Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helstar

Go down 
+20
Zdan
Troublezone
Gilbert
sam
skullsmasher
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
James B.
zombiewalkin
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
krokus
ultmetal
Thrasher73
SAHB Healer
KissinMaiden
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
kmorg
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Quote :
Judas Priest and Dio on speed.
Shocked

Entire studio discography now a "Want"!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:21 am

Their later (and better IMHO) stuff had a lot of Malmsteen influence.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:20 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Shocked

Yes, great band. Priest and Dio on speed is a good description! 🤘

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:02 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Shocked

Didja check out the samples I linked for ya? Unfortunately, those two albums are only available from CDBaby as MP3 downloads, not actual CDs, at the moment. Sad

But if you like the Seven Witches stuff that Rivera sang on, I think it'll pretty much be a no-brainer that you'll dig Helstar. For that matter, pretty much any band with Rivera on vox (Destiny's End, Killing Machine, Distant Thunder) is worth a listen IMO.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 am

HELSTAR are by far the best band Rivera has played in. Start with "Nosferatu".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
HELSTAR are by far the best band Rivera has played in. Start with "Nosferatu".

Yea, what he said. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:08 am

OK, but I'll feel dirty following the advice of not one but two wankers!! Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Shocked

Didja check out the samples I linked for ya? Unfortunately, those two albums are only available from CDBaby as MP3 downloads, not actual CDs, at the moment. Sad

But if you like the Seven Witches stuff that Rivera sang on, I think it'll pretty much be a no-brainer that you'll dig Helstar. For that matter, pretty much any band with Rivera on vox (Destiny's End, Killing Machine, Distant Thunder) is worth a listen IMO.

I find Rivera a little hit and miss. I like him ok in Seven Witches and the very little I've heard in Helstar, but the stuff on Destiny's End didn't do a thing for me. I really tried to like that one, but nothing clicked. But I'm really digging him in Killing Machine. I'm not sure if it's him or the material though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:52 am

New album update. The samples of new stuff sound pretty good. 🤘

Helstar - Page 3 King%20of%20hell_sml

HELSTAR: New Album Preview Available - Aug. 22, 2008
Texas metal legends HELSTAR have posted a three-song preview — "Pain Will Be Thy Name", "When Empires Fall", and "Wicked Disposition" — from their new CD, "The King of Hell", in the "Media" section of their official web site, http://www.helstar.com.

"The King of Hell" will be released in Europe on September 26, 2008 on AFM Records. The U.S. release will follow around three months later.

"The King of Hell" track listing:

01. The King of Hell
02. The Plague Called Man
03. Tormentor
04. When Empires Fall
05. Wicked Disposition
06. Caress of the Dead
07. Pain Will Be Thy Name
08. In My Darkness
09. The Garden of Temptation

HELSTAR will take part in the "Death To X-Mas Fest 2008" tour in December alongside SAMAEL, DISMEMBER, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM, ONSLAUGHT, HEATHEN, MONSTROSITY and HATCHET.

HELSTAR held an exclusive "The King of Hell" listening party for select south Texas fans on August 2 in Houston at the Jet Lounge. The band played the CD in its entirety and also rewarded attending fans with a variety of autographed memorabilia, including a distribution of the entire lyrics and credits for "The King of Hell".

Back to top Go down

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:04 am

Isn't that the devil from that old movie (I forget the name)? Anyway, samples sound great. Guitar tone sounds a bit weak.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
Isn't that the devil from that old movie (I forget the name)?

Legend

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:56 am

Those new tracks rip, BTW! Think I'll be picking this one up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Maybe one of the better sounding reunions in a long time! This is awesome!

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:04 pm

I just picked up Sins of the Past today ($15.99...ugh). I probably wouldn't have done it had I not heard these new tunes this morning. Thanks! You guys suck.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Sins of the Past was quite good too!

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 3:44 pm

kmorg wrote:
Sins of the Past was quite good too!
It's really good, actually. As much as I like the old albums, you just can't beat re-recording done this well. Great stuff. And the two new tracks on it are killer!
Back to top Go down

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:23 am

That new HELSTAR album is KILLER!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
Saw them in 87 (or was it 86?) on their "Remnants of War" tour with TT Quick headlining on their "Metal of Honor" tour. Great show, no one there to see it but a handful of diehards. After Helstar, the place cleared out and me and about 20 other people stayed to watch TT Quick. They ruled! After their set both bands came out and partied with us.

I was just listening to TT Quick's Metal of Honor last week I have it vinyl. I've never heard anyone else ever mention this band. I liked them.

I have a couple of Helstar albums but it has been so long since I have heard them I can't remember what they sound like. Now I need to pull them out and give them a spin
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:14 pm

sweet will have to give that new album a lookin at
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 pm

I'm hearing that whenever the new Helstar gets a US release (early '09 I believe?) it'll be a 2-CD set ... the extra disc will be the SINS OF THE PAST CD. That would definitely be worth havin'.

Back to top Go down

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm hearing that whenever the new Helstar gets a US release (early '09 I believe?) it'll be a 2-CD set ... the extra disc will be the SINS OF THE PAST CD. That would definitely be worth havin'.
I hate people. angry

By the way, I heard the new album a while back (a download and a delete) and it sounded awesome. The guitar tone was lacking, though, had that hollow recorded-in-a-dumpster sound.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I hate people. angry

By the way, I heard the new album a while back (a download and a delete) and it sounded awesome. The guitar tone was lacking, though, had that hollow recorded-in-a-dumpster sound.

not like the metallica recorded up your ass sound?
Back to top Go down

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 pm

sam wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I hate people. angry

What?
Back to top Go down

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:25 pm

The guitar on the new HELSTAR sounds good to me...
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
sam wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I hate people. angry

What?

where they shoved the microphone in the guitar then recorded? I have a theory that they also recorded lars farting put it through a distortion pedal and then buried it in the mix just to show how much hey don't give a Smurf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helstar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helstar   Helstar - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helstar
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next