Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grand Magus

Go down 
+5
nevermore
James B.
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:21 pm

New Grand Magus Song. Can't wait for this cd.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:55 pm

I like this band.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:33 pm

How could you not? Grand Magus 11840

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Is this the same band that used to have the vocalist who split and joined Spiritual Beggars? I just seem to remember them sounding different.

*edit* - nevermind. I see it's the same vocalist, I just didn't know he played guitar in this band, only saw him as a vocalist before. Their sound has changed ALOT.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:13 pm

yea they have changed, i think they are better now

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:45 am

Yeah, I was never that impressed with them before. That new song is pretty killer though, so I think I'll need to listen to some of the more recent material.

I REALLY like the 2 Spiritual Beggars albums this vocalist is on(On Fire & Demons).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm a big Spiritual Beggars fan and I've been meaning to look into these guys a little more. I'm kinda holding off though. I'm afraid I'm really gonna like 'em. Grand Magus 213740

Side note: We need some sort of "I'm broke or out-of-cash" emoticon if such a thing exists.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:53 pm

That had a good groove, no doubt. I dig that they didn't overplay anything. Thumbs up !

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Awesome!! Grand Magus 11840
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm a big Spiritual Beggars fan and I've been meaning to look into these guys a little more. I'm kinda holding off though. I'm afraid I'm really gonna like 'em. Grand Magus 213740

Side note: We need some sort of "I'm broke or out-of-cash" emoticon if such a thing exists.

They only have the 4 albums Grand Magus Icon_biggrin

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:03 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

They only have the 4 albums Grand Magus Icon_biggrin

Yea, but try telling that to my wife. Grand Magus Icon_razz They look a litle pricey too. I don't pay import prices. Maybe if my current round of ebay sales go well, I'll splurge on a disc.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Oh really? I thought I got them fairly cheap, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. They sell their stuff in FYE now so this will turn up eventually. The last 2 did.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Oh really? I thought I got them fairly cheap, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. They sell their stuff in FYE now so this will turn up eventually. The last 2 did.

I guess it depends on the album. Some were in the $12-$15 range, others $25+. Seeing how I rarely spend more than $10 on music (especially for a "blind purchase", it puts them outta my budget for now. I'll have to look for them next time I'm in FYE.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:16 pm

I have all Grand Magus albums and love both the stoner/doom sound and their new heavy metal sound. I pre-ordered the new one as the new song sounds amazing - especially the vocals.
Back to top Go down

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 am

Grand Magus N97951o1tym

This album is just flat out KILLER! Classic metal all the way and one of the best vocalists in recent memory (I also loved his work in Spiritual Beggars).

Also, this gets the "Detuned seal of approval" in the audio department. Fantastic recording, the bass sound is CRUSHING, everything mixed just perfectly. Not surprising since it's the same guy who mixes Opeth's records.

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:06 am

detuned wrote:
Is this the same band that used to have the vocalist who split and joined Spiritual Beggars? I just seem to remember them sounding different.

*edit* - nevermind. I see it's the same vocalist, I just didn't know he played guitar in this band, only saw him as a vocalist before. Their sound has changed ALOT.

I dig this. BTW, I think the bearded monk is my own Patriarch Malachia Ormanian, bad-ass!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 am

Heard them on the radio the other morning. Man, I gotta get me some of this band. Wicked!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:54 am

There's a track by this band on the comp I got from troublemagnet. Easily my favorite song on the disc.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 pm

I have to find the new album. I haven't really been in a music store in a while. I've been waiting to hear this though. I really like all their albums. They just keep getting better.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Yup good stuff me likey!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 pm

this song KILLS!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:29 pm

I really like the vocals of this band. Instead of the usual heavy metal castrato vox, we get a guy with some balls in his voice.

Grand Magus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Magus   Grand Magus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Magus
Page 1 of 1