Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Royal Hunt

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Wargod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Listening to a voice over of the new Royal Hunt and I think most will like this if you like Royal Hunt!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:58 pm

Is this better than Paper Blood? That was the first Royal Hunt clunker in my book in a long time.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Who's the vocalist now?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Good question!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 9:16 pm

Mark Boals is doing the vocal duties for Royal Hunt nowdays!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:06 pm

For some reason I've only heard Paradox (one of my favorite prog metal albums) but I might check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:07 am

Mark Boals. Perfect fit. Cool!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:07 pm

I've spun this once and while it's better than Paper Blood, something about Boals' vocals annoys me. He sounds fine during the mellow passages but gets nasally or something on the more bombastic sections. Plus, just as when John West was on vox, I kept finding myself wishing DC Cooper was still fronting this band.

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:56 pm

My feelings too Toho. They have never recovered from losing Cooper.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:36 pm

I set up a 2 night gig for Royal Hunt here in Stevens Point WI back in like 96. Cool guys and pretty good live!-TJ
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Just got this today and will listen to it tonight. Paradox is one of my favorite albums so I'm sort of anxious to hear what the sequal sounds like.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:56 pm

DC Cooper is one of the most nasally piercing singers around...every word has the same feel to it........ Laughing I definitely prefer West.

Some of this album is absolutely killer. 'The First Rock' is very close to my favorite song by the band. But then there are these filler tracks which break the flow of things.... 'Exit Wound'.... 'Chaos AC'... It is solid though and nowhere near their worst one. Best production they've ever had too.. none of the little almost-clipping from 'Paper Blood', and the drums sound perfect.

I think Boals might be the best they've had yet with a little evolution.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:00 pm

I never purchased it as much as I like the band, so let us know. By the way DB, do you know the (Swiss I think) band Serenity (i.e. "Words Untold and Dreams Unlived")? They are a great band for Royal Hunt Fans. There's a thread here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:36 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I never purchased it as much as I like the band, so let us know. By the way DB, do you know the (Swiss I think) band Serenity (i.e. "Words Untold and Dreams Unlived")? They are a great band for Royal Hunt Fans. There's a thread here somewhere.

Great album IMO, and definatly one that will be in my top 20 list this year (competition this year is real tough for me so I can't say whether it will be in the top 10). Better than Paradox? No, that album is high up on my list of all time albums and try as it might this doesn't quite make it. That being said, this is an awesome platter of power/progressive metal worthy enough to be called Paradox II (after all sequals usually never surpass the first ones). The vocalist is not unique like Cooper but that is not to say he is bad. On the contrary, Boals is a very good singer that reminds me a little of Doogie White (Rainbow/Empire).

Not familiar with Serenity but it sounds like something I should investigate further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Royal Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Royal Hunt   New Royal Hunt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Royal Hunt
Page 1 of 1