Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adam And The Ants

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
rattpoison
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:54 am

Are their any 'Antpeople' around?

Just one of the greatest rock n' roll bands ever.

Born from post-art school dropout pretensions, rockabilly guitars, wild post-glam rock, native american sympathising, spaghetti western romance, wild tribal Burundi beats and a buccaneering rock n' roll pirate spirit.

Adam and the Ants had it all, name a band today that was as recklessly creative as they were? I bet you come up empty.

An art statement as well as a rock n' roll one.

Of course "Kings Of The Wild Frontier" is the album i described, and it is without compare. Even the other 2 Ants rekkids can't compare. A total classic rock n' roll epic.

Oh and Marco Pirroni is a criminally underrated guitarist.

Adam And The Ants - Dog Eat Dog

Adam And The Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:07 am

I had Kings on vinyl and dug it. I loved all the tribal rhythms. They lost me when they released that horrible song "Strip" though.

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 am

I have Dirk through Friend or Foe.

He was a favorite growing up and I still love his music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:12 am

Whatever happened to that guy anyway? Back in the early days of MTV, he was on a constant rotation. I think him, Duran Duran and Journey were the only videos they had to play back then.

"Don't drink, don't smoke, what do ya do?"
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:08 pm

I loved that stuff way back when. Picked up Kings of the Wild Frontier on CD a little while back and still enjoy it. Like the OP said, a whole range of influences and ideas, not to mention a strong sense of humour, too.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Whatever happened to that guy anyway? Back in the early days of MTV, he was on a constant rotation. I think him, Duran Duran and Journey were the only videos they had to play back then.

"Don't drink, don't smoke, what do ya do?"

He was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder in the 90's and i guess has been struggling with that ever since, hasn't made an album for 13 years. Although he managed his Biography Stand And Deliver a few years ago which is great. Really made Malcolm McLaren out as a prick.

Another book i read recently was Tony Visconti's biography, and he says Adam Ant's record Vive Le Rock (1985) was one of his favourite records to produce and was full of praise for Marco Pironni's guitar playing and Gretsch White Falcon guitar. This is pretty high praise coming from a guy who produced some of my favourite records by Thin Lizzy, David Bowie, Morrissey, Electric Angels, D Generation etc.

Vive Le Rock is my favourite Ant solo record after Friend Or Foe, great disco metalbilly not unlike Billy Idol.

Adam Ant - Vive Le Rock

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Stand and Deliver!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Stand and Deliver!

I will...

"I'm the dandy highwayman who you're too scared to mention
I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
the devil take your stereo and your record collection!
the way you look you'll qualify for next year's old age pension!"

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:26 am

I like the stuff. I've got Friend Or Foe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adam And The Ants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam And The Ants   Adam And The Ants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adam And The Ants
Page 1 of 1