Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Reale has died

Go down 
+39
speed101
nevermore
exact33
brokentulsa
mr.electric39
MoonChild
Nico
bassman
Wargod
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
snooloui
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
kmorg
James B.
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
Shawn Of Fire
Grimmo
krokus
Alex Dee Rokket
Doomdance
Leatherface
adrian
Speedmetalfreak
Olafsto
metalken
mc666
arachnoplasma
Witchfinder
Wurthless
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
manny
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:23 pm

May he rest in peace. His memory will live long and LOUD through his music.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Wow very sad to hear.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Very sad. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:44 pm

I first heard this band in 1983 or 84, with the 'Born In America' album, and at the time it did nothing for me, and soon got rid of it.

Several years later I see 'Fire Down Under' used really cheap and decide to take a chance, and this time it clicked with me. I have no idea why, maybe it was a better album, I have no idea but I became a fan of the band thanks to this album.

I was amazed when I saw how extensive their discography was, and that Reale kept the band going for so many decades.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:00 pm

No

A real shame, RIP.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Bummer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:10 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:17 pm

RIP Mark!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 pm

You left us too soon, Mark. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:28 pm

RIP!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:04 am

I am so bummed out.... I knew he was in a coma, but man.....

First heard Riot in 1982.... One of my favs... FIRE DOWN UNDER....

RIP Mark....

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:12 am

I got into riot when i purchased thundersteel from a local virgin store many years ago.

I fell in love with their music and started purchasing their albums, although they are so hard to acquire, and quite expensive.

Riot is absolutely one of the best american metal bands of all time.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 am

Speedmetalfreak wrote:
Riot is absolutely one of the best american metal bands of all time.
I agree with that statement
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:05 am

manny wrote:
I first heard this band in 1983 or 84, with the 'Born In America' album, and at the time it did nothing for me, and soon got rid of it.

Several years later I see 'Fire Down Under' used really cheap and decide to take a chance, and this time it clicked with me. I have no idea why, maybe it was a better album, I have no idea but I became a fan of the band thanks to this album.

I was amazed when I saw how extensive their discography was, and that Reale kept the band going for so many decades.

Funny how sometimes fans have total different stories.
I also heard Riot for the first time around 84 and Born In America was the album. I loved it and played the LP to pieces. It is still my favorite Riot album, no matter how much praise Thundersteel gets Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Should RIOT continue without Mark?

Under the name RIOT or maybe under a new name, like THUNDERSTEEL?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Since he was the founder and only original member, I think it would be too weird to continue with the name Riot. Let that rest with him.

But under a different name in tribute? Sure, why not?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Under a new name, yes, but the name Riot should be layed to rest.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

THUNDERSTEEL would be the perfect name for today`s lineup if they continue.
But who knows, Thin Lizzy is still active without Phil Lynott so anything is possible. I hope they lay Riot to rest and i`m glad they got together and made Immortal Soul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Thin Lizzy SHOULDN'T be active with that name, but at least there are a couple of original members involved. RIOT was Mark (at least post 1984) so the name should be retired.

The first time I heard Riot was the 1983 EP "Riot Live" (not the Riot Live released on CD), as soon as I heard the live version of Loanshark (about 1000 times better than the studio version) I was a an instant convert.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
Thin Lizzy SHOULDN'T be active with that name, but at least there are a couple of original members involved. RIOT was Mark (at least post 1984) so the name should be retired.

Agreed 100%, Mark was the only one who played on every album.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Nico wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Agreed 100%, Mark was the only one who played on every album.

The only way I see that the band's legacy will be carried on is if the current / past members create a project of their own and mix original material with Riot songs live. I think this would be an interesting move forward, I would like to see Tony Moore start up his own metal band / project or whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:53 pm

I have never known what happened to the rest of the original band; Guy Sperenza, Sandy Slavin, Rick Ventura and Kip Leming.

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:56 pm

According to wikipedia, Guy Speranza worked as an exterminator until his death.

Sorry, I know this is not funny because the poor guy is no longer with us, however I can't help but laugh because it reminds me of how George Costanza befriends the exterminator to prove to his boss that he is not racist and has black friends. lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
I have never known what happened to the rest of the original band; Guy Sperenza, Sandy Slavin, Rick Ventura and Kip Leming.

Mark Sperenza is deceased

what a dumb @$$ Laughing very hard it's Guy

Last edited by James B. on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Reale has died   Mark Reale has died - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Reale has died
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next