Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabaton - Carolus Rex

Go down 
+14
Andy
Speedmetalfreak
stormspell
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
CRIMSONMASK
7thSaviour
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
BearOnUnicycle
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Sabaton - Carolus Rex Empty
PostSubject: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 am

The band that makes me happy reveals some details on the new album: artwork, tracklist and some additional info at Headquarters
All songs are based on Sweden history. And I can't understand whether they sing in English or Swedish. (Almost sure it was English). Here you can listen to a new track playing in the background:

Nothing has changed, and in their case - it's good. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am

Ill get this - one of my favorite bands.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am

I read that this new album is sung entirely in Swedish.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:29 am

exact33 wrote:
Ill get this - one of my favorite bands.
I will buy the album without hearing any samples first, if necessary! Sabaton rules! headbanger
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:54 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I heard that too, will make it kind of hard to sing along. Nonetheless, first day buy for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Is this guy their new vocalist?

Sabaton - Carolus Rex Swedish_poser

"HMMMM BORK BORK BORK BORK!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Well that clip is sung entirely in Joakim`s funny english accent Laughing
So i doubt it will be in swedish, they are going for a breakthrough in america with this album, would be strange to sing in their native language for the first time then??
They are even having the relese party in LA....
Falconer did their last album in swedish, i love it but i think it scares off a lot of potential english speaking buyers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

So i doubt it will be in swedish, they are going for a breakthrough in america with this album, would be strange to sing in their native language for the first time then??
Falconer did their last album in swedish, i love it but i think it scares off a lot of potential english speaking buyers.

i liked the last Falconer album. The vocals sounded great, even if i didnt understand them.
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:13 pm

That would be a huge mistake to have all the vocals in swedish. I hope thats not true.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

i liked the last Falconer album. The vocals sounded great, even if i didnt understand them.
Amen! Of course, I'd like to hear English versions of those songs sometime, too!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:17 pm

IMO, The Art Of War was their big breakout album worldwide. I saw them on that tour and they rocked out bigtime!
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

LOL, the Swedish chef popped into my mind when I heard this, too.

That & Steve Carell meeting the Swiss dude in "Dinner for Schmucks"
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Amen! Of course, I'd like to hear English versions of those songs sometime, too!

Saw some posters on their facebook site talking about them recording the songs in both swedish and english. Either way i guess it`s good marketing to have us all wondering and discussing it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm

I'll check it out but I hope they do versions in both languages.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:42 pm

I listened to Sabaton last night on Spotify...couldn't get into it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:44 pm

I have their PRIMO VICTORIA album and dig it but what little I've heard beyond that hasn't grabbed me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I listened to a few songs off of Coat Of Arms...

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:03 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

LOL, the Swedish chef popped into my mind when I heard this, too.

That & Steve Carell meeting the Swiss dude in "Dinner for Schmucks"

thats the swedish black metal chef!!
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 pm

The album will be available in both Swedish and English for those that are interested...

Quote :
"Carolus Rex", the new album from Swedish metallers SABATON, will be released in Europe on May 25 via Nuclear Blast Records. The lyrics for the CD, which will be made available in both English and Swedish, deal with the Swedish Empire (referring to the Kingdom of Sweden between 1561 and 1721).

Commented the band: "The topics of the songs will remain quite the same and deals with the Swedish Empire, from its rise to its fall.

"'Carolus Rex' will be available for purchase on single Swedish CD (Sweden only) and single English CD plus a limited edition which features a double CD with both language versions. The double CD will also feature a different cover artwork.

"The release is set for Europe and in North America the last week in May, but already now you can pre-order the album.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have their PRIMO VICTORIA album and dig it but what little I've heard beyond that hasn't grabbed me.

I think Art Of War is their pinnacle to this point. I made the mistake of picking up their double live disc last year. I say mistake because the banter with the audience is in Swedish. I guess that's to be expected since the recording was made on some cruise ship but that's not a good way to appeal to an international audience IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
That would be a huge mistake to have all the vocals in swedish. I hope thats not true.

If the singer is more comfortable in their native tongue I don't have a problem with it. I don't pay attention to lyrics, so the vocal performance is the only thing that matters to me. I don't have to understand the language to "feel it".
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The album will be available in both Swedish and English for those that are interested...

Quote :
"Carolus Rex", the new album from Swedish metallers SABATON, will be released in Europe on May 25 via Nuclear Blast Records. The lyrics for the CD, which will be made available in both English and Swedish, deal with the Swedish Empire (referring to the Kingdom of Sweden between 1561 and 1721).

Commented the band: "The topics of the songs will remain quite the same and deals with the Swedish Empire, from its rise to its fall.

"'Carolus Rex' will be available for purchase on single Swedish CD (Sweden only) and single English CD plus a limited edition which features a double CD with both language versions. The double CD will also feature a different cover artwork.

"The release is set for Europe and in North America the last week in May, but already now you can pre-order the album.

nice. Ill have to see how much the 2 cd version is.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 pm

I think i've worked out to Attero more then any other album in the last year. Useless fact I know you all were wondering about.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 am

I really tried to like this band since some of my friends run their fan-club, but the vocals are annoying the hell out of me. Maybe if sung in Swedish they'd be more bearable, I'll have to check.

I ended up at an after party on one of their concerts and they were nice chaps to hang out with - although some of them got drunk beyond belief - typical Swedes, haha Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:06 am

I like what i heard. Need to invest more into these guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabaton - Carolus Rex
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next