Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)

Go down 
+13
Dark Horseman
krokus
ZombieHavoc
ShadowAngel
jstate
Infinite
tohostudios
thejokeriv
James B.
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
stormspell
Metal Misfit
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 am

I like Vicious Circle, not my favorite of theirs but a good listen. Agree with Metalguy, I like the aggressiveness of it. Funny thing is that whenever I play it on my ipod it always confuses me when Crystal Eyes comes on. I always think I've mixed up the playlist with Hollywood Vampires. Fools me every time. No idea why that song is on both albums. I don't even think it's a different version.

Shrinking Violet is worth tracking down.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 am

If anyone cares...

Quote :
Guitarist Stacey Blades has quit LA Guns after nearly ten years, citing “extenuating circumstance and musical differences.”

He joined the band in 2003, after founder Tracii Guns left and went on to form his own outfit with the same name. The confusion lasted until earlier this year, when Guns finally renounced the title.

Blades appeared on five albums from Rips The Covers Off to Hollywood Forever.

He says in a statement: “Due to extenuating circumstances and musical differences I have decided not to continue with the band. LA Guns was a dream come true, but life is full of new beginnings and journeys.

“I will be taking some time off and have some different things lined up that I will share with you in the near future. I would like to thank the fans for allowing me into your hearts – you guys Rule. Hope to see you all soon.

“I dearly wish Phil, Scotty and Steve much continued success.”

Quote :
LA Guns have announced Frankie Wilsey, an old friend of the band, will replaced Stacey Blades, who quit last week.

He was guitarist with Sea Hags in the 1980s, before forming Arcade with Ratt’s Stephen Pearcy and Cinderella’s Fred Coury.

LA Guns say in a statement: “”We first met Frankie back in 2007 when he was playing in Arcade on the Rock Never Stops tour.

“He spent more time on our bus than his own, impressing us with hours of classic bootleg videos from the 70s and 80s. He was clearly a rock aficionado, truly a scholar and a gentleman.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12764

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:16 am

Wilsey is a good player and songwriter

hope he sticks it out and they record some tunes

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:51 pm

James B. wrote:
Wilsey is a good player and songwriter

hope he sticks it out and they record some tunes

Nope.

Quote :
L.A. GUNS last week parted ways with its guitarist of one month, Frankie Wilsey (SEA HAGS, ARCADE), and replaced him with Michael Grant (ENDEVERAFTER). Grant made his live debut with L.A. GUNS last weekend in Chicago and Detroit.

P.S. Hollywood Forever still rips. Get it now.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Wilsey went to join The Geoff.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12764

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Next month it will be former Fasster Pu$$ycat guitar player Greg Steele. Then after Robert Sarzo bails on Tate, he'll be in by next summer. Finishing off the year with Mark Kendall.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Still haven't heard all of Hollywood Forever yet but from what I have heard, it sounds VERY good.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:49 am

Still my album of the year for 2012. And it keeps getting stronger IMO. Love it top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 11:32 am

Quote :
L.A. Guns are planning to enter the studio later this year according to frontman Philip Lewis.

"Looks like we're heading back into the studio later this year after touring," Lewis said during an online chat at L.A. Guns Facebook Fan Group. "We have a killer concept but I can't tell too much just yet, something we've never done before. It's gonna be a 100% blues record in honour of Andy Johns -- a cross between White Stripes and Led Zeppelin."

A blues album? Uh, ummmmm, ok I guess.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 11:55 am

Quote :
"Looks like we're heading back into the studio later this year after touring," Lewis said during an online chat at L.A. Guns Facebook Fan Group. "We have a killer concept but I can't tell too much just yet, something we've never done before. It's gonna be a 100% blues record in honour of Andy Johns -- a cross between White Stripes and Led Zeppelin."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't know. I 'll reserve judgment till I hear some samples.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:16 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I don't know. I 'll reserve judgment till I hear some samples.

Same here. As a fan, I'll give it a fair shake regardless. Here's hoping.

In other LA Guns news, I thought this review of a recent live release was pretty funny...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/laguns/boston.shtml

In short, the Live In Boston, 1989 label on the album doesn't match-up with the release of songs in the set list. Most likely, the recordings are from 1991 or '92. Phil Lewis wrote the liner notes and even he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Buyer beware Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:33 pm

I am listening to it now (it was a gift) and I like it although after a couple tracks I started to question if it was all recorded on the same tour. The quality is good and the band is tight. Phil sounds good and it's a great set list.

At the end of a 10 minute long version of "I Wanna Be Your Man," he does say "thank you, Boston" but it's not all the same concert. I am a huge fan of live stuff, but that is kind of the cardinal sin in my book; when they cobble together separate tracks I look at a live show as a sort of snapshot of a place and time that could have been lost in the ether forever but has been captured and preserved. I figured this was a cleaned up boot when I first spied it. The cover of Montrose's "Rock Candy" is cool, though.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 12:38 pm

A gal showed me a poem she wrote called " Over The Edge " -
so I thought to send her this song by LA GUNS -
by the way, a very wild tune for them to open the albulm with -
anyways, someone made this super-cool video -
for all you daredevils out there - check out the 5 minute mark !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Got the album in the mail earlier today. Cannot wait to give it a first listen on monday. Also ordered the band's latest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)   L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L.A. Guns (Phil Lewis version) - Hollywood Forever (2012)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2