Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Go down 
+21
DallasBlack
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
oldschooldoom
brokentulsa
Psychotron
DevZor
Wurthless
Tur-Thalion
chewie
powermacho
James B.
thejokeriv
manny
Eyesore
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:40 pm

S.D. wrote:
chewie wrote:
I would have never thought that they would recycle stuff, but the beginning has a bit of a "Bastille Day" feel to it.

It's similar but not exact. I'm sure there is some "nudge-nudge-wink-wink" homage involved in that. There are some elements of By-Tor in there as well, but again just close enough to make that connection with the listener.

It was funny because I started air drumming the Bastille Day parts and was surprised how close it was. Yeah, I hear the By-Tor sounding part, as well. I keep listening to it so I must like it Laughing Homagey fresh it is!
and for the fourth time, I am really enjoying this tune!
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 am

I am loving the previews. This new album has me re-inspired about RUSH. It's been a LONG LONG time since Moving Pictures!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Looks like Amazon is selling a bunch of the Rush remasters for under $5. I have Amazon Prime, so that's a sweet deal. Ah, it sucks. Musically, I know I would love these guys, but I just don't know if I can dig what's-her-nuts's vocals. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:00 pm

I could get Hold Your Fire, Power Windows, Caress of Steel, Rush, Hemispheres, Fly By Night, Permanent Waves, and A Farewell to Kings for just under $40. Worth it?
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I could get Hold Your Fire, Power Windows, Caress of Steel, Rush, Hemispheres, Fly By Night, Permanent Waves, and A Farewell to Kings for just under $40. Worth it?

Yeah, but I don't think Hold Your Fire or Power Windows are very essential. The others are all fantastic though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Definitely.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Looks like Amazon is selling a bunch of the Rush remasters for under $5. I have Amazon Prime, so that's a sweet deal. Ah, it sucks. Musically, I know I would love these guys, but I just don't know if I can dig what's-her-nuts's vocals. Haha.

I felt the same way but one day I just said screw it and bought their cds. You actually get used to it and find out the later their albums get the less of a girl he sounds like.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:51 pm

and if your not sure check this song out. Its one of my favorites of theirs off of Counterparts

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I felt the same way but one day I just said screw it and bought their cds. You actually get used to it and find out the later their albums get the less of a girl he sounds like.

I jsut recently got all the Rush albums after years of despising the vocals.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Hopefully I'm going to see them live in October. Maybe a live performance will make me a fan. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:02 pm

New post from Kevin J. Anderson about the Clockwork Angels novel: http://kjablog.com/?p=2808

The cover is, basically, the album cover.

Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Clockwork_Angels1-215x300
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:52 am

So in just a few days my Rush collection went from one album to this:

Rush - 2112
Rush - A Farewell To Kings
Rush - Caravan (Digital EP)
Rush - Caress Of Steel
Rush - Fly By Night
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Rush - Hemispheres
Rush - Hold Your Fire
Rush - Permanent Waves
Rush - Power Windows
Rush - Rush
Rush - Signals

Here's hoping Lee's vocals sit well with me. If twelve albums aren't enough incentive for me to give him a chance, I'll never dig these cats. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:23 am

Eyesore wrote:

Here's hoping Lee's vocals sit well with me. If twelve albums aren't enough incentive for me to give him a chance, I'll never dig these cats. Haha.

What you'll most likely discover is that his 70s vocals are the most intense, lots of banshee wailing. Then in 1980 on Permanent Waves he calmed down and started exploring the lower registers of his voice more. Since the late 90s his voice has continued to deepen and Rush now tunes a whole-step lower to compensate, thus allowing him to sing the earlier material without straining his voice.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:27 am

For those who might have missed it, here's "Headlong Flight" from the upcoming Clockwork Angels.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:35 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

What you'll most likely discover is that his 70s vocals are the most intense, lots of banshee wailing. Then in 1980 on Permanent Waves he calmed down and started exploring the lower registers of his voice more. Since the late 90s his voice has continued to deepen and Rush now tunes a whole-step lower to compensate, thus allowing him to sing the earlier material without straining his voice.
I'm pretty sure I'll grow to appreciate the band and his vocals. The hits used to annoy me when I'd hear them on the radio, but they stopped doing so long ago. I mean, I couldn't even listen to anything remotely "proggy" in the 90s, so I've come a long way.

Now, if I had to choose one style of music to listen to for the rest of my life, I'd probably pick prog.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So in just a few days my Rush collection went from one album to this:

Rush - 2112
Rush - A Farewell To Kings
Rush - Caravan (Digital EP)
Rush - Caress Of Steel
Rush - Fly By Night
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Rush - Hemispheres
Rush - Hold Your Fire
Rush - Permanent Waves
Rush - Power Windows
Rush - Rush
Rush - Signals

Nice! I was the same way. Did you check out the video that I posted earlier for No Bodies Hero? Great song.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:28 pm

S.D. wrote:
For those who might have missed it, here's "Headlong Flight" from the upcoming Clockwork Angels.

i enjoy that song a lot. Looking forward to this album.

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 am

It's a fantastic album from beginning to end. Rush proves they are just as vibrant and vital as ever. No lineup changes in 38 years is a definite plus.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:20 am

I am enjoying this. It is a good listen. I think the band sounds really good together.

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 am

I have some of the remasters too, the first 4 albums and Exit (and I have many more, just not remastered). I really dig the first album. Almost has a Zeppelin sound to it.

In the mid 80's I didn;t really care for the keyboard era but I liked several songs (Big Money, Force Ten) but since then I have really started going back and giving that stuff a listen. A Show Of Hands is an excellent disc, one I bought when it came out but didn't really give it a listen until recently.

Still don't have CWA but will get it soon...
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 am

Just got this yesterday and went to input it into to my RYM page.... None of my Rush albums were on my page!!!! I thought that I put them in..... Does RYM drop your info like that every once in a while?????

Had to input Rabin and The Gathering, as well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:10 pm

chewie wrote:
Just got this yesterday and went to input it into to my RYM page.... None of my Rush albums were on my page!!!! I thought that I put them in..... Does RYM drop your info like that every once in a while?????

Not in my experience, it has not
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
and if your not sure check this song out. Its one of my favorites of theirs off of Counterparts

I just picked up the Counterparts album at a yard sale two Saturdays ago... and thus far this one is my favorite track on it. Excellent song with great lyrics/message.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:21 pm

manny wrote:
chewie wrote:

Not in my experience, it has not

I must have thought that I had input them without actually doing it surprised duh!

Oh well, it's fixed now.... Like my Saturn!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 pm

I've been on an old Rush kick lately, grabbing up some of the older albums remastered. I have not heard any new Rush past Vapor Trails...

Counterparts, IMO, was a fantastic album and I see this one getting compared to it...so I may have to check it out.

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush - Clockwork Angels
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next