Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sepultura Chaos AD

Go down 
+19
manny
MetalFRO
Tur-Thalion
jstate
MoonChild
Eyesore
Leatherface
Speedmetalfreak
Troublezone
GrandNational
The_Jayroh
mc666
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
EmoElmo
Alex Dee Rokket
Temple of Blood
Stender
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 am

S.D. wrote:
I loved this record when it came out, probably played it more than any other that year. It's held up well, I jammed it awhile back and still love it.

Great songs, tight production, it seemed like a logical next step for them to take. I've never quite understood people that loved Arise but couldn't "get" this one.

+1
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 am

The drumming is really excellent on this album. Igor is underrated I think.

The production was also very good.

I'm not feeling some of the riffs. But this album does have some good stuff on it. It feels a bit more "punk" to me than their previous albums.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 6:12 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I'm not feeling some of the riffs. But this album does have some good stuff on it. It feels a bit more "punk" to me than their previous albums.

I think Igor is a beast of a drummer. He may not be the most technical in comparison to say death metal drummers (btw, I am in no way shape or form considering Sepultura as a dm act - don't misread that).

He has this really organic feel about the way he drums. He can be both aggressive and precise but also has this total hypnotic tribal feel to his technique.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I think Igor is a beast of a drummer. He may not be the most technical in comparison to say death metal drummers (btw, I am in no way shape or form considering Sepultura as a dm act - don't misread that).

He has this really organic feel about the way he drums. He can be both aggressive and precise but also has this total hypnotic tribal feel to his technique.

I think part of that is because he plays snare and toms on a set like a djembe..its weird. But yeah, he is a badass.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:49 pm

The_Jayroh wrote:
Stender wrote:
Ive said some hateful sh!t about this album in the past but last month I put it on with a completely subjective attitude and I loved it. The lyrics are spot on, and even though the riffs are pretty simple throughout, the songs still rip pretty hard for the most part. Only one I cant get into really is the hunt..some weird take on punk..ehh not for me, even though punk is like what im all about.

This song, Refuse/Resist, and Territory are the only songs on this album I truly like. The album is good, but I have a hard time listening from beginning to end. The third and fourth songs on this album bore me and it make me wanna listen to something else.

I will agree that the 3 songs you mention are the highlights of the album, but I think it's a good listen front to back. This was my exposure to the band via the syndicated "Metal Shop" show on the radio, and when I first heard "Refuse/Resist" I went NUTS, wondering who this band was. It wasn't until a while later that I actually bought the album and really dug it. Haven't got much into Sepultura otherwise, but this CD gets the occasional spin when I'm in the mood for it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:01 pm

You should check out Arise and Beneath the remains bro, they are incredible.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Stender wrote:

Listen to this young man! He speaketh the truth!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:23 pm

'Chaos AD' was the first Sepultura album I had ever heard and loved it from day one and still think its a kick ass album
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:43 pm

The Last 3 Soulfly Albums is worth checking out as well specially if you dig the "Chaos AD" sound
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:22 am

Isn't there a new soulfly in the making??
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Stender wrote:

What he said. Schizophrenia is also fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm pretty vocal about my distaste for groove metal.

That being said, Chaos AD is a smurfing great album and is one of only 2 groove record worth listening to. Refuse/Resist pretty much grabbed the bar, smashed every other band in the face with it, and reset it impossibly high.

However, I front a groove worship cover/parody band, mainly because I am a terrible singer and the music is easy to play, so even a bunch of college slobs can gig at campus events and bars. We have covered several songs from this album.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:54 pm

I know what "groove" actually is...and it's NOT Chaos A.D.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 1:06 pm

I always thought of Chaos AD as sepultura getting hipped to the 'hardcore' or metalcore sound that was becoming popular in the early mid 90s.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:12 pm

I always thought it was just Sepultura letting the tribal influences show.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:27 pm

I used to hate this album but I can tolerate it now. I couldn't understand why they dumbed their music down so much on this album when the 4 albums previous were AWESOME!

After this they went even further into the shitter and to me have gone on to be one of the worst bands in existence.

And no Max was NOT kicked out, he left when the band fired his wife as their manager.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
I know what "groove" actually is...and it's NOT Chaos A.D.

It has some Groove elements
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I used to hate this album but I can tolerate it now. I couldn't understand why they dumbed their music down so much on this album when the 4 albums previous were AWESOME!

After this they went even further into the shitter and to me have gone on to be one of the worst bands in existence.

And no Max was NOT kicked out, he left when the band fired his wife as their manager.

Sepultura did not make the most out of the Arise/Beneath sound, it was shortlived they could've made at Least one more Record that showcase these styles, the Grunge/Groove outbreak has something to do with it, well history was already written so....
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Love this record, never understood all the hate for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Lurideath wrote:

That's correct.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura Chaos AD   Sepultura Chaos AD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sepultura Chaos AD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2