Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Empty
PostSubject: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm

I can't believe i haven't heard this band before...

They sound like a cross between Trouble, Goatsnake and The Obsessed (my favorites!)

Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) 11840

http://www.myspace.com/lascruces
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:48 am

Not too shabby. I could listen to this.

Here's a review I found...
http://www.stonerrock.com/forums2/allposts.asp?summary=1&Forum=ap809241559&ID=48958&access=2&status=1&StartAt=0&subject=Las+Cruces+-+Dusk

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:14 am

Didn't I pimp these guys a long time ago? Either way, they're brilliant! Very different for a doom band, namely because of the vocals. All their albums are worth getting, though only Ringmaster is easy to find. S.O.L. and The Lowest End are very rare, unless you're willing to pay a good chunk of change.

Mark Zammeron (no longer in the band) also once sang in Blood of the Sun (http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/blood-of-the-sun-t5777.htm), another awesome band, though not doomy at all.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:21 am

Quote :
though only Ringmaster is easy to find.

Amazon has that one fairly cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Ringmaster-Las-Cruces/dp/B00000IJIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1269616791&sr=1-1-spell

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:30 am

Yup. Cheap copies on eBay, too.

I should also point out that Dusk is easy to find as well. Buy it from Brainticket Records (http://www.brainticket.com), John Perez of Solitude Aeturnus's label. I figure buying from him helps ensure future Solitude albums. So it's a good cause. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 pm

I ordered the "Ringmaster" album from amazon yesterday at a reasonable $8. The next copy shot up to about $60!

Eyesore is correct about the other albums being hard to find, or too expensive. (i wanted their latest one "dusk")...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Quote :
Didn't I pimp these guys a long time ago?

Don't know... i used the search engine and nothing came up about them.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:29 am

I have Ringmaster and Dusk. Awesome band. They owe a lot of their sound to early Trouble and The Obsessed, definitely, but there's nothing wrong with that. So far Dusk is one of my favorites records released this year.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:12 pm

I got Dusk not too long ago. Great stuff! I have Ringmaster and The Lowest End and like both of those alot.
Back to top Go down
Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Mark Zamarron   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm

I have known Mark since High school. We were in a band together. He played bass I was the drummer for Wicked Angel.
This picture was taken at a Helstar reunion show 4 days after 9/11/2001. Las Cruces opened up for Helstar.Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) RMRF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)   Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Las Cruces (Texas Doom Metal)
Page 1 of 1