Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Reale has died

Go down 
+39
speed101
nevermore
exact33
brokentulsa
mr.electric39
MoonChild
Nico
bassman
Wargod
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
snooloui
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
kmorg
James B.
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
Shawn Of Fire
Grimmo
krokus
Alex Dee Rokket
Doomdance
Leatherface
adrian
Speedmetalfreak
Olafsto
metalken
mc666
arachnoplasma
Witchfinder
Wurthless
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
manny
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Nico wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Thin Lizzy SHOULDN'T be active with that name, but at least there are a couple of original members involved. RIOT was Mark (at least post 1984) so the name should be retired.

Agreed 100%, Mark was the only one who played on every album.

The only way I see that the band's legacy will be carried on is if the current / past members create a project of their own and mix original material with Riot songs live. I think this would be an interesting move forward, I would like to see Tony Moore start up his own metal band / project or whatever.

Tony Moore had that other project with the other guitarist from RIOT and it didn't seem to get much traction. It was self-released and rarely discussed AFAIK.

Continuing under the name RIOT (although wrong in a way) would give them the most exposure to their music, which will probably still be very good. Did Mark even write much of the new highly-acclaimed album? I don't think he played guitar on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:05 pm

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I have never known what happened to the rest of the original band; Guy Sperenza, Sandy Slavin, Rick Ventura and Kip Leming.

Guy Sperenza is deceased

That's a shame, both him and Rhett Forrester...and now Mark. Think I'll jam Narita this evening in tribute.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Did Mark even write much of the new highly-acclaimed album? I don't think he played guitar on it.

All songs composed by "Riot" (so the whole band would get equal rights).

In one of the press releases Mark is mentioned as the "lead guitarist" in the band, so I'm assuming he does play on the album?

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

I thought Tony in a recent interview said the other guitarist ended up recording all the tracks. Not sure if he wrote them all. I was surprised when I read it. Maybe it was because Mark has been ill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:34 pm

I found that interview with Tony Moore, here's the section about Mark's involvement.

So is it Mike playing both guitars on this and Mark just producing, or is it Mark and Mike together with Mike doing most of the writing?

Mark was involved in the writing end up-front on a bunch of the tunes. He played some rhythm guitars and played a couple of solos, but he pretty much let Mike play on this one because Mike just has tremendous energy and a really good relationship with our engineer, Bruno Ravel from Danger Danger, who mixed and mastered the whole album. He had this incredible task of just taking all these audio files from five different studios and turning them into an album that sounded coherent, and he did an amazing job. But yeah, it’s all Mike on this. He wrote and arranged, I’d say, 90 percent of the guitars and played about 90 percent of them. It’s really his moment, and it was great just listening to that stuff develop.

So it appears that Mark wasn't involved except as producer/writer.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Check this out. i am glad to hear that Mark was a Christian.

http://www.markreale.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:57 pm

RIP

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:42 pm

R.I.P. Mark
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:20 pm

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 am

S.D. wrote:
James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I have never known what happened to the rest of the original band; Guy Sperenza, Sandy Slavin, Rick Ventura and Kip Leming.

Guy Sperenza is deceased

That's a shame, both him and Rhett Forrester...and now Mark. Think I'll jam Narita this evening in tribute.

Guy Speranza became a believer after leaving RIOT. He died several years ago, the cause eludes me at the moment... There was a tribute site to him and I remember seeing that his daughter wrote Guy was very quiet about his time in Riot....

By the way the 1983 EP with Rhett Forester is absolutely essential... those live versions are STELLAR! I haven't heard it in years and would love to find it on vinyl as I don't think its ever been released on CD...

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:01 am

RIP, Mark Reale!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:02 am

I was spinning the privilege of power on my way to work this morning.

Can't believe mark is gone.

His riffs will be missed...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Ressurrecting this thread much like the members of Riot are doing...

Quote :
Riot have confirmed they’re gearing up to release their first album since the death of founding guitarist Mark Reale.

But they may change their name in recognition of the fact that he was the last original member of the band.

Reale passed away in 2012, aged 56, after a lifelong battle with Crohn’s Disease. He was rushed to hospital in January after suffering a brain haemorrhage, and died two weeks later without regaining consciousness.

The band say in a brief statement: “Thank you fans, for your support. Thank you, Mark. This is for you, and dedicated to you. Shine on!”

Last year Riot released Immortal Soul, the final record to feature input from Reale, although he’d been too ill to record lead guitar parts and only contributed rhythm tracks to four songs.

In September the band rejected claims they were “cashing in” on his death, saying: “Mark was our brother. He lived with us and we took care of him up until his passing, and we are still deeply saddened by the death of a family member.

“Mark and his estate’s wishes were for us to go on, and most people want us to. We play songs we wrote or co-wrote, and play a few of Mark’s songs in tribute to him.”

Their next album, currently untitled, will be released through SPV/Steamhammer.

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:10 pm

I hope they do change the name, Mark had carried on that band singlehandedly since the late 80s and I think it deserves to rest along with him.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:29 pm

It could probably turn something of a new leaf for them commercially speaking to have a more memorable name too, in any case. :p If they do it right and the record is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Reale has died
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3