Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robbie Crane leaves RATT

Go down 
+11
Getizzyback
Psychotron
Troublezone
exact33
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
James B.
manny
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:14 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
It still upsets me how much Ratt smurfed up their latest run. This was their THIRD chance. I'm surprised Roadrunner is still willing to release a second album. Supposedly they've been working on the writing portion, I hope this doesn't stall things.

How did they mess it up? The video did well, the album did decently (for an "old" band in 2009), the toured and they're making another album...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Maybe they can finally get the original bassist back now.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I doubt that, the last interviews I saw with him he said he was pissed that Ratt wouldn't change their sound and was wouldn't go back to play the same style music.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
It still upsets me how much Ratt smurfed up their latest run. This was their THIRD chance. I'm surprised Roadrunner is still willing to release a second album. Supposedly they've been working on the writing portion, I hope this doesn't stall things.

How did they mess it up? The video did well, the album did decently (for an "old" band in 2009), the toured and they're making another album...

Because they started trashing each other while the album was just being released, were threatening it was going to be the last Ratt album, the Blotzer book didn't help band relations, Pearcy was close to leaving again and they started arguing over money. It was needless ox manur drama that damaged the band at least in my eyes and they got real lucky Roadrunner still cares enough to keep them on board.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Pearcy must have kept it in well, as for his twitter account he has always said great things about the band and direction, and seems I remember a tweet where he and Warren DeMartini were getting together soon to write some new music.

There is a piece about the deal with Juan Croucier on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratt#Two_versions_of_Ratt.2C_Death_of_Crosby_and_new_era_.282000.E2.80.932006.29

Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:25 pm

I guess Juan is still pissed at Stephen for quitting, or he's pissed at Bobby for telling him that Stephen quit, even if Stephen didn't really quit! Either or, that leaves Juan pissed at SOMEONE in the band, and I guess that is an unfixable rodent!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

it would seem to me no one is going to get the money if all this stuff continues.

stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 pm

I always found it amuzing Crane was in Vince Neil's first solo band, whilst at the same time frame a certain John Corabi was in Mötley Crüe - they both ended up in Ratt simotaneously.

Infestation was great and set the bar certainly for a follow-up.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I doubt that, the last interviews I saw with him he said he was pissed that Ratt wouldn't change their sound and was wouldn't go back to play the same style music.

I guess I was wrong.....

According to Metal Sludge, original RATT bassist Juan Croucier is rumored to be rejoining the Californian rockers for their upcoming show at the M3 Rock Festival, set to take place on May 11-12 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.

In an October 2011 interview with Legendary Rock Interviews, Croucier stated about the possibility of him returning to RATT, "I never say never, because I can't predict the future but there have been some very nasty things said and done to me by my former bandmates in RATT. It has destroyed the trust, bond and respect we once had among each other."

He added, "I have had many offers to go back to RATT (ironically, sometimes while they were deriding me in the press at the same time) and the main reason I have not gone back to the band is because we had a very problematic situation in the first place, and nothing had (or has) changed — we don't get along, it's not fun and things that should be easy are hard. . . Some people like being in tumultuous relationships; I don't. I have been fortunate enough to be able to work in my recording studio, still play in bands and be a father that is present in my children's lives at the same time. It's not 'all about Juan.'"
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:21 am

thejokeriv wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I guess I was wrong.....

According to Metal Sludge, original RATT bassist Juan Croucier is rumored to be rejoining the Californian rockers for their upcoming show at the M3 Rock Festival, set to take place on May 11-12 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland.

In an October 2011 interview with Legendary Rock Interviews, Croucier stated about the possibility of him returning to RATT, "I never say never, because I can't predict the future but there have been some very nasty things said and done to me by my former bandmates in RATT. It has destroyed the trust, bond and respect we once had among each other."

He added, "I have had many offers to go back to RATT (ironically, sometimes while they were deriding me in the press at the same time) and the main reason I have not gone back to the band is because we had a very problematic situation in the first place, and nothing had (or has) changed — we don't get along, it's not fun and things that should be easy are hard. . . Some people like being in tumultuous relationships; I don't. I have been fortunate enough to be able to work in my recording studio, still play in bands and be a father that is present in my children's lives at the same time. It's not 'all about Juan.'"

Juan is back with the group, and he was back for the M3 Rock Festival. It was the only move that made sense, regarding filling the void at bass.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:40 am

Juan was great, like he never left! Here's the entire set on youtube:

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:44 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm enjoying the set list from the show. They kind of surprised me with the first 3 songs.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:01 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm enjoying the set list from the show. They kind of surprised me with the first 3 songs.

Great set list! They had some sound issues at first, but seem to work them out. The biggest was you couldn't hear Carlos. It was an amp problem - someone moved the mic on his amp and it fixed the problem. Juan was much louder in person than the HDnet broadcast, massive bass tone live!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robbie Crane leaves RATT   Robbie Crane leaves RATT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robbie Crane leaves RATT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2