Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers

Go down 
+9
kmorg
T-Roy
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
mc666
spiritoradio
Required Fields
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:58 pm

Hey Eyesore. the Meatmen are awesome! One of their drummers used to live down the road from me. We used to used ask me obscure punk questions and if I got the question right he would give me some of his old punk stuff. I got a few Necros lps from him, old flyers and an uncut/unused sleeve for the first Meatmen 7"

Anyway I was wearing my Cold Hand of Christ shirt at the movies one day, and the back of it reads "God doesn't love me anymore" and some guy asked me if I really thought that was true. I said it was just a shirt and I was trying to represent for a local band, and asked him why he didn't have anything better to do then go around reading shirts.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:09 pm

If I remember correctly (I think it was the Peters brothers?); the argument went that the rock beat was intrinsically evil, got your heart going too fast and made you want to fornicate. Everything was condemned, including Petra, Amy Grant, and especially Stryper. Only church music and NO DANCING!
I have a book at home, by someone other than Peters, but it's along the same lines. It would be funny, except the guy says offensive things like "Jimmy Page's four year old dying in a car accident was punishment from God". Why God couldn't target Page himself rather than the child isn't explained. (In fact the NT story about the blind son I think abrogates any rationale for this type of OT behavior by God).
But anyway, it was reading crap like this that led me to repeatedly sell and buy back some of my favorite albums . I'm sure I went through at least four copies of Stained Class over this sort of ridiculous agonizing. I want to be clear here that I'm not making fun of matters of personal concience. If a person feels that a secular album is offensive personally then I can respect them not listening to it. Nothing wrong with that. And of course children need to be protected from lots of stuff, theological and otherwise (crap T.V). However as a young adult my tastes were being dictated by the concience of others, not my own concience. As an adult, the idea that I can read the Bible, theology, and religious history for hours every day (which I do); and then be dragged down by some idiot (a brilliant musician, but an idiot) like Ozzy is just silly. If I'm gonna be dragged down, it's gonna be by Nietzsche or Richard Dawkins or somebody good at talking forward, not some stoner who happens to be good at writing songs or singing backward.
Here ends the sermon.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 8:20 pm

I have a fe "offensive" shirts left....

I have one which is a scene of the crucifixtion but all involved a charcters fro WINNIE THE POOH...

Pooh on the cross....Tigger as the Roman Guard...etc....

I had a TAD shirt that says "Like Jesus Wih A Lobotmoy"

my favorite reaction shirt is white ad just says NOBODY KNOWS I'M A LESBIAN

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:05 pm

firestar wrote:
Hey Eyesore. the Meatmen are awesome! One of their drummers used to live down the road from me. We used to used ask me obscure punk questions and if I got the question right he would give me some of his old punk stuff. I got a few Necros lps from him, old flyers and an uncut/unused sleeve for the first Meatmen 7"
They're one of my all-time favorite bands. The lyrics are hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:06 pm

Shiney wrote:
my favorite reaction shirt is white ad just says NOBODY KNOWS I'M A LESBIAN
Laughing very hard

I used to have this shirt in high school! Hahaha. There was another one that said NOBODY KNOWS I'M ELVIS, which just wasn't as funny. You can still buy the lesbian shirt at Newbury Comics up here. It's been around for a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 12:19 am

I actually have a worse Meatmen picture. You probably know the one I'm talking about. I wouldn't wear that t-shirt. No sir.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:59 pm

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I like to go back and put in my two cents so as not to make a new thread on an old topic.

A while back I went into a Mardel Christian Bookstore with an Iron Maiden shirt with two Eddie-looking Vikings on them. The clerk was not rude but he really wasn't friendly upon seeing me and my shirt. I actually like to do that to people because it helps me gauge what kind of Christians they are. When I decided to join the church that I attend now, I wore an Alice Cooper shirt to see what peoples' reactions would be. Of course everyone old and young were polite and smiling otherwise I might not have joined that church. A true Christian should NOT care what is on the outside only what is on the inside.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2