Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Scott 30 years ago today.

Go down 
+13
Getizzyback
Schbopo
QuothTheRaven
akeldama
James B.
metalken
Wargod
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
brontotex
Dave the Boss
manny
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Empty
PostSubject: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 am

Bon Scott 30 years ago today. BonScott

30 years ago today Bon Scott died at the age of 33, my favorite rock singer of all time, I hope you are rocking in peace, thanks for the music Bon.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:51 am

RIP. One of the best rock vocalists ever.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 am

I remember that day. We were like, "AC/DC is done. There is no way they can go on without Bon."
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:05 am

To mark the occassion AC/DC announced that the classic concert film 'Let There Be Rock " will be released some time this year, here is a little info from Eddie ' I once shook Bon Scott's hand' Trunk:

AC/DC are going to be releasing a special DVD of the classic concert film Let There Be Rock. I was asked to do some commentary for the DVD which I will shoot next month.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:18 am

R.I.P. ...I was only 9 years old when Bon passed away and was not really into music yet, so I didn't learn of AC/DC or Bon till a few years later. He still frickin rules though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:10 am

Wow. 30 years!?! I will definately raise a pint tonight in his honor. Hopefully, Hell ain't a bad place to be, right Bon?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:50 am

R.I.P Bon,
All AC/DC albums with Bon are classics...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Wow 30 years already. I remember when he died and then came Back In Black who would have thought that album would be monumental and still is today. RIP Bon yer missed!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm

In his hometown of Perth, the town made a statue in his honor a few years ago, here is a picture of the statue of their favorite son:

Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Mvc-014f1
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Wow. Time sure flies. I was 14 when this news made it's way through the school halls amongst my chums. An incredible lyricist, they still put a smile on my face all these years along.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Bon Scott 30 years ago today. 163436 AC/DC lost it's heart and soul

Anbody else ever notice how the lyrics and vocal melodies on Back In Black sound more like the albums before it than those afterwards ?
Bon Scott 30 years ago today. 669562

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:19 pm

To the one who made bagpipes in rock cool. We miss you.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Rock In Peace Bon.

My mum always reminds me of having to sleep with the Highway To Hell vinyl when I was a toddler.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:38 pm

My favorite era of AC/DC. Long live the Bon-fire!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:22 pm

One of the most unique and most talented vocalists of all time. Hope you're rockin in paradise, Mr. Scott!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Back in the day, I was the biggest Bon Scott fan around, I knew every song better than anything else in life! Every Awl! in every song....shoulda told me it was a long way to the top if you wanna be an AC/DC fan.

R.I.P. to one of the biggest idols I have ever known.

P.S. my wife told me she heard on the radio that after shave lotion was found in Bon's stomach during his autopsy.....wonder if that one's true? Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Confused
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:46 pm

He's not dead. He will live forever through his music.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Bon Scott's 30th Anniversary Memorial   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Bon Scott 30 years ago today. %3Ca%20href=Bon Scott 30 years ago today. AC-DC-Bon-Scott-Wallpaper" border="0" />A very sad tragic day indeed he was one of the greatest frontmen to ever walk the earth not only he had a great voice but he had a strong charismic character that will be missed. I actually attended a Bon Scott tribute gig that night and it was one of the most memorable local gigs I ever been to you even had a bag pipes player who played during the long way to the top song. Anyway it's a pity he died before I had the chance to see him live I am actually going to see AC/DC live tommorow which I am looking forward to.
Well he's probably in heaven now jamming with his new lineup Cliff Burton on bass, Criss Oliva on lead guitar, John Bonham on drums and Randy Rhoads on rythmn guitar that would be a very interesting lineup if it ever happened and an awesome one!! Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Lol

"Bon was one of the nicest guys I ever met. I really mean that. If he was an sfincter I'd tell you. Im not just saying that because the poor guy is dead. He really was a lovely guy...It was a great loss..."

Ozzy Osbourne
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Back in the day, I was the biggest Bon Scott fan around, I knew every song better than anything else in life! Every Awl! in every song....shoulda told me it was a long way to the top if you wanna be an AC/DC fan.

R.I.P. to one of the biggest idols I have ever known.

P.S. my wife told me she heard on the radio that after shave lotion was found in Bon's stomach during his autopsy.....wonder if that one's true? Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Confused

No that story is not true, where the story might have steamed from is, during a previous tour Bon drank shaving lotion which resulted to a hospital trip.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:34 pm

from Eddie Trunk:

/24/10: Forgot to mention that this past Monday I was interviewed for the DVD issue of AC/DC's classic 1979 concert film Let There Be Rock. I kind of let the cat out of the bag a few months ago when I mentioned here that this was coming out finally on DVD, but I was never told it was a secret, so kind of broke the news without intending to. But the folks putting it out were cool and happy for the publicity this blog generated about it. I can now tell you that the release of the DVD has been pushed back to probably January 2011. They are doing some clean ups to the audio and video and making it as high def as the source will allow. I can tell you I have an advance and it looks and sounds great, but they are making it even better! This is just a phenomenal document of the last tour with Bon and it's so cool to have been asked to contribute to it. I will be interviewed about the impact of the band as one of the DVDs bonus features. So it's real and it's coming, just going to need to wait a bit longer, but trust me it will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm

James B. wrote:
Bon Scott 30 years ago today. 163436
Anbody else ever notice how the lyrics and vocal melodies on Back In Black sound more like the albums before it than those afterwards ?
Bon Scott 30 years ago today. 669562
Pretty sure that's because Bon helped write the entire album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Another rumor I was always told...

Did Scott drown in his own vomit? As in passed out drunk face up?

Is this true?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:14 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Is this true?

Sadly that is almost true, Bon Scott did die due to chocking to death on his vomit after an all night drinking spree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm

It's amazing how many were inspired by his music. We should do a list of groups that have the AC/DC sound in them.

Airbourne
Krokus
Tokyo Rose
Bonafide
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 pm

manny wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Is this true?

Sadly that is almost true, Bon Scott did die due to chocking to death on his vomit after an all night drinking spree.

Such a freak accident too when you think about all the times he'd probably did the exact same thing many, many nights and the worst thing to happen to him was a nasty hang-over.

PostSubject: Re: Bon Scott 30 years ago today.   Bon Scott 30 years ago today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Scott 30 years ago today.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next