Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert

Go down 
+14
stepcousin
Dark Horseman
ShadowAngel
Ostap JG
Citanul
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Troublezone
thejokeriv
James B.
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
manny
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Empty
PostSubject: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:55 am

Looks like Queen has made it official, Adam Lambert will be Queen's new vocalist, whether this arrangement will go beyond the one gig, a handful of gigs , etc is unknown, but Brian May and Roger Taylor have expressed a desire to tour and record new material so we will see:

Adam Lambert has confirmed through Twitter that he will be performing with Queen this summer. The American Idol star will join guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor on July 7th, as Queen headlines the second day of the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park in England.

Lambert has long expressed his admiration for Queen and their late frontman, Freddie Mercury. For the American Idol finals in 2009, Lambert was backed onstage by the band’s surviving members for "We Are the Champions." In November 2011, Lambert performed several songs with them at the MTV European Music Awards in Belfast.

Although reports came out earlier this month that Lambert would be performing again with Queen, the singer and his label, Hollywood Records, would not confirm any guest appearances until today.

"As many suspected, I can finally confirm: I have been invited by Queen to sing one very special concert! Sonisphere at Knebworth July 7th!" Lambert tweeted this afternoon. "Sorry to be coy about the details the past few weeks, but I made a promise to keep it under wraps as best I could. Gonna be a surreal night!"

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:13 am

Sounds like a one-off to me...but if it's received well, who knows.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:25 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Sounds like a one-off to me...but if it's received well, who knows.

It sounds that way but I think if the response is positive, then I think you see more shows, if not a full scale tour
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:44 am

Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Tumblr_lhhqerp0sb1qc6tkoo1_250

Meh, good for them I guess. If the fans want this, who am I to object?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 am

Pass. Just let it go, Brian.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Pass. Just let it go, Brian.

Why should he? They're his songs too...he wants to play them...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:25 am

Because I said so.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Because I said so.

Oh...OK. When he calls me back later I'll pass it along.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12764

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am

I wish Brian May would show an interest in writing new songs instaed of just playing the old ones.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 am

Queen is such an iconic band, and its hard to imagine them with anyone upfront but Freddie Mercury, I enjoyed the short lived Paul Rodgers version of the band, but it was not the same.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:37 am

manny wrote:
Queen is such an iconic band, and its hard to imagine them with anyone upfront but Freddie Mercury, I enjoyed the short lived Paul Rodgers version of the band, but it was not the same.

I saw that as just old friends jamming in the garage for fun, but different Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 am

James B. wrote:
I wish Brian May would show an interest in writing new songs instaed of just playing the old ones.

Sad thing is, most people would not care...they just want to hear what they already know.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:

Sad thing is, most people would not care...they just want to hear what they already know.

Sadly that is true, but I would still want them to record new material if they do all decide that Adam Lambert is indeed the man for the job, they did with Paul Rodgers, why not with Lambert?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:

Sadly that is true, but I would still want them to record new material if they do all decide that Adam Lambert is indeed the man for the job, they did with Paul Rodgers, why not with Lambert?

Well, yeah...I'm just saying that aside from the very few, it will go largely ignored.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 am

manny wrote:

Agreed! But now Brian is using an American Karaoke wannabe as singer? Come on, Queen could do better than that!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
James B. wrote:

Sad but true - I;d like to hear new music....
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Agreed! But now Brian is using an American Karaoke wannabe as singer? Come on, Queen could do better than that!!!!!!!

Regardless of how he came to be known, Adam Lambert can frikkin' SING...would you feel better if they had open auditions and picked him from that?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 am

Quote :
Well, yeah...I'm just saying that aside from the very few, it will go largely ignored.

Eh, who knows. The Lambert kid might pull in some younger fans in the American Idol demographic. Paul Rodgers, despite his history, was not going to get a younger audience interested in Queen no matter how good or bad that album might have been. Lambert might be able to inject some fresh blood into an old band.

Warm 'em up with a tour doing the classics and take that feedback and decide if it's worth it to record a new album. I'm sure Brian has tons of music just sitting around. Why not do the VH thing and dust off some old demos with a fresh spit-shine?

As being no more than a casual fan of Queen myself, I don't imagine that I'd be interested in this project in any form, but it's something that could work if it's marketed properly.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Eh, who knows. The Lambert kid might pull in some younger fans in the American Idol demographic. Paul Rodgers, despite his history, was not going to get a younger audience interested in Queen no matter how good or bad that album might have been. Lambert might be able to inject some fresh blood into an old band.

Warm 'em up with a tour doing the classics and take that feedback and decide if it's worth it to record a new album. I'm sure Brian has tons of music just sitting around. Why not do the VH thing and dust off some old demos with a fresh spit-shine?

As being no more than a casual fan of Queen myself, I don't imagine that I'd be interested in this project in any form, but it's something that could work if it's marketed properly.

The thing about that is that he's not exactly burning up the charts himself. After the show, people pretty much stopped paying attention to him. He put out an album that flopped despite his supposed popularity...which plays into my viewpoint that people who watch AI are not music fans...they are TV fans.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 am

I'll take your word on that. But if they get the right PR push, it could work. Get them booked to perform on AI, have them play next year's Super Bowl. Give them enough TV exposure and the rest will follow.

Like I said, it's all about the marketing of things. People will eat a turd sandwich if it's constantly crammed down their throats and told it's awesome.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 am

Adam Lambert's album flopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the dude made the cover of Rolling Stone? What happened to all those young gals yelling his name during his stint on American Idol!!!!

I assuming he released a pop album, maybe the midas touch of American Idol is gone, I just can't imagine that many people vote for you to win and then they do not buy your album? What gives!!! Was the album a steaming pile of turd?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 am

Just think.......Queen can do a reality show to find a new singer.........Call it Fairy-Okie

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 am

manny wrote:
Adam Lambert's album flopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the dude made the cover of Rolling Stone? What happened to all those young gals yelling his name during his stint on American Idol!!!!

I stand corrected...his 2009 album went platinum...I'm talking out of my ass...carry on.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 am

James B. wrote:
Just think.......Queen can do a reality show to find a new singer.........Call it Fairy-Okie

Laughing very hard

Rock Star:Queen

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:25 am

In a semi-related topic, I'm starting to get it why Hollywood and the music industry is now just recycling all the old ideas. There is a whole new generation coming up that stuff like this is all new to them. My son just turned 4, but he's becoming interested in the whole Star Wars franchise because of the commericials and toys he sees. As terrible as we might think the Star Wars prequels are, to him and his fresh eyes, they look completely AWESOME!! Marketing success!!

Music's the same way. As bad of an idea that we, the older generation, might think it is to replace Freddy or somehow soil the band's past reputation, to a young kid who has no idea who or what Queen is supposed to be, the idea of Adam Lambert might seem totally cool to them and get them interested in Queen's music and more importantly, their back catalog.

As crappy as we think American Idol is, one appearance on there is all it takes. Watch the surge on itunes the next day from the previous night's performance. Whether it makes an impact on a person and they become a fan or they delete the files in a week, the sale has been made.

PostSubject: Re: Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert   Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen new vocalist Adam Lambert
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next