Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's that time...Top of 2011!

Go down 
+42
Metal Misfit
SideShowDisaSter
nevermore
Rex
krokus
Required Fields
Spiner202
Witchfinder
BillRoxx
Shawn Of Fire
iamrockerfun
TheGreatDuck
Addy
rawr!
Gilbert
Andy
Fat Freddy
kmorg
tohostudios
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
BearOnUnicycle
scottmitchell74
Wurthless
Troublezone
Speedmetalfreak
firestarter
DrFizz28
Eyesore
GrandNational
metalhead777
mc666
Ben Grimm
adrian
exact33
Cognitive Dissonance
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
Lari
ultmetal
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

It's that time...Top of 2011! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time...Top of 2011!   It's that time...Top of 2011! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Forgot to explain my new method for figuring out my top list. Usually I get the first five in order and the rest kind of thrown together. This time I came up with this:

I had pieces of paper with all year's albums on them and drew them out of a hat in a tournament of sorts. To make uneven numbers work I did either a three way match or one-on-one. Iced Earth and Alice Cooper were in place as the top two so they were out. I went through the rest until one remained and I had third place. I then shuffled the remaining ones in the same way til fourth place was determined and so on until I had four left and was able to put them in an order of preference.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: It's that time...Top of 2011!   It's that time...Top of 2011! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:09 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Forgot to explain my new method for figuring out my top list. Usually I get the first five in order and the rest kind of thrown together. This time I came up with this:

I had pieces of paper with all year's albums on them and drew them out of a hat in a tournament of sorts. To make uneven numbers work I did either a three way match or one-on-one. Iced Earth and Alice Cooper were in place as the top two so they were out. I went through the rest until one remained and I had third place. I then shuffled the remaining ones in the same way til fourth place was determined and so on until I had four left and was able to put them in an order of preference.

My head hurt just reading through your method Razz
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: It's that time...Top of 2011!   It's that time...Top of 2011! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:09 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

LOL...what? Were they all too close to pick? If so, I know how you feel, I wanted to make about five albums #3.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: It's that time...Top of 2011!   It's that time...Top of 2011! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

LOL...what? Were they all too close to pick? If so, I know how you feel, I wanted to make about five albums #3.

Yes, a lot them were close. I really didn't hate any of the albums from 2011 and I always hate to rank something above the other when I like both. I wanted there to be an definate order so I gave them all a chance and the tournament/elimination method seemed best. I have an easier time ranking a low number of CDs than a large quantity (which is why I will never attempt a top 100 album list. It's easier to pick the best out of two or three which again works well with the tournament/elimination method.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time...Top of 2011!   It's that time...Top of 2011! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's that time...Top of 2011!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4