Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabaton: are they good?

Go down 
+4
Sword Of The Heretic
7thSaviour
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Sabaton: are they good? Empty
PostSubject: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:20 am

I've read contradictory reviews about this band. Being a speed/power metal fan, should i consider having them in my library? I don't want to fall on a dragonforce style of bands...Help!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 am

Sabaton is pretty cool, if you like bands like Grave Digger. They sound nothing like DragonForce (thank God). They're kinda thrashy power metal, big anthemic choruses, that sort of thing. Though truthfully I think if you hear one Sabaton album you've pretty much heard'em all.

I'd recommend the PRIMO VICTORIA CD myself but there are probably bigger fans of this band around here who can make better suggestions than me...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Sabaton is a GREAT metal band! The Art Of War is an awesome CD and was one of my top 2008 releases! 🤘 Can't wait to see these guys play live at PPUSA X!
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm checking out their myspace page, and I'm really digging it.Call me crazy, but the first couple of songs on the player almost give off a Savatage-Handful of Rain kinda of vibe.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Man, I love this band.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Man, I love this band.
I can't wait to see them play live in September!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Good Band, would recommended the first two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:13 pm

sam wrote:
I'd recommend the last 2. Sabaton: are they good? 438278
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:17 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
sam wrote:

okay...
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:37 pm

sam wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
sam wrote:

okay...
happy How would you compare their early works to their later works. I say there is a constant evolution between all their CDs, with each being a bit better than the previous.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:48 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
sam wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
sam wrote:

okay...
happy How would you compare their early works to their later works. I say there is a constant evolution between all their CDs, with each being a bit better than the previous.

I've always gravitated toward the earlier ones, primo victoria will always be my favorite because it had a great raw quality to it, and since attero dominatus was a natural extensions of it I've find those two to be the best. But they are one of those bands where one can go with any disc and not go wrong.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:19 am

I was a little dissapointed with their last one. Not bad, but not but not a step up compared to Attero Dominatus IMO.
I personally think they are starting to sound a bit samey, and their war theme is getting a bit old.
They are a good live band though, lot of energy and humor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:52 am

Can't go wrong with Sabaton on any cd. They are one of the few bands that put out good cd after cd.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:17 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Can't go wrong with Sabaton on any cd. They are one of the few bands that put out good cd after cd.

Wargod50
I agree that they are getting better with each successive album. The next one should be spectacular! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:11 pm

I agree with Olafsto. Attero was a great album and The Art Of War didn't really step up. Not bad at all but I wish they'd have left out the spoken parts, really disrupts the flow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton: are they good?   Sabaton: are they good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabaton: are they good?
Page 1 of 1