Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Instrumental Albums

Go down 
+25
Eyesore
akeldama
metalhead777
Smindas
chewie
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
snooloui
Cognitive Dissonance
Louder
BearOnUnicycle
mc666
rawr!
adrian
bassman
thejokeriv
Wurthless
Stender
EmoElmo
exact33
manny
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:47 am

Mastery - Lethal Legacy
Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
Joe Satriani - Flying in a Blue Dream
Jason Becker - Perpetual Burn
Tony Fredianelli - Breakneck Speed

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 am

S.D. wrote:
Instrumental Albums - Page 3 51E3kYFGH0L._SL500_AA300_
w/ Tommy Bolin.

This is about the only thing I like instrumental!

Instrumental Albums - Page 3 51mKU76Ll6L._SL500_AA300_
w/ Allan Holdsworth

Instrumental Albums - Page 3 413F5B9ETTL._SL500_AA300_
Killer post-Hendrix fusion freakout from John McLaughlin with Larry Young & Buddy Miles.

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 am

I've never been a fan of much intsrumental albums.

Wargod
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Wargod wrote:
I've never been a fan of much intsrumental albums.

Wargod

Most instrumental rock albums suck. You have to venture into other styles to really understand the importance of instrumental music.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Mastery - Lethal Legacy
Steve Vai - Passion & Warfare
Anything by Pelican and Karma To Burn
Agalloch - The White

I've been wanting to check out Russian Circles but haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 am

akeldama wrote:
Since I dig Jazz there are many so I'll just post the Rock/Metal ones that are getting a lot of spins from me over the last few years:

Instrumental Albums - Page 3 416gRSOIE8L._SL500_AA300_Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Z
Instrumental Albums - Page 3 41Jz0XjoVyL._SL500_AA280_

I almost pulled the trigger on their debut album last week, but I stopped at the last minute. I like what I hear, but I question how much airplay I would give it. I don't mind a good instrumental now & then, but I don't listen to them that often, unless I mix 'em in with some vocal tracks.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Y'know, now that I think about it I don't believe I own any instrumental albums....

Six (!) years after posting this, I now can say I own ONE instrumental album... Steve Vai's "Passion & Warfare," which was a recent thrift shop find.

It made for a nice soundtrack to this morning's commute, for whatever that's worth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 6:25 pm

I've got a ton of instrumental albums. Mostly electronic and psychedelia but some metal guitar albums by Chris Poland, Marty Friedman, Hizaki, Syu and Akira Takasaki

I just love how Hizaki plays
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
No love for Paul Gilbert's instrumental albums?

Throw in a few Satch albums and Chris Poland's Return to Metropolis and that about covers it for me. Jeff Loomis' ain't bad either.

Oh and Zappa's Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar. Killer.

In the 5+ years since I posted here, I've probably added 25-30 jazz albums that are all strictly instrumental. Adding vocals to the brilliant Wes Montgomery or Jimmy Smith's instrumentation would just ruin them for me, akin to putting ketchup on steak.

PostSubject: Re: Instrumental Albums   Instrumental Albums - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Instrumental Albums
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3