Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert

Go down 
+14
stepcousin
Dark Horseman
ShadowAngel
Ostap JG
Citanul
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Troublezone
thejokeriv
James B.
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
manny
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 am

Very true, Aerosmith's discography sales rose up to some silly ass level, and the band never even performed on the show!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 am

Maye Adam can put on some KISS make-up in a few years....Gene and Paul are not getting any younger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 am

manny wrote:
Very true, Aerosmith's discography sales rose up to some silly ass level, and the band never even performed on the show!!!

That or death. Whitney's sales spiked after her death was reported. Never quite understood that logic. "Hmmmm, I never listed to Whitney Houston before, but now that she's dead, I'm gonna buy all her albums." Weird how that works.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

That or death. Whitney's sales spiked after her death was reported. Never quite understood that logic. "Hmmmm, I never listed to Whitney Houston before, but now that she's dead, I'm gonna buy all her albums." Weird how that works.

This happened a lot. When I worked at the CD store, we used to have to up our stock when an artist died...people suddenly became Ray Charles & Johnny Cash fans...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:02 pm

manny wrote:

And it's easier now, the people watching AI don't even have to get off their couch to go to a real record store, just pull up itunes or amazon music and then get the music
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm sure Queen will make a pile of money, but I don't need to respect them for how they are going about it.

Just what the world needs, a reason for American Idol to become even more credible in the eyes of the great moronic masses.

I give up.

Wake me up when American Idol starts requiring contestants to play an instrument as well.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm sure Queen will make a pile of money, but I don't need to respect them for how they are going about it.

Just what the world needs, a reason for American Idol to become even more credible in the eyes of the great moronic masses.

I give up.

Wake me up when American Idol starts requiring contestants to play an instrument as well.

You are in for a loooooooooooong nap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 pm

manny wrote:

You are in for a loooooooooooong nap

Yes I am, covered with dirt.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:27 pm

S.D. wrote:

I hear ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:44 pm

I don't think this collaboration will go any further than The Doors (feat Ian Astbury) or INXS with that unknown dude a while back...

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I don't think this collaboration will go any further than The Doors (feat Ian Astbury) thing. Or INXS with that unknown dude a while back...

The Inxs guy was talented, but a bit of a douche bag, Queen are going to have the same problem the Doors have, fans do not to accept The Doors without Jim Morrison ( Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 337331 ) and Queen without Freddie Mercury
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Whatever you think of Lambert, the guy can sing, and will be a better fit for the Queen sound than Paul Rodgers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Having impressive vocal chops and being a great singer are two very different things.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I remember going to Tower Records the day after Kurt Cobain died, they had put up a huge display of Nirvana CDs, videos, shirts, etc. at the front of the store and were playing Nirvana over the speakers... I couldn't help myself, I asked the guy behind the counter "So how's the Kurt Is Dead Sale doing?" and he laughed and said "It's the American way, man."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I remember going to Tower Records the day after Kurt Cobain died, they had put up a huge display of Nirvana CDs, videos, shirts, etc. at the front of the store and were playing Nirvana over the speakers... I couldn't help myself, I asked the guy behind the counter "So how's the Kurt Is Dead Sale doing?" and he laughed and said "It's the American way, man."

Meanwhile, next door at the hunting supply store, shotguns were on sale
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
This happened a lot. When I worked at the CD store, we used to have to up our stock when an artist died...people suddenly became Ray Charles & Johnny Cash fans...

That was actually how I got into Queen. My dad bought Queen's Greatest Hits in the wake of Freddie Mercury's death - one listen to the album and I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
Ostap JG
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:59 am

I guess they took Lambert only because he's ga-hey, like Freddie was lol
Back to top Go down
http://johngaltrocks.com/
Ostap JG
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ostap JG

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:01 am

Btw, I had a chance to see Queen with Rogers live. He was awful, really awful
Back to top Go down
http://johngaltrocks.com/
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 am

Ostap JG wrote:

Mercury was bisexual not ga-hey Wink

Never heard of that Lambert guy, from his looks he would fit better with Culture Club, but if he has a good voice. Queen died with Mercury, everything they did later was more of a joke and Cosmo's Rocks was a very lame album. They should've ended it after Mercury's dead or after Deacon retired at the latest. They could've gone on as "May & Taylor" or something like that instead of tarnishing Queen's legacy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:08 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Ostap JG wrote:

Mercury was bisexual not ga-hey Wink

Never heard of that Lambert guy, from his looks he would fit better with Culture Club, but if he has a good voice. Queen died with Mercury, everything they did later was more of a joke and Cosmo's Rocks was a very lame album. They should've ended it after Mercury's dead or after Deacon retired at the latest. They could've gone on as "May & Taylor" or something like that instead of tarnishing Queen's legacy.

May and Taylor sounds like the name of a fat ladies dept store and wouldn't have attracted as many fat bottoms to spend a night at the opera, as would the name brand Queen.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 pm

lol! Why did I laugh at that?
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:03 pm

I make it a point to stay away from anything to do with American Idol.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:56 am

stepcousin wrote:
I make it a point to stay away from anything to do with American Idol.

You're a better person for it.

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:01 pm

WOW Brian, Way to stain Fredie and QUEEN's legacy,

I can't stand that guy, he sounds annoying, he looks annoying..

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:46 am

manny wrote:
Looks like Queen has made it official, Adam Lambert will be Queen's new vocalist, whether this arrangement will go beyond the one gig, a handful of gigs , etc is unknown, but Brian May and Roger Taylor have expressed a desire to tour and record new material so we will see:

Adam Lambert has confirmed through Twitter that he will be performing with Queen this summer. The American Idol star will join guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor on July 7th, as Queen headlines the second day of the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park in England.

Lambert has long expressed his admiration for Queen and their late frontman, Freddie Mercury. For the American Idol finals in 2009, Lambert was backed onstage by the band’s surviving members for "We Are the Champions." In November 2011, Lambert performed several songs with them at the MTV European Music Awards in Belfast.

Although reports came out earlier this month that Lambert would be performing again with Queen, the singer and his label, Hollywood Records, would not confirm any guest appearances until today.

"As many suspected, I can finally confirm: I have been invited by Queen to sing one very special concert! Sonisphere at Knebworth July 7th!" Lambert tweeted this afternoon. "Sorry to be coy about the details the past few weeks, but I made a promise to keep it under wraps as best I could. Gonna be a surreal night!"

=gag=

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next