Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beach Boys Reunion

Go down 
+7
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
manny
GrandNational
11 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:03 am

For what it's worth, with new album coming: http://www.thebeachboys.com/reunion/index.html

During my HS years, I listened to a lot of their music, not so much these days
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:10 am

I always like the Beach Boys but this is something that I don't think would interest me. Good for them I suppose.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:18 am

The Beach Boys singles and 'Pet Sounds' album are brilliant, other then 'Pet Sounds' their albums were filled with too much filler material.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 am

You're probably right. I really know only their hits but I think those are all great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:50 am

Meh. Zzzzzzzzzz.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:54 am

They are alright. I know my mom will be thrilled there is a new one coming. Earliest memory I have of hearing any music is my mom playing the Beach Boys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:10 am

Bill Ward is drumming for them.

My dad seemed quite interested in this news, but it does little for me. They were a big influence on me gowing up and I dig Pet Sounds and the other hits.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bill Ward is drumming for them.

I heard Sharon Osbourne is now the Beach Boy's manager......
Back to top Go down

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:50 pm

I admire them and Pet Sounds helped jump start the modern production style (along with Sgt. Peppers), but I have never felt the need to own any of their albums.

They were just too damn happy for me. Wink
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 2:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
I admire them and Pet Sounds helped jump start the modern production style (along with Sgt. Peppers), but I have never felt the need to own any of their albums.

They were just too damn happy for me. Wink

Pet Sounds and the compilation Endless Summer are the only albums I have and will ever need, and Shawn you probably appreciate the introspective moments and moods on PS.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:13 pm

My father had lotsa 45s that he gave to me as a teen and there was quite a few Beach Boys records in there. I dug the harmonies. It wasn't until I was much older when I'd read how influential Pet Sounds was to so many musicians that I got a copy for myself.

It deserves every bit of praise it gets. From a production stand point, it's right up there with Sgt. Pepper. All the layers and arrangements Brian Wilson was doing in the mid-to-late 60's is mind blowing. No wonder the guy went off the rails later in life.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Upon release, Pet Sounds was Paul McCartney's favorite album and Sgt. Pepper was Brian Wilson's favorite album.

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

It deserves every bit of praise it gets. From a production stand point, it's right up there with Sgt. Pepper. All the layers and arrangements Brian Wilson was doing in the mid-to-late 60's is mind blowing. No wonder the guy went off the rails later in life.

It's a masterpiece of production, especially considering the equipment available at the time (8-track multi-track machines had just been introduced).

Brian Wilson has stated that The Beatles "Rubber Soul" was the inspiration behind Pet Sounds, because it was a complete cohesive "album" instead of just a collection of singles like most pop recordings of that era. (Jazz albums had been conceptual since Brubeck's Time Out and Miles' Kind Of Blue in 1959).

Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm

I love the 60's Beach Boys but not much since and this reunion doesnt interest me in the least.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:50 am

Not a big fan... but they have some great melodies.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:18 am

stepcousin wrote:
I love the 60's Beach Boys but not much since and this reunion doesnt interest me in the least.
Seems like a last opportunity to do something meaningful for the surviving members who are all probably 70 at this point. Most likely money motivated.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 am

i know it's not popular to say, but i love this band. my mom was a huge fan, so growing up i was subjected to & thereby influenced by them. they are infectious & make me remember some very fond times.

btw: what isn't "money motivated" these days?

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 am

mc666 wrote:
i know it's not popular to say, but i love this band. my mom was a huge fan, so growing up i was subjected to & thereby influenced by them. they are infectious & make me remember some very fond times.

btw: what isn't "money motivated" these days?

True Monty, it's all about the dollar dollar bills, even if you've sold 100 million albums.

I read a similar story to yours about Sean Lennon having grown up listening to it all the time as a young boy that he felt he needed to listen to one BB album at least once a day to get by because it made him happy. I still love listening to Endless Summer whenever I'm in the mood.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:15 am

I just stumbled upon this today by accident, it came out a week ago:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beach Boys Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beach Boys Reunion   Beach Boys Reunion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beach Boys Reunion
Page 1 of 1