Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gigantour 2012

Go down 
+11
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
DeathCult
chewie
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
adrian
The_Jayroh
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:38 am

http://www.gigantour.com/

Megadeth + Motorhead? AWESOME! Too bad the nearest date from here is 20 hours away. Every date is either way out west or way up north.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 am

Looks like Denver is the closest date for me. May be tempted to make the eight hour drive depending on my money at that time
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:45 am

Wow, finally a Gigantour line-up I'd like to see. Might have to investigate this one. Even if it means going into Camden, NJ for the evening. Gigantour 2012 927150

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:07 am

I saw a few Gigantours and enjoyed them. The Nevermore/Megadeth combo was my favorite so far.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
I saw a few Gigantours and enjoyed them. The Nevermore/Megadeth combo was my favorite so far.

Yea, that one seemed pretty cool, but there always seemed to be a coupla bands every year that I'd either never heard of or had no interest whatsoever in seeing.

This year, 3 outta 4 ain't bad. Lacuna Coil doesn't interest me. I'll have to see if I can drum up some interest with my group of friends. And providing the tickets aren't too expensive.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:55 am

Nearest to me is Camden. I don't think I'll be making that trip just for Megadeth and Motorhead. The other 2 bands I have no interest in.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:00 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yea, that one seemed pretty cool, but there always seemed to be a coupla bands every year that I'd either never heard of or had no interest whatsoever in seeing.

This year, 3 outta 4 ain't bad. Lacuna Coil doesn't interest me. I'll have to see if I can drum up some interest with my group of friends. And providing the tickets aren't too expensive.

I think I've attended all the Gigantours so far. "Nevermore" was a pretty memorable one. "Dream Theater" was on that tour as well, but were BORING! I've seen DT many times, that time was the worst. Symphony X were good too. I also enjoyed Bobaflex, though not so much for their music as for their performance. Didn't care much for Fear Factory's performance.

The year with Overkill was great too. I wasn't into Lamb of God, but checked 'em out anyhow. They were interesting for the first 15 minutes, but it went on far too long and all sounded the same. Their singer was annoying on stage and was definitely the weak point of the performance. Arch Enemy, however, were great. I didn't get to catch their whole set as I went over to the Overkill meet and greet. Opeth played as well, but they seemed so out of place following Overkill and going on before Arch Enemy. They were actually getting booed. I thought they were good. Anthrax were on that tour too, but they joined the tour mid-way through and didn't play at the Albuquerque gig.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I think I've attended all the Gigantours so far. "Nevermore" was a pretty memorable one. "Dream Theater" was on that tour as well, but were BORING! I've seen DT many times, that time was the worst. Symphony X were good too. I also enjoyed Bobaflex, though not so much for their music as for their performance. Didn't care much for Fear Factory's performance.

The year with Overkill was great too. I wasn't into Lamb of God, but checked 'em out anyhow. They were interesting for the first 15 minutes, but it went on far too long and all sounded the same. Their singer was annoying on stage and was definitely the weak point of the performance. Arch Enemy, however, were great. I didn't get to catch their whole set as I went over to the Overkill meet and greet. Opeth played as well, but they seemed so out of place following Overkill and going on before Arch Enemy. They were actually getting booed. I thought they were good. Anthrax were on that tour too, but they joined the tour mid-way through and didn't play at the Albuquerque gig.

Symphony X was on that tour as well. They put on a pretty good show and it was nice finally seeing them live............. even if it was an the small stage.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:42 pm

I've never been to a gigantour before, but would love to see Motorhead with Megadeth, so I'll probably check this one out. Never heard Volbeat though, and I dislike Lacuna Coil quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:01 pm

I haven't attended a Gigantour. The tour never seems to come anywhere close to me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Volbeat has a lot of fans, but I find them highly annoying.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 pm

What the hell is a Volbeat? Have I been living under a rock again?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Too bad this tour isn't coming to the Canadian Maritimes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
What the hell is a Volbeat? Have I been living under a rock again?

