Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Empty
PostSubject: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/song-exclusive-the-gaslight-anthem-45-20120430

Good stuff.

Last edited by Dark Horseman on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Yeah, I dig that. I have American Slang and like it. I like the punkier sound of this song.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:51 pm

The first album has more of that sound.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Looking forward to the album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/song-exclusive-the-gaslight-anthem-45-20120430

Good stuff.

Keep bumping this. I have so much going on right now that I tend to forget new music and DVD releases.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:05 pm

Sure thing. I'm surprised no else here likes them.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:52 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

I like them, which is as a result of me being exposed to them through Classic Rock's best of the year CDs that come with the magazine (it's the only time I actually buy it). But if I'd just been told about them I don't know if I would have been that inclined to listen to them. So maybe the lack of enthusiasm here is from not many people having heard them and not thinking that they were worth taking a listen to.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:34 am

I can see that. So Classic Rock is worth picking up once a year? Smile
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:18 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
So Classic Rock is worth picking up once a year? Smile

To be honest, the only band I've discovered that way is the Gaslight Anthem (well technically the Horrible Crowes too, but they're a Gaslight Anthem spin-off and I haven't actually bought their album yet). The other bands that have appeared on those compilations are either bands whose albums I already have or bands who I haven't been inspired enough to investigate any further. But the songs chosen are usually pretty good, so I don't consider buying the magazine once a year specifically for those cover discs a waste.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Citanul wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
So Classic Rock is worth picking up once a year? Smile

To be honest, the only band I've discovered that way is the Gaslight Anthem (well technically the Horrible Crowes too, but they're a Gaslight Anthem spin-off and I haven't actually bought their album yet). The other bands that have appeared on those compilations are either bands whose albums I already have or bands who I haven't been inspired enough to investigate any further. But the songs chosen are usually pretty good, so I don't consider buying the magazine once a year specifically for those cover discs a waste.

I've found quite a bit of new bands through CR's monthly sampler. The Gaslight Anthem tune I've heard wasn't really my cuppa java, but I've found plenty of other stuff to keep me interested on those discs. I've even started going back to older ones and listening for stuff I might have by-passed the first time 'round.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:30 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Handwritten-Gaslight-Anthem/dp/B0089IGUP4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1343154428&sr=1-1&keywords=gaslight+anthem
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:48 pm

The '59 Sound is one of the best records of the last 5 years, IMO. I'll definitely check out this new one...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Just ordered this.

Thanks to people who kept bumping this thread because I kept forgetting about it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:53 am

Huh, I kind of feel like a pimp, should write these guys and tell them they owe me. I love their sound, nothing original but they do it well and with heart.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Huh, I kind of feel like a pimp, should write these guys and tell them they owe me. I love their sound, nothing original but they do it well and with heart.

Like Springsteen meets The Clash...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah, very familiar, almost like comfort food.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Perfect description.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:57 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

That's enough to keep me far, far away. I have no love for either of those artists.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Your just cranky cause of that titty twister.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Cranky or arroused? crazy happy

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:54 pm

New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  78889
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Spun this twice today. This one reminds me more of The Goo Goo Dolls singing Springsteen. Much more polished. Vocally and production-wise this reminds me a lot of The Goo Goo Dolls but the songwriting, particularly in the second half of the album, really smacks of Springsteen.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:17 pm

I think Brendan O'brien had his hand in that. He produced Magic by Springsteen and if you listen to much of what he's had his hand in it has a gloss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.    New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gaslight Anthem song. Album out and Amazon samples.
Page 1 of 1