Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO

Go down 
+13
nevermore
Temple of Blood
exact33
stormspell
arachnoplasma
krokus
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
stepcousin
DallasBlack
17 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Empty
PostSubject: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:47 am

On my walk earlier today, I had my music on random and this song came up. This has been one of my all time favorite metal songs and I'd like to get other's opinion on it (if you don't like Running Wild then you won't like this):

The guitar part after the solos is my favorite part (@ 3:45 and 5:40-couldn't stop air doing air guitar during that despite being out in public).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:39 am

sounds pretty cool, had I grown up listening to these guys I wouldve loved em. Unfortunately, when they came out, it was during the peak of the thrash years and I was very narrowminded: if it wasnt fast, thrashy, heavy, and evil I didnt like it. I missed out on alot of traditional heavy metal that came out in the late 80's/early 90's because it didnt live up to my so-called "high standards" of metal. yeah, what an idiot, huh...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:14 am

I love just about anything RW released from Under Jolly Roger up until The Rivalry, this song is no exeption.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 am

Good song ! And like kmorg, I think everything they've released has been fantastic.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:27 am

Rolf is a sick player \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 am

Great song on a great album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:47 am

Yarrr. Here there be metal. Great track. Under Jolly Roger is my favorite by them.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:45 pm

RUNNING WILD is one of my fave bands ever and yes, its a great song.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Killer track from a great album! Running Wild have definitely become one of my favorites in recent years.

I recently added Masquerade to my collection. I was kind of hesitant because I read some less-than-enthusiastic reviews of it online, but it's quickly become one of my favorite Running Wild albums. "Wheel of Doom" has been stuck in my head on repeat for the past couple of days...

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:36 pm

On a somewhat related topic, we have an exciting project and need a singer who can pull Rolf Kasparek impression. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Love Running Wild and Black Hand Inn just plain rocks!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:44 pm

stormspell wrote:
On a somewhat related topic, we have an exciting project and need a singer who can pull Rolf Kasparek impression. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

WISH I could. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Musically it sounds very much like ACCEPT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Straight-ahead heavy metal with NO sub-genres needed whatsoever. Simplicity can be a beautiful thing.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Yarrr. Here there be metal. Great track. Under Jolly Roger is my favorite by them.

Mine too
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:29 am

The whole album is great.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:17 am

Fight the fire of hate is one killer metal song.

Actually, the whole album as well as death or glory are one of the best albums ever released.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 am

Hearing this song for the first time, but brilliant yeah!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:44 pm

MoonChild wrote:
Hearing this song for the first time, but brilliant yeah!

me too, great song. Sounds like something Dio would be proud of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO   One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Of The Best Metal Songs Ever IMO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: