Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers

Go down 
+9
kmorg
T-Roy
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
mc666
spiritoradio
Required Fields
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Empty
PostSubject: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Yesterday, I bought four CDs and two T-shirts. My mom certainly didn't seem impressed when she saw my new Kreator Pleasure to Kill T-shirt.

She also had a funny reaction when she saw the cover to Judas Priest's Unleashed in the East and Manowar's Anthology.

I talked to someone once who borrowed Overkill's Taking Over album, only to have his mom throw it out after she saw it, and noticed that there was a song called "Deny the Cross" on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Uh Oh! The '80s Satanic Heavy Metal Movement is coming back! affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 11:08 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Yesterday, I bought four CDs and two T-shirts. My mom certainly didn't seem impressed when she saw my new Kreator Pleasure to Kill T-shirt.

She also had a funny reaction when she saw the cover to Judas Priest's Unleashed in the East and Manowar's Anthology.
you are 22 years old. tell her to mind her own business. 8)

i have alot of shirts with inverted crosses & pentagrams that get funny looks here in the bible belt. no one has ever said anything to me though. not that i'd care, mind you.

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:00 am

There was a huge fuss in my class last year when I wore my Pantera Cowboys From HELL shirt. OH NO H-E Double Hockey sticks was seriously what kids were saying to me:roll: . Also this kid me and my other friend like to bug said he isn't talking to me because I wore a Possessed shirt with the logo that had the inverted cross. That same kid also said The DaVinci Code was an evil book because it "talked bad about the lord."
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:40 am

Don't worry about me telling the story about wearing my Styx t-shirt to disturb my cool alternative friends again. I won't.
The most (potentially) offensive shirt I've ever seen was actually from a Bible camp. I found it at Goodwill, but I never had the nerve to wear it. The theme was 1st Corinthians 1:27 (God has chosen the foolish); and it had a picture of a clown carrying a cross. I think the well meaning but geeky preacher who designed the shirt assumed that most people have a sophisticated understanding of Paul's theology. I kind of doubt it. I pity the poor Bible camp kids who innocently went around wearing those shirts (such as to their grandparents, etc.) afterwards. That must have been quite a scene. At least it would have been if it were MY grandparents or neighbors!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 am

I once had this shirt, which always got me some glares!

Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers 17759L

Hahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
I once had this shirt, which always got me some glares!

Hahaha.

Great! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:38 am

Awesome shirt, Eyesore!

I remember my old "Metal Up Your Ass" Metallica shirt (with a picture of a switchblade coming up out of a toilet bowl) used to get me some odd looks.

I also had a Raven T-shirt years back that just had their logo on the front and a list of their album titles on the back. At the bottom of the album titles it said "REAL HEAVY SH*T!" in huge letters. One summer day I was walking around a supermarket and wondering why all the soccer moms were giving me dirty looks...then I remembered what was on the back of the shirt. I had completely forgotten about it and I guess some little kid must've went "Mommy, look what that man's shirt says!" Laughing very hard

When I was in high school a friend of mine bought Overkill's infamous "F**k You" shirt (with the huge middle finger on the front) just so he could wear it to school and see how long it would take before someone told him to go home and change. Imagine our disappointment when he made it through the entire day without any teachers or principals saying a word about it!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:53 am

That's a great shirt Eyesore......

I'm 33 but I still get a minor juvenile thrill out of wearing Iron Maiden or Dio shirts to Wed. or Sunday night Church....very rarely does anyone say anything....but I see them looking!! Maybe I shouldn't provoke, but I'm always spoiling for the old "they're Satanic" argument which seems to hang on in some circles....especially the circles I run in. I went to a Christian College and I can't count (nor do I like to think) about how many times some moron told me about "Satan, Satanic, Devil, evil, kill, demons, demonic, possessed, etc....." Silly kids......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:13 am

Oh the hyper-sensative, anti-rock preachers are still out there crusading against the evils of rock and roll and heavy metal. Being a Christian who goes to church regularly I see it and hear about it all the time. I recently listened to a link from a anti-rock preacher from the 70's who made some of the most outrageous claims to scare parents into forbidding their children from listening to rock. He said things like "before any record is released, all the master tapes are taken into a room at the record company with a pentragram carved into the floor on the night of a full moon and spells are placed on the master tapes by seven witches and warlocks from a coven." To anyone with any discerning sense, his claims were almost comical. Unfortunately there are those who will blindly believe and follow him. Unfortunately I couldn't find that link for you all to hear it. There were several classic quotes on that one, including the old standby "KISS stands for Knights in Satan's Service". I never could understand why these preachers wasted their time spreading false rumors and lies rather than just focus on the real problems within rock and metal.

On the subject though, I was wearing my Vengeance Rising White Throne shirt at the mall once. I little kid nearly walked into me, coming face to face with the screaming, tortured face on my shirt and made the comment to his mom, "that is an ugly face." LOL!

I was wearing my Iron Maiden Killers shirt this weekend and bumped into an old preacher friend of mine. We had a nice conversation for about 30 minutes, but I noticed several times he was staring at my shirt. I think it bothered him a bit that I was wearing such a shirt although he didn't say anything to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:15 am

ultmetal wrote:
"before any record is released, all the master tapes are taken into a room at the record company with a pentragram carved into the floor on the night of a full moon and spells are placed on the master tapes by seven witches and warlocks from a coven."

You mean... THAT'S NOT TRUE??? affraid

But seriously... does this "process" apply only to heavy metal records, or do Mariah Carey, Black Eyed Peas, Backstreet Boys, etc. CDs also get this treatment?? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
"before any record is released, all the master tapes are taken into a room at the record company with a pentragram carved into the floor on the night of a full moon and spells are placed on the master tapes by seven witches and warlocks from a coven."

But seriously... does this "process" apply only to heavy metal records, or do Mariah Carey, Black Eyed Peas, Backstreet Boys, etc. CDs also get this treatment?? Laughing very hard

Like I said, it was pretty ridiculous. He claimed that all big record companies had these secret satantic alter rooms in the executive offices that were kept locked and hidden. Totally ridiculous stuff. I wish I could remember where I saw that link. Shoot it was just last week.

He also made a claim about Crosby, Still, Nash & Young and blamed one of their albums for being the main cause of the rebellion of the 60's because David Crosby told him personally that they prayed to have demons attache to each and every album that would cause people who listened to the album to rebel.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
Oh the hyper-sensative, anti-rock preachers are still
out there crusading against the evils of rock and roll and heavy metal.
Being a Christian who goes to church regularly I see it and hear about
it all the time. I recently listened to a link from a anti-rock
preacher from the 70's who made some of the most outrageous claims to
scare parents into forbidding their children from listening to rock. He
said things like "before any record is released, all the master
tapes are taken into a room at the record company with a pentragram
carved into the floor on the night of a full moon and spells are placed
on the master tapes by seven witches and warlocks from a coven."
To
anyone with any discerning sense, his claims were almost comical.
Unfortunately there are those who will blindly believe and follow him.
Unfortunately I couldn't find that link for you all to hear it. There
were several classic quotes on that one, including the old standby "KISS stands for Knights in Satan's Service".
I never could understand why these preachers wasted their time
spreading false rumors and lies rather than just focus on the real
problems within rock and metal.

On the subject though, I was
wearing my Vengeance Rising White Throne shirt at the mall once. I
little kid nearly walked into me, coming face to face with the
screaming, tortured face on my shirt and made the comment to his mom,
"that is an ugly face." LOL!

I was wearing my Iron Maiden
Killers shirt this weekend and bumped into an old preacher friend of
mine. We had a nice conversation for about 30 minutes, but I noticed
several times he was staring at my shirt. I think it bothered him a bit
that I was wearing such a shirt although he didn't say anything to
me.
you, you...........HEATHEN!!!!!!lol!

Don't forget the classic "Anti Christ, Devils Child"!! OH, and by the
way, if you play backwords "Another One Bites the Dust", its telling you to start
smoking pot....FYI. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 am

ultmetal wrote:

Like I said, it was pretty ridiculous. He claimed that all big record companies had these secret satantic alter rooms in the executive offices that were kept locked and hidden. Totally ridiculous stuff. I wish I could remember where I saw that link. Shoot it was just last week.

He also made a claim about Crosby, Still, Nash & Young and blamed one of their albums for being the main cause of the rebellion of the 60's because David Crosby told him personally that they prayed to have demons attache to each and every album that would cause people who listened to the album to rebel.

This dude sounds like one of those guys you hear on the Art Bell radio show who talks about aliens sending mind-control rays through his TV...
surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Awesome shirt, Eyesore!

I remember my old "Metal Up Your Ass" Metallica shirt (with a picture of a switchblade coming up out of a toilet bowl) used to get me some odd looks.

