Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!

Go down 
+25
DallasBlack
Joe
QuothTheRaven
Andy
stpatrik
jstate
MoonChild
speed101
EmoElmo
Leatherface
stepcousin
Wurthless
exact33
arachnoplasma
Tur-Thalion
7thSecond
James B.
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
manny
kmorg
mc666
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 am

going to listen to it today!

Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 am

The greatest piece of music ever recorded. It never got better after The Number of the Beast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:08 am

arachnoplasma wrote:

Absolutely classic record and one that never gets old. "Hallowed Be Thy Name" might just be the greatest metal song ever written as far as I'm concerned.

I completely agree. This tune is probably my favorite Maiden song from any of their albums.

The Maiden song I ever heard was "Flight of Icarus" from Piece of Mind, and it stopped me in my tracks. I looked for albums next time I went to the record store, but being from a strong Christian family, that had already given me grief for my KISS posters, I knew that NONE of Maiden's albums would be welcome in our home! I listened to stuff on the radio and from friends. I didn't actually own TNOTB until quite recently, after rediscovering my metal roots about ten years ago.

Happy Anniversary to a great album! birthday
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:28 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:

The Maiden song I ever heard was "Flight of Icarus" from Piece of Mind, and I knew that NONE of Maiden's albums would be welcome in our home!

You must of lived at home while going to college perhaps ?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I don't even remember when I picked this album up, as it was at least ten years after it's release. It was the first Maiden album I ever heard, so it is my sentimental favorite, but I do tend to reach for other albums when in the mood for them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Ah, 1982, I rember it well...I got Castle Grey Skull from He-Man for giving up my pacifier at age 3. Very Happy

In 1993, after falling in love with Maiden from Fear Of The Dark, I went to a used tape store and picked up this album, Peace Of Mind, Powerslave, and Somewhere In Time. Loved all of them. While SiT is my top Maiden album with SSoaSS; #otB, PoM, & Powerslave are practiacally tied behind them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:18 pm

I'd love to buy this album on audio fidelity gold disc!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:52 am

James B. wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:

The Maiden song I ever heard was "Flight of Icarus" from Piece of Mind, and I knew that NONE of Maiden's albums would be welcome in our home!

Piece of Mind was released at the end of my senior year in high school, so I must have heard the tune during the summer before college. I went through a Christian music only phase in college, so the ban would have been self-imposed after that.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:10 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
James B. wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:

Piece of Mind was released at the end of my senior year in high school, so I must have heard the tune during the summer before college. I went through a Christian music only phase in college, so the ban would have been self-imposed after that.

right on, hope ya didn't take that the wrong way. It was more along the lines of wondering if you still honored your parents wishes even though you were an adult. Plus I was confused by us being the same age and applying that to the release of number of the beast and not piece of mind.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
Feel old yet?
The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 7088c060ada0c4f2ffa2a110.L._AA300_

Iron Maiden's The Number Of The Beast was released 30 years ago today on March 22, 1982.

Happy Anniversary!

Do you remember when you first got this album? Tell us about it!

The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Iron-Maiden-The-Number-Of-The-311906The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Lpbeast2

I have the original on vinyl!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Here in Germany it was released on the 29th. I think i will celebreate it, i have a Number of the Beast T-Shirt, a Number of the Beast Poster on my Wall and own the album three times. It will be running the whole day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:38 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Here in Germany it was released on the 29th. I think i will celebreate it, i have a Number of the Beast T-Shirt, a Number of the Beast Poster on my Wall and own the album three times. It will be running the whole day Very Happy

headbanger
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:23 am

I can't remember if Number or Piece was my first Bruce release, but once I did have this I wore the grooves clean off. Great album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!   The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Number of the Beast - Happy 30th Anniversary!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2