Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Curious...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Have any of you Ultimatum dudes noticed that the "Rockdetector" web site considers Ultimatum to be a "death metal" band?
surprised

http://rockdetector.com/artist,10377.sm

I also didn't realize how many other Ultimatums there are out there... Rockdetector lists four or five others!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:23 pm

that's crazy! Ult, you better call them and smack somebody around with those big guns!angry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:47 pm

Death Metal? LOL! Well, I guess we've been labeled worse.

I say we are a heavy metal band. Most people seem to say we are a thrash metal band. We've been called White Metal, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal, Christian Metal, Spiritual Metal, and now Death Metal.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:20 pm

I could understand if you had the Thrash Metal tag but I don't hear much Death Metal in Ultimatum.

Maybe they have you confused with one of the other half dozen or so Ultimatums on their site?? Smile
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:16 am

There's definately elements of death in scott's vocals. But cetainly not enough (on the level of VR) to be labeled death.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:28 pm

So are Vengence Rising and Once Dead.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:59 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
So are Vengence Rising and Once Dead.

VR were pure thrash metal. Once Dead, as we were, were just Vengeance under a different name. Once Dead as they are now are a thrash band as well. Glenn Rogers is doing a lot of the writing, so I am sure that the Hirax influence will be heard loud and clear.

ult
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Curious...
Page 1 of 1