Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
DallasBlack
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Empty
PostSubject: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live 51pWHVdiycL._SL500_AA300_

Has anyone picked this up? It is the 2011 release that features the return of vocalist DC Cooper. Haven't really heard much discussion about it. Any opinions?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 pm

I know Toho might be interested. Had no idea D.C. was back with them. Definatly got to put this on my wantlist.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:27 pm

First I've heard of it. If DC Cooper's in it, it shall be mine!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Can I read you like a book or what? lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Just ordered it. Thanks for the tip Ult!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:31 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Can I read you like a book or what? lol!

Yep, that one was a given. My DC Cooper fanboyness is well known. Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live 11840

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 pm

It's better then they've been without him but not up to Paradox status. I think most of the songs are too long.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 pm

I really need to get this, I haven't heard the stuff with DC but I liked the last couple with Mark Boals.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 pm

bassman wrote:
I really need to get this, I haven't heard the stuff with DC but I liked the last couple with Mark Boals.

Check out Paradox, it doesn't get any better than that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
bassman wrote:

Check out Paradox, it doesn't get any better than that.

Paradox and Moving Targets are great IMO. Those albums represent my kind of prog; sure they're are lots of long songs with time sig and key changes but there's still always a memorable melody for me to latch onto.

Royal Hunt and Shadow Gallery are my kind o' prog...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:54 pm

"It's a long road
But even longer for the blind
And I've been searching way too looooong
Still I can't find, the place that I belong
It's a long waaay home"
headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

"It's a long road
But even longer for the blind
And I've been searching way too looooong
Still I can't find, the place that I belong
It's a long waaay home"
Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live 11840

That one and "Message To God" are my favorites from Paradox.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Question Ult. You have stated before you don't like Silent Force but you seem to like some Royal Hunt. I don't hear a lot of difference and actually like SF better so I was wondering what you hear?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am

I've always been interested in this band but never gave them a listen to. I had first heard of the band when Cooper was giving an interview on the radio (he's a local guy) and the dj called them hair metal. Cooper corrected him saying that wasn't quite right. I was curious about it but never pursued it further.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Question Ult. You have stated before you don't like Silent Force but you seem to like some Royal Hunt. I don't hear a lot of difference and actually like SF better so I was wondering what you hear?

I'm not a huge fan of Royal Hunt. It's a bit more keyboard dominated than my normal tastes, but I can appreciate and enjoy their music. I'm not all that familiar with Silent Force, but I've always thought their name sounded like a description of a fart.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Ha, yeah. They're pretty typical euro power metal but D.C. adds great vocals.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:26 pm

Then there is FIREWIND! Another name that sounds like a fart! Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Smiley-fart005

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:51 pm

I pity the person who lets one of those loose.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Now if they'd only tour together.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 am

I ordered this although I'm not expecting too much. I liked the album with Boals that was a little more of a rock album in a Deep Purple direction. I like Andre Anderson but the over the top keyboards get old for me sometimes in the same way that Yngwie does with guitar. I can only take Royal Hunt in measured doses.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:48 pm

It is over-the-top keyboards and cheesy as can be, but still, I enjoyed it. I"ll have a review up in my next update.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 pm

The song "Hard Rain's Coming" sounds a lot like the kind of songs Tuomas Holopainen used to write for Tarja in Nightwish. DC sounds great as usual but I can't help but imagine Tarja singing, especially the chorus. There's even a spot around 4 min in where there are some shouted background vocals that would be perfect for Marco Hietala.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:19 pm

So, does this album get the Toho stamp of approval? Very Happy

Either way, I'm getting this once my spending probation is over with (saving money for a possible root canal right now).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
So, does this album get the Toho stamp of approval? Very Happy

Either way, I'm getting this once my spending probation is over with (saving money for a possible root canal right now).
I'm diggin' it so far. It's not quite up to the level of Paradox or Moving Targets but it sounds a lot better to me than anything they've released lately.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:29 am

It's one of those albums I can wait on until I have a windfall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live   Royal Hunt - Show Me How To Live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1