I also had a Raven T-shirt years back that just had their logo on the front and a list of their album titles on the back. At the bottom of the album titles it said "REAL HEAVY SH*T!" in huge letters. One summer day I was walking around a supermarket and wondering why all the soccer moms were giving me dirty looks...then I remembered what was on the back of the shirt. I had completely forgotten about it and I guess some little kid must've went "Mommy, look what that man's shirt says!" Laughing very hard

When I was in high school a friend of mine bought Overkill's infamous "F**k You" shirt (with the huge middle finger on the front) just so he could wear it to school and see how long it would take before someone told him to go home and change. Imagine our disappointment when he made it through the entire day without any teachers or principals saying a word about it!! Laughing very hard

happy happy happy Those mummy were thinking you were stanic! laughing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

you know Mariah is the most satanic. those high pitches she hits are her communication with the demons of the underworld.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:56 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:

Either that or they thought I was a shoplifter!! I had a friend who used to work in a book store at a very exclusive, high-end shopping mall (we used to call it "the Snob Factory"), and every so often I'd meet him at work on a Friday night and we'd go to a movie or whatever after he was done. So I'd be walking thru these expensive department stores with my full "metal gear" on (leather jacket, W.A.S.P. t-shirt, ripped jeans, etc.) and I could spot the store detectives following me around from a mile away. I turned it into a game after a while. I'd loiter around by the elevators, by the water fountains, etc., and see how many people I could see watching me out of the corner of my eye. I'd eventually get to the store my friend worked in and say "You wanna have some fun sometime? Take a walk through the mall dressed like this!" Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

Either that or they thought I was a shoplifter!! I had a friend who used to work in a book store at a very exclusive, high-end shopping mall (we used to call it "the Snob Factory"), and every so often I'd meet him at work on a Friday night and we'd go to a movie or whatever after he was done. So I'd be walking thru these expensive department stores with my full "metal gear" on (leather jacket, W.A.S.P. t-shirt, ripped jeans, etc.) and I could spot the store detectives following me around from a mile away. I turned it into a game after a while. I'd loiter around by the elevators, by the water fountains, etc., and see how many people I could see watching me out of the corner of my eye. I'd eventually get to the store my friend worked in and say "You wanna have some fun sometime? Take a walk through the mall dressed like this!" Laughing very hard

laughing laughing laughing
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:26 pm

I was at a metal festival this weekend, and pretty uch every second kid there wore something that would freak out 90% of the US population! :lol Everything from the plain white long-sleeve, with green arms, saying "Satan is coming" in front, and "Satan is leaving" at the back.

The only time I got a reaction on a t-shirt I wore was when I bought one at a Bible camp. It had all these "famous" logo types, but written wth Christian content. You know, like the Harely Davidson logo said "Heavenly Divine Son" instead! lol I'm glad people told me that was no good! :lol

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:38 pm

kmorg wrote:
The only time I got a reaction on a t-shirt I wore was when I bought one at a Bible camp. It had all these "famous" logo types, but written wth Christian content. You know, like the Harely Davidson logo said "Heavenly Divine Son" instead! lol I'm glad people told me that was no good! :lol

I remember seeing a kid once wearing one of those Christian "logo parody" shirts that said "MEGALIFE (written in the style of the Megadeth logo) through PRAYER (written in the style of the Slayer logo)"... I just shook my head. Silliest damn thing I ever saw.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:55 pm

i've had a few comments from people when i wear my dio t shirt with 'DIO KICKS ARSE!!!' in big red letters on the back. 99% of the comments are by other metalheads who shout 'DIO DOES KICK ARSE!!!' to me Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:18 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
i've had a few comments from people when i wear my dio t shirt with 'DIO KICKS ARSE!!!' in big red letters on the back. 99% of the comments are by other metalheads who shout 'DIO DOES KICK ARSE!!!' to me Razz

Kinda like anytime you wear a Slayer shirt, you are guaranteed to have someone yell "SLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYERRRRR!" at you Wink
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:49 pm

I do that whenever I see someone in a Slayer shirt. I don't ever recall anyone having done it when seeing my Slayer shirt, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:01 pm

I was wearing an Ultimatum Into the Pit shirt at the bank a few weeks ago. My wife came with me and stood near the door waiting for me to cash my check. A couple guys walked in and were staring at me and talking about me. I didn't hear them, but my wife did. They were debating whether I was the singer for Ultimatum or not. My wife said nothing to them. Apparently they didn't want to just ask me and be humiliated if they were incorrect, so they said nothing. I walked past them, said a friendly greeting and walked out the door. When we got in the car my wife told me the story. I guess my shirt wasn't a good enough clue.

I get comments on my shirts all the time. I can't really remember them all, but I do remember getting several comments on my Hirax shirt while I was at the Lizzy Borden/W.A.S.P. concert in Albuquerque.

I also remember getting a few comments on my Moshketeers shirt at Cornerstone. Nothing really spectacular said, I just remember some comments made.

Can't remember anything to odd or comical happening.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:03 pm

I used to have an Iron Maiden Live After Death and a Somewhere In Time shirt and my nephew was terrifed of Eddie. He's into metal now ! I had the Lick It Up tour shirt (long since worn out) and my 2 year old niece would say that they were dogs on it,much to the enjoyment of my family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers   Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny reactions to T-shirts/album covers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next