Check here, old timer...Gigantour 2012 387733

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t3694-volbeat?highlight=volbeat

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t14170-volbeat-new-album?highlight=volbeat

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/t14688-volbeat-anyone?highlight=volbeat

I'm generally opposed to most recommendations by MetalRob, but these guys are an exception. I don't own anything by them yet but I'd like to remedy that some day. They have a pretty unique sound that I think I'd enjoy. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them live if I had the chance.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Don't know/care about the other bands but I'd love to finally see Megadeth & Motorhead. Too bad they aren't coming anywhere close.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow, finally a Gigantour line-up I'd like to see. Might have to investigate this one. Even if it means going into Camden, NJ for the evening. Gigantour 2012 927150

Closest show to me. If it wasn't a weeknight, I would consider heading to the murder capital of the US for this gig!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Volbeat has a lot of fans, but I find them highly annoying.

Ditto! Don't understand the appeal at all!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Closest show to me. If it wasn't a weeknight, I would consider heading to the murder capital of the US for this gig!!!!!

Is Camden really it? Laughing Would've thought Detroit.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Is Camden really it? Laughing Would've thought Detroit.

After all the foreclosures in recent years, I don't think there are enough people left in Detroit for it to qualify anymore. Very Happy

Here's what our good friend Dr. Wik E. Pedia sez about Damned - I mean, Camden.

Quote :
Although once a thriving center for manufacturing and industry, Camden is perhaps best known for its struggles with urban dysfunction. Three Camden mayors have been jailed for corruption, the most recent being Milton Milan in 2000.[13] Since 2005 the school system and police department have been operated by the State of New Jersey; the takeover will expire in 2012. In 2008, Camden had the highest crime rate in the U.S. with 2,333 violent crimes per 100,000 people while the national average was 455 per 100,000.

Based on statistics reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Camden was the third-most dangerous city in the U.S. during 2002, and has been ranked the nation's most dangerous city in 2004, 2005 and 2009, based on crime statistics in the six categories of murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and auto theft.

I live in New Jersey and I wouldn't spend any time in that city if you paid me!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I live in New Jersey and I wouldn't spend any time in that city if you paid me!!

LOL!!!!! I was in Camden once for the A Matter Of Life And Death tour. What a smurf poo hole! At least the venue is nice, your typical Ampitheater - I don;t get why they put it in Camden instead of a safer area!!!!

I stayed in near by Cherry Hill.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:46 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!!!! I was in Camden once for the A Matter Of Life And Death tour. What a smurf poo hole! At least the venue is nice, your typical Ampitheater - I don;t get why they put it in Camden instead of a safer area!!!!

Ever been to Irvington, Joker? I went to a Kix gig at a dump there called the "Cricket Club" back in '92 or '93. Good Lord, what a hole. Sickest crack ghetto I've ever had the displeasure of visiting. My brother couldn't even enjoy the show because the entire time he was worried about whether or not his car would still be where we left it after the gig was over.

Yeaaaaahhhh, I love New Jersey. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:52 pm

I guess the idea at the time was to try and improve the city's image with the venue and waterfront aquarium next door. That's all well and good, but people are going directly to those 2 attractions and nothing else. Noone is intentionally moving to Camden just to be closer to those venues. You don't get out of your car until you're in the parking lots.

And speaking of that venue, I'm not a fan. I've been to shows there and I don't care much for it. Not sure what it is exactly that I don't like. Maybe the seating is too far away from the stage?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Quote :
I guess the idea at the time was to try and improve the city's image with the venue and waterfront aquarium next door. That's all well and good, but people are going directly to those 2 attractions and nothing else. Noone is intentionally moving to Camden just to be closer to those venues. You don't get out of your car until you're in the parking lots.

Same thing with Newark. They built a nice performing arts center there and a big honkin' brand spankin' new arena for the New Jersey Devils, but people aren't flocking back to that city so they can move in next door to it.

Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm probably going to get tickets to the New Jersey show, despite it being held in the toilet of the East Coast. Kind of disappointed they're not coming closer to DC or Baltimore.

If anyone is heading to that show and wants to meet up/party/room, I'd be very interested.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Ever been to Irvington, Joker? I went to a Kix gig at a dump there called the "Cricket Club" back in '92 or '93. Good Lord, what a hole. Sickest crack ghetto I've ever had the displeasure of visiting. My brother couldn't even enjoy the show because the entire time he was worried about whether or not his car would still be where we left it after the gig was over.

Yeaaaaahhhh, I love New Jersey. Very Happy

Nope - never been there! I guess I am lucky then. I will be at the Meadowsland for Priest next week \m/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gigantour 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2012   Gigantour 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gigantour 2012
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next