. They did have a coupla of other tunes I liked though. 'Sabotage' was cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Man, this bums me out. I was a huge hip-hop fan as a kid. I still am, but less so now because the lyrics have gotten so alienating for this white guy, you know. I can't relate these days. But late 80s/early 90s hip-hop was awesome. A lot of it, anyway. Beastie Boys among that group.

They're still a favorite, too. Such a bummer. =(
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Guess he finally made it to Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:17 pm

I just heard about this. It's really sad.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:23 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:23 pm

RIP. I have only their debut and that's the only rap record I've ever owned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Beastie Boys were fantastic, their instrumental stuff is killer too. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
A long time Buddist and vegan, yet still dies of cancer. And at 47..

Cancer is a bad disease that threatens all people. People who never smoked a cigarette can die of throat cancer. The planet we live on is poisoned, the americans and russians had enough chemical and radiations catastrophes, there's a reason why some places in russia are so contaminated, the people there have a live expectancy of 45 years.
And then you have those vegetarians/vegans who just want to live different, they usually drop like flies unless they take a huge ammoung of pills to compensate the vitamines you get from meat.
In 2010 there were news that Angelina Jolie nearly died because she took on a vegan diet, we know that babys get into trouble if they just get a vegan diet - after all, we're carnivores. Some people just don't want to accept this fact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Well, technically we're omnivorous but yeah, I agree with where you're coming from.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Wow. That sucks.

On the other hand, it explains why the Beasties' "No Sleep Til Brooklyn" was on VH1 Classic every time I channel surfed past it this afternoon. I'd had no idea.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:13 pm

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Not a fan, still a bad trip.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I got to see them years ago at RFK stadium (Tibetian Freedom Festival) , they put on a great show. I am not a huge fan but I like some of there stuff. Still love Sabotage (great video!)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Sad news... R.I.P.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:52 am

I've never counted myself as much of a rap fan, but I always had a lot of respect for the Beastie Boys. Very fun and clever band, and very pioneering in a lot of respects. I enjoyed their hits and License to Ill was a really good album - I haven't heard that one in years and I suddenly have the urge to revisit it. Very sad loss.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:37 am

RIP bro!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:20 pm

manny wrote:
That sucks's, Paul's Boutique is a classic album

Can't even remember how many times I listened to that album back in late HS and early college years. I had all the lyrics glued inside my head. Still one of my favorite fun albums to listen to. He was also my favorite member, RIP.

They always had the best/funniest video's, usually directed by Adam's other alter-ego Nathaniel Hornblower, and his last video (?) might be the best he ever did, considering how sick he was last year and still was able to pull this off. Just check out all the actors he got in there:

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Quote :
Not a fan, still a bad trip.

+1
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:40 am

License to Ill was IMO the best album they ever did , Dark Horseman beat me to the punch in saying that he finally made it to Brooklyn. Its sad. Really sad.

RIP MCA You will be missed
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Very sad. Their first two albums are favorites of mine and pretty much the only rap I ever listened to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.   Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1