Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Empty
PostSubject: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 6:04 pm

Has anyone here ever heard this? This was Dan Swano, and Mikael Åkerfeldt, Anders Nordin and Peter Lindgren (all three members of Opeth at the time). Just a one-off project in the late 90s that was basically done just to have fun. It came out pretty cool! Cheesy 80s metal/power metal. They released it as the Heavy Metal Machine EP, on cassette and vinyl. Swano's vocals here are ridiculous! Haha. The guy is an amazing vocalist, and though these upper range vocals come off a little bit on the spoofy side, it's clear that he could nail it if he wanted to (listen to his cover of Mercyful Fate's "Melissa" for a good example).

Tracklisting:

1. Heavy Metal Machine
2. Rock Tonite
3. Say Goodbye (To Love) *

* Cassette-only bonus track

This is a really hard EP to find. So check it out, though, if you're interested (it's definitely well worth it): http://download.yousendit.com/8336B51B469EFEDF

Last edited by on Wed May 23, 2007 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 7:16 pm

I've heard it, I used to have it downloaded and it ruled!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:04 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I've heard it, I used to have it downloaded and it ruled!
It totally kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 7:50 am

Now I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it lol. Dan Swano used to have a personal website where he put up all sorts of his demos and offshoots like this, which is where I got it from. He's taken it down though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 4:32 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
Now I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it lol. Dan Swano used to have a personal website where he put up all sorts of his demos and offshoots like this, which is where I got it from. He's taken it down though.
I have all that stuff. The dude has done tons and tons of music—folk to punk to rock to death metal.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 10:54 am

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Good stuff.
This expired a long time ago. scratch
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 2:09 pm

But I heard it way before I saw this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 1:16 am

If anyone ever wants these tracks, just send me a PM or bump this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 11:50 pm

Someone requested that I re-upload the EP. So it's up there in the first post. The link stays active for 7 days, I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 12:43 am

Link updated again (by request). It's good for 7 days.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:18 am

i would like to hear it i am a huge opeth fan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Has anyone here ever heard this? This was Dan Swano, and Mikael Åkerfeldt, Anders Nordin and Peter Lindgren (all three members of Opeth at the time). Just a one-off project in the late 90s that was basically done just to have fun. It came out pretty cool! Cheesy 80s metal/power metal. They released it as the Heavy Metal Machine EP, on cassette and vinyl. Swano's vocals here are ridiculous! Haha. The guy is an amazing vocalist, and though these upper range vocals come off a little bit on the spoofy side, it's clear that he could nail it if he wanted to (listen to his cover of Mercyful Fate's "Melissa" for a good example).

Tracklisting:

1. Heavy Metal Machine
2. Rock Tonite
3. Say Goodbye (To Love) *

* Cassette-only bonus track

This is a really hard EP to find. So check it out, though, if you're interested (it's definitely well worth it): http://download.yousendit.com/8336B51B469EFEDF

I have it on vinyl Very Happy! In it's original beauty! I paid 55 usd and it was never before played. It's just sold for 50 USD on eBay recently.

I heard that originally they recorded 4 songs, and the 4th one was titled : Guitars and Metal. On that official Swano page it was also mentioned (in the Steel article), but Swano wrote that it's nowhere to be found, so he uploaded only 3. Only two pressed into vinyl, the 3rd one was on the promotional tape, the 4th lost forever. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)   Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (Dan Swano and Opeth Members)
Page 1 of 1