Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box

Go down 
+6
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
DeathCult
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mlotek
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Empty
PostSubject: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:44 am

After the threads / posts of the Twisted Sister DVD's out there now, I had planned to buy the re-released Under The Blade, and others, though this might take care of all that I need. Smile

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164612

TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Set Due Next Month - Oct. 13, 2011
Eagle Vision has set a November 8 release date for "From The Bars To The Stars", a five-disc DVD box set from TWISTED SISTER featuring three decades of live performances. The set comes with instant fan collectibles for the crazed SMF TWISTED SISTER fan. Includes the exclusive "Twisted Xmas: Live in Las Vegas" DVD, along with four other TWISTED SISTER DVDs ("Live At Wacken", "Live At Reading", and "Double Live", which includes "North Stage '82", as well as "NY Steel '01"), this box set also includes souvenirs including a TWISTED SISTER Christmas ornament, official NY Steel backstage pass, classic 2 ½-inch TWISTED SISTER pin, and a reproduction of the first ever SMF fan club letter.

Disc 1

01. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
02. The Kids Are Back
03. Stay Hungry
04. Destroyer
05. Like A Knife In The Back
06. Under The Blade
07. You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll
08. The Fire Still Burns
09. Shoot 'Em Down
10. We're Not Gonna Take It
11. The Price
12. Burn In Hell
13. I Wanna Rock
14. S.M.F.

Disc 2

01. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
02. White Christmas
03. Shoot 'Em Down
04. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
05. You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll
06. Deck The Halls
07. The Price
08. Come All Ye Faithful
09. Burn In Hell
10. Silver Bells
11. I'll Be Home For Christmas
12. I Wanna Rock
13. 12 Days Of Christmas
14. We're Not Gonna Take It

Disc 3

02. Destroyer
03. Tear It Loose
04. Bad Boys (Of Rock 'N' Roll)
05. Lady's Boy
06. Leader Of The Pack
07. Under The Blade
08. Shoot 'Em Down
09. Sin After Sin
10. I'll Never Grow Up, Now
11. You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll
12. You Know I Cry
13. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
14. Rock 'N' Roll Saviors

Disc 4

02. The Kids Are Back
03. Stay Hungry
04. Burn In Hell
05. You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll
06. Under The Blade
07. Shoot 'Em Down
08. Come Back
09. You Know I Cry
10. I Wanna Rock
11. We're Not Gonna Take It
12. The Price
13. S.M.F.

Disc 5

02. Sin After Sin
03. Bad Boys (Of Rock 'N' Roll)
04. Destroyer
05. Shoot 'Em Down
06. Tear It Loose
07. Under The Blade
08. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll

For more information, go to this location.
http://www.eagle-rock.com/product/EV303869/From+the+Bars+to+the+Stars

TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Tsisterfrombars
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:54 am

5 more live performances? Getting to be a little overkill, isn't it?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:07 am

All these live releases must be selling well or the record company wouldn't keep putting them out.

I'd love to have this one. It'll be on my want list. headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 am

ultmetal wrote:
All these live releases must be selling well or the record company wouldn't keep putting them out.

I'd love to have this one. It'll be on my want list. TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box 11840

I guess so. I'm just not that big of a fan of live recordings or concert dvds. I couldn't see watching these over and over again. But hey, more power to ya if that's your thing. Enjoy. TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box 778825

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:40 am

I'd actually rather they were released on CD than DVD.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 am

Hmm interesting. I'll probably pick this up depending on the price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Will these guys EVER record a new studio album?! Jeez, all they've been doing the past ten years is re-recording old material, covering christmas songs and releasing box-sets - RECORD A FREAKIN' ALBUM, SISTERS!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Will these guys EVER record a new studio album?!

That's a whole lot of work to put into something that, in all honesty and probability, would end up disappointing more fans than it pleased and not sell at all. They'll sell more copies by catering to the fans who love the old material (box sets and live releases) and don't care about new material (which is most people).
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:00 pm

All these DVD's are already available as individual releases, aren't they?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:50 pm

kmorg wrote:

Yes, it's a record company repackaging with some extra goodies to entice the hardcore TS fans. You know you want it kmorg. Very Happy

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:46 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

That's a whole lot of work to put into something that, in all honesty and probability, would end up disappointing more fans than it pleased and not sell at all. They'll sell more copies by catering to the fans who love the old material (box sets and live releases) and don't care about new material (which is most people).

....what?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:51 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

....what?

Recording a studio album is a whole lot of work with very little, if any return. They're not recording a new album because they don't care about it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Yes, it's a record company repackaging with some extra goodies to entice the hardcore TS fans. You know you want it kmorg. Very Happy

lol! But I haven't finished the 3 TS DVD's I already own yet!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
....what?

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Recording a studio album is a whole lot of work with very little, if any return. They're not recording a new album because they don't care about it.

Twisted Sister is one of the rare 'old timer' bands that 'gets' it. I've seen numerous interviews w/Dee and Jay Jay French over the years where they're asked "how bout a new album?" and they always say the same thing - that there's no point. They know they're a nostalgia act, and they're comfortable with that. People come to see 'em play the "hits." The bulk of that audience isn't interested in new material and like Shawn sez, a new record would be a whole lot of time and trouble spent for what would probably be very little payoff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 pm

If they did put out a new album do u all think it would rock?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:55 am

speed101 wrote:
If they did put out a new album do u all think it would rock?

Possibly, but it wouldn't sell...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:50 am

yeah... kind of sad to hear that at first, but that doesn't mean they haven't jammed and created new tunes.
Would be cool if they did and some of a rehearsal "leaked", that might create a buzz for public demand, but like has been said, TS are a nostalgia act, like KISS. (I think it was said somewhere even KISS no longer get the sales they should get, even though they are a top billing concert tour band?)
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Thats sad if it rocked and wouldnt sell enough.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
....what?

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Twisted Sister is one of the rare 'old timer' bands that 'gets' it. I've seen numerous interviews w/Dee and Jay Jay French over the years where they're asked "how bout a new album?" and they always say the same thing - that there's no point. They know they're a nostalgia act, and they're comfortable with that. People come to see 'em play the "hits." The bulk of that audience isn't interested in new material and like Shawn sez, a new record would be a whole lot of time and trouble spent for what would probably be very little payoff.

I agree with your statement, and I agree with Dee's reasoning, that being said I don't care I wish they would record a new album, it might not go platinum but I am sorry it will make a profit even if its nowhere near what they earned in the 80's
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:59 pm

I was mistaken. It's not a complete repackaging. The Christmas show is a different performance than the previously released Twisted Christmas DVD.

PostSubject: Re: TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box   TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TWISTED SISTER: 'From The Bars To The Stars' Five-Disc DVD Box
Page 1 of 1