Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grand Magus - The Hunt

Go down 
+7
GrandNational
nevermore
Dellocatus
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

"Fans of true metal will take this album to their hearts.
Rolling Eyes 

Oh brother. The next opening act for Manowar evidently.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 pm

I liked The Hunt and I am sure the new one will be good. Solid traditional metal with Viking themes - solid combo in my book.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Here's a lyric video for the title track from their new album Triumph and Power.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 am

Not bad. I would have to hear more from it before I'd decide to buy it or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:39 am

I made it until the chorus and bailed, these guys have moved in a direction I have zero interest in.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:50 am

S.D. wrote:
these guys have moved in a direction I have zero interest in.  

I think I'm in the same boat with you. I find myself going back towards the older, doomier material moreso than the newer traditional metal they've been shilling the last few albums. I can only take so much of the "raise our swords and ride to glory" viking stuff.

I'm not ready to totally write these guys off yet, but the new album will have to really knock my socks off and I don't think that will happen.

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I can only take so much of the "raise our swords and ride to glory" viking stuff.

My tolerance for that stuff is about 60 seconds, once every 5 years.  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Here's a link to another new track from Grand Magus - "Steel Versus Steel"

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/streams/grand-magus-premiere-new-song-steel-versus-steel-exclusively-terrorizer/
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:58 am

I like Steel Versus Steel better than the other track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:22 pm

In-depth interview with JB about the new album.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/grand-magus-are-bored-to-tears-with-esoterica-and-ritual-magic
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:41 pm

It's okay, a bit dull. The only band that I've really liked that have done the whole 'riding a flaming horse into Valhalla' thing was Bathory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
It's okay, a bit dull. The only band that I've really liked that have done the whole 'riding a flaming horse into Valhalla' thing was Bathory.

JB is a fantastic singer, he has exactly the type of heavy metal voice I like, clean and powerful without undue histrionics. It's a shame that they've become less and less interesting with each successive album since Wolf's Return, well, I should say less interesting to me. I dig their first 3 albums and there are some good tracks scattered across the next couple albums, but they've crawled so far up the Manowar metal butthole at this point I just can't take it.

The opening track is called "On Hooves of Gold" for crying out loud.  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 am

I love the album.

I hope the new one maintains the traditional metal sound they have been getting into lately.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:19 pm

Entire Triumph and Power album streaming here:
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/grand-magus-exclusive-triumph-and-power-in-full/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus - The Hunt   Grand Magus - The Hunt - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Magus - The Hunt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2