Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Go down 
+21
DallasBlack
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
oldschooldoom
brokentulsa
Psychotron
DevZor
Wurthless
Tur-Thalion
chewie
powermacho
James B.
thejokeriv
manny
Eyesore
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:56 pm

I just bought tickets for thier gig in Edmonton on the 30th. I'm so freaking stoked!!! This is my wife and I's first rush gig. It's going to be really rad seeing them with a string section.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 am

Rush changed up the set list a bit last night and ended with most of 2112 (the song, not the whole album) The place went NUTS with they pulled out 2112 last night!!!!:

Set One
Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force Ten
Grand Designs
Middletown Dreams
(First time played live since 1986)
Territories
The Analog Kid
The Pass
(First time played live since 2002)
Where's My Thing?
(with drum solo)
Far Cry

Set Two, with string section
Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Seven Cities of Gold
(Live debut)
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
(with Drum Solo)
Halo Effect
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Dreamline
(First time played live since 2008)
Red Sector A
(Preceded by electronic kit drum solo)
YYZ
Working Man

Encore:
Tom Sawyer
2112 Part I: Overture
2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx
2112 Part VII: Grand Finale
(Contains extended guitar solo, similar to late 70's versions but more extended)
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Middletown Dreams!!!! That has turned into my favorite song from Power Windows. Gotta see this tour..............
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShHiJBaKYGYBqMq8O9YsE-wNY3UWoN6hVfzIV7CA7ShEHwKegXtw

Holy FLURKING SHNIIT!!!

I really hope they do 2112 on the 30th, and for that matter include seven cities in the setlist too. The more I think about this show the more stoked i get
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Here's a picture of the current setlist, so far there is a "Night A" and "Night B" which they are alternating. They are indicating that the setlist will continue to change throughout the tour.

Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 11lpvfs

The encore songs (covered up in photo) are Tom Sawyer & The Spirit of Radio.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:12 pm

I was very happy to get night B! I heard several Rush fans after the show say "If I went to the first show only, I would have been pissed when I saw they played 2112 the next night!!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:23 pm

One of the guys from the Hoffman board PM'd me that there is also a "Night C" and "Night D" setlist.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 pm

S.D. wrote:
One of the guys from the Hoffman board PM'd me that there is also a "Night C" and "Night D" setlist.

Interesting......
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 am

Last night's set list:

Set One
Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force Ten
Grand Designs
The Body Electric
Territories
The Analog Kid
Bravado
Where's My Thing?
(with Drum Solo)
Far Cry
Set Two, with string section
Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
(with Drum Solo)
Halo Effect
(with extended Alex intro)
Seven Cities of Gold
The Garden
Manhattan Project
The Percussor
(drum solo)
Red Sector A
YYZ
Working Man
(no strings, with Reggae intro)
Encore:
Tom Sawyer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:13 pm

So that set appears to be the Night A first half with the Night B second half...one other change is swapping out Wish Them Well for Seven Cities of Gold.

Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:09 pm

The musical memory these 3 guys must have is amazing. Playing 3 hours worth of material as complex and tight as Rush's and still swapping stuff out every night. I've got nothing but respect an awe for the amount of effort that rush puts into it's tours.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:22 pm

As we often say, the growers are best and i'm really coming around to Clockwork. Seven Cities of Gold is a monster and Headlong Flight is so cool, a long song that doesn't feel like it drags.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Edmonton AB - September 30

Set One:

Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force Ten
Grand Designs
Middletown Dreams
Territories
The Analog Kid
The Pass
Where's My Thing?
Far Cry

Set Two, with string section:
Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Halo Effect
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Dreamline
Drum Solo
Red Sector A
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

What a show! Geddy was in fine form last night. To me he sounded as good or better than on the r30 DVD. I really like the setlist of this tour, even the 80's heavy first set. As S.D mentioned earlier those songs are monstrous in a live setting. Alex's guitars really roar and cut through the synths nicely, especially the shreddfest he put on in analog kid. Geddy's bass growls like a caged beast shaking everything and everyone in the arena to the core. It highlights how good the songs really are and makes me wish that the studio version's production had this much balls.

The centerpiece of the concert was obviously the CA material. The stage production quality jumped up drastically in the second set with lavish color schemes, song specific animation, tons of pyro, about a dozen digital screens on individual independent robotic arms flying over the band, and of course the string ensemble. It was as visually stimulating as it was sonically and is gonna look absolutely sick for the inevitable DVD/blur ray release. However none of that would matter if the material sucked live. The clockwork material was great though, and heavy as hell especially the anarchist and carnies. Those were tracks I had never been able to connect with till last night. The string ensemble was a nice touch to the show and a very well executed one at that. They added a great dynamic without being overblown, the mix was perfect. After such a solid chunk of new music and 80's gems however, it was really nice that they ended the show with some good old rush rockers. The crowd went insane when the opening notes of spirit of the radio crackled to life (couldn't resist), and got even crazier for tom Sawyer and 2112.

Great show. Rush kicks ass!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Clockwork Angels   Rush - Clockwork Angels - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush - Clockwork Angels
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5