Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabaton - Carolus Rex

Go down 
+14
Andy
Speedmetalfreak
stormspell
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
CRIMSONMASK
7thSaviour
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
BearOnUnicycle
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:23 am

The new album has been recorded in both Swedish and English. There will be a 2CD digipack available in the US that includes both versions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:41 am

Good to know.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Andy wrote:
The new album has been recorded in both Swedish and English. There will be a 2CD digipack available in the US that includes both versions.

Really? Where did you hear this?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Yep he's right I read that yesturday on blabbermouth. It will have 2 different covers.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:50 pm

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170699

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Looks similair to this post...that I made yesterday.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The album will be available in both Swedish and English for those that are interested...

Quote :
"Carolus Rex", the new album from Swedish metallers SABATON, will be released in Europe on May 25 via Nuclear Blast Records. The lyrics for the CD, which will be made available in both English and Swedish, deal with the Swedish Empire (referring to the Kingdom of Sweden between 1561 and 1721).

Commented the band: "The topics of the songs will remain quite the same and deals with the Swedish Empire, from its rise to its fall.

"'Carolus Rex' will be available for purchase on single Swedish CD (Sweden only) and single English CD plus a limited edition which features a double CD with both language versions. The double CD will also feature a different cover artwork.

"The release is set for Europe and in North America the last week in May, but already now you can pre-order the album.

Wankers. Razz

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Actually you didn't make that post you just copy and pasted it from somewhere else.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Actually you didn't make that post you just copy and pasted it from somewhere else.

Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 19976

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Wankers? You called?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:08 pm

According to the swedish press Sabaton are splitting up....
http://www.dt.se/nojekultur/1.4554687-nu-spricker-sabaton
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Here it is in english for those of us that don't speak that wacky boola-boola language of Olafsto's....

Quote :
Swedish-language newspaper Dalarnas Tidningar (DT) from SABATON's hometown of Falun published a report earlier today (Monday, March 26) claiming that the band's current incarnation will go its separate ways, with vocalist Joakim Brodén and bassist Pär Sundström planning to continue the group with new musicians.

According to Dalarnas Tidningar, it is not presently clear what caused SABATON's most recent lineup to implode, and Brodén, who is also the band's main songwriter, was tight-lipped about possible personnel changes when reached by the newspaper. "I will not comment on it," he said.

When pressed further to confirm or deny the rumors, Brodén said, "I can't say anything as long as the tape recorder is on. But what I can say is that it's sad that such rumors are being spread."

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 pm

yea just read about that....weird

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 pm

That sucks! But rom all accounts it seems that the singer & bassist are the driving force in the band, so hopefully they can get some hired guns by the time the tour hits Charlotte.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Honestly I've never thought of Sabaton as a super-talented instrumentalists. So till Joakim is in the band I don't care much.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:41 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Honestly I've never thought of Sabaton as a super-talented instrumentalists. So till Joakim is in the band I don't care much.

Besides, his vocals are the driving force moreso than the music for me. There are other bands that do this kind of music but the vocals set Sabaton apart.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:

Besides, his vocals are the driving force moreso than the music for me. There are other bands that do this kind of music but the vocals set Sabaton apart.

same for me. It wouldnt be sabaton with him.

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I have their PRIMO VICTORIA album and dig it but what little I've heard beyond that hasn't grabbed me.

I think Art Of War is their pinnacle to this point. I made the mistake of picking up their double live disc last year. I say mistake because the banter with the audience is in Swedish. I guess that's to be expected since the recording was made on some cruise ship but that's not a good way to appeal to an international audience IMO.

Ha you are not missing much. I would have thought that a band focusing so much on history and lyrics would have someting interesting to talk about between songs.
Seeing them live proved that to be not so. It was all Joacim linking every song title to sex and what`s in his pants Rolling Eyes
You can imagine what the rise of evil meant..... I can tolerate a lot of silly talk about sex and partying between songs but it just seemed a bit odd and out of place in their set...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Looks like the rumors were true. shame..

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 pm

nuts... at least the vocals are staying...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:45 am

Looks like they won't miss a beat...

Quote :
Swedish metallers SABATON — who last week confirmed the departure of guitarists Oskar Montelius and Rikard Sundén, drummer Daniel Mulback and keyboardist Daniel Mÿhr — have unveiled their new touring lineup. It is as follows:

Joakim Brodén - Vocals
Pär Sundström - Bass
Chris Rörland (NOCTURNAL RITES) - Guitar
Thobbe Englund (WINTERLONG, RAUBTIER) - Guitar
Robban Bäck (BALTIMOORE, PREY) - Drums

Commented the band: "At the moment we are still searching for a keyboard player. Until we have found the right guy we will still have Daniel Myhr with us, in digital form, since he has specially recorded all keyboards for us to use on tour. Therefore, we are not cancelling any shows at all — the war machine of SABATON will go on just as planned!"

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Oh man, canned keys? Not tr00.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm

I don't get how they record a whole album and just about the whole band is gone before its even released and get rid of the keys to boot. surprised

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

It's metal, I've stopped being amazed at what happens with bands.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Actually I just read that they are still searching for a keyboard player. Until they find one they are playing the old keyboard parts through tape.

I wonder what really happened here. I was watching a video of them talking about the new players and they seemed kind of weird about the whole thing. I wonder if it was the record label that wanted them to get other guys.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I don't get how they record a whole album and just about the whole band is gone before its even released and get rid of the keys to boot. surprised

it is kinda strange. I wonder why someone would work on an album and then leave?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton - Carolus Rex   Sabaton - Carolus Rex - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabaton - Carolus Rex
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next