Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabaton - Carolus Rex

Go down 
+14
Andy
Speedmetalfreak
stormspell
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
CRIMSONMASK
7thSaviour
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
BearOnUnicycle
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I don't get how they record a whole album and just about the whole band is gone before its even released and get rid of the keys to boot. surprised

it is kinda strange. I wonder why someone would work on an album and then leave?

Don't forget that the 2 remaining "original" members were doing all of the writing. So maybe those who left didn't even record at all for the new album...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I was thinking that too but wasn't there video of them recording the album?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 am

New song \'arry \'eadbanger

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:36 pm

One more....

I have to say that for those who understands swedish, this is a fantastic idea. It fits the songs and the stories perfectly....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:30 pm

i like it.

BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:59 am

It is an English version. And through comments it seems that the lyrics is different. And this fact bugs me (
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:45 am

headbanger good offering
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:22 pm

My first listen and I dig it! I'll be doing some on my show!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Just got my copy today and its awesome. I thought I got the english/swedish version but it was just the english also came with a shirt which is nice too. I figure when am I really going to listen to the swedish version anyway.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:16 pm

The Swedish version of this is album of the year so far for me. Only played the english version once but much prefer the swedish.
Any others have thoughts about this album? How would you rate it compared to the rest of their catalouge?
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Currently I have only English version, but I just have to find a Swedish one.
As for ratings, its Sabaton Very Happy
I enjoyed them progressing musically (instrumentally). Maybe it is the freshness of the release, but so far its my 2nd favorite from them, after "Attero Dominatus" which was the introduction album.
"Gott Mitt Uns", "A Lifetime of War", "1648", "The Carolean's Prayer", "Carolus Rex", "Killing Ground" and "Poltava" are the songs I liked the most.

EDIT: seems I listed a full album there lol
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Olafsto wrote:
The Swedish version of this is album of the year so far for me. Only played the english version once but much prefer the swedish.
Any others have thoughts about this album? How would you rate it compared to the rest of their catalouge?

Whats different about the Swedish version? The music is still the same right? Its just sung in Swedish?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm

I think the US version has a bonus track not on the 2 CD version. I am kinda torn which one to get to be honest.

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Olafsto wrote:

Whats different about the Swedish version? The music is still the same right? Its just sung in Swedish?

The music is the same yes. Hard to explain why i like one better than the other, it just sounds like the songs and lyrics flows better on the swedish. It also feels to me that the songs are sung with more emotion but it could be that it sounds new and different and that`s why i like it better.
Of course i like the songs in english to...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 pm

oh ok. I'm happy with the english version. The bonus track "In the Army Now" is cool. I wanted th 2cd version cause I liked the cover but I got it from century media with a t shirt so just decided to grab it.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 pm

oh ok. I'm happy with the english version. The bonus track "In the Army Now" is cool. I wanted th 2cd version cause I liked the cover but I got it from century media with a t shirt so just decided to grab it.

that is what i am leaning towards.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Just ordered this. English version with the bonus track.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Despite my spending freeze, I ordered the shirt/CD combo. I am a weak man. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Despite my spending freeze, I ordered the shirt/CD combo. I am a weak man. don\'t know

Oh shut up about your spending freeze. You just bought like 50 cds the other day. Your worse than me and I have a job. lol! Razz

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Oh shut up about your spending freeze. You just bought like 50 cds the other day. Your worse than me and I have a job. lol! Razz

Actually I do have a job and my spending freeze was because of those CDs (I haven't even gotten 1/4 of the way through them). Wink I just wanted to get the t-shirt combo in case it's gone by the time I ended the freeze. This time though I mean to last the rest of the month without buying more, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Actually I do have a job and my spending freeze was because of those CDs (I haven't even gotten 1/4 of the way through them). Wink I just wanted to get the t-shirt combo in case it's gone by the time I ended the freeze. This time though I mean to last the rest of the month without buying more, but we'll see.

haha you should just start a change jar and let it build up for a few months and spend that money. I do that ad lately I've been using my discover card that gives you cash back. Once I get enough I use that its hooked up right into amazon. That way I'm not spending my own money. I say the same things too like you but we both know there wont be any buying freeze lol

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 pm

IDK, last time I got a butt load of CDs, I lasted almost a whole month without buying anymore (if I can go a week without buying CDs, that's self restraint).
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:16 am

Olafsto wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

The music is the same yes. Hard to explain why i like one better than the other, it just sounds like the songs and lyrics flows better on the swedish. It also feels to me that the songs are sung with more emotion but it could be that it sounds new and different and that`s why i like it better.
Of course i like the songs in english to...

I've only heard the tracks posted on youtube, but the Swedish versions is definitely sung with more emotions.
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:14 am

Excellent album. The Carolean's Prayer and the title track are becoming 2 of my fave Sabaton tracks.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm not on a freeze but i'm waiting until I find it cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabaton - Carolus Rex
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next