Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Band Names...

Go down 
+39
journeyman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
bgsully
Gilbert
80s Metal Lady
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
deathisgain
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Alex Dee Rokket
Hadley
kmorg
Arjun_M
Chairman_Smith
Leatherface
arachnoplasma
jstate
SlaytanicPOWER
MetalH
JBall_Z
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
Eyesore
Sole Survivor
Vexer6
mc666
Temple of Blood
Grimmo
Lurideath
Wurthless
ultmetal
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:19 pm

There's a band called !!!, yes that's how it's spelled, how you pronounce it, I have no idea, there's another one called "The The", man that's gotta be confusing to search for!

Aside from those, most pop-punk bands have really stupid names like Yellowcard and Matchbox 20.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:10 pm

I notice very few metal bands--if any at all--tend to use the article "the" in their names. But it's all over rock and pop. The Shins, The Flaming Lips, The Strokes. Actually, it really is pointless to list them all.

I always cringe when I hear "Yeah Yeah Yeah's."
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Bullet for my valentine.

awful name for a band.

but i still found their latest album to be very very good headbanger
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Helloween is a kooky name. Plus, it sounds too seasonal like you should only play their albums in October (even though I've been playing them a lot the last few days).

And it's not that I don't like the name Running Wild, I just think they could've used a better name since they're so awesome.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I notice very few metal bands--if any at all--tend to use the article "the" in their names. But it's all over rock and pop. The Shins, The Flaming Lips, The Strokes. Actually, it really is pointless to list them all.

I always cringe when I hear "Yeah Yeah Yeah's."

On the subject of band names with "The," The Lemonheads (another bad band name) put out an album called Come On Feel The Lemonheads and Evan Dando said it was to make sure people pronounced the "The" in their name instead of just calling them "Lemonheads."
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
There's a band called !!!, yes that's how it's spelled, how you pronounce it, I have no idea, there's another one called "The The", man that's gotta be confusing to search for!

I used to like to pronounce it in different ways: Thee Thuh, Thuh Thee, Thee Thee, Thuh Thuh.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Goblin C o c k

I've listened to a few of their songs, and thought they weren't too bad. I just would never publicly announce that "I like Goblin C0ck!"

I've never heard them. I'm not about to do a Google search for "Goblin C*ck". That's certain to get a red flag from the IT department.
Laughing very hard

I love Gamma Ray, but it sounds like a 10 year old came up with it.
Also Edguy!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Edguy...where the hell did that name come from, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Ugly Kid Joe, good band but it sounds like a bad highschool nickname.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

They were originally called S.W.A.T. (Suburban White Alcoholic Trash), but changed the name when they got booked to open for Pretty Boy Floyd at a club, just cuz they thought it would be funny to see both names together on the marquee ("Tonight: Pretty Boy Floyd and Ugly Kid Joe"). After that it just stuck.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Some power metal band, I believe. As far as where they got it; I don't have a clue.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Just mentioned this in another thread, but Crashdiet is a pretty sucky name for an above average band. Out of all the names to come up with for a metal band with glam and sleaze influences, this one is like naming your male dog Slish.

Great band though.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 pm

I also remember seeing a band in an old rock mag called "Guy Man Dude" & an underground band back in the 90's called "Poop Stain"!
sick
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm

LOL! "Don't miss the Ugly Anatomy 2013 Summer Tour featuring Anal c*nt and Goblin Cock! With special guest Poop Stain! It's metal madness you won't want to 'mess!'"

I don't expect very many people to laugh at that...chuckle chuckle...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:19 pm

bgsully wrote:
I also remember seeing a band in an old rock mag called "Guy Man Dude" & an underground band back in the 90's called "Poop Stain"!
sick

Guy Mann-Dude was not a band, he was a Man, dude! Or a Guy! Or something!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Mann-Dude

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 pm

bgsully wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Some power metal band, I believe. As far as where they got it; I don't have a clue.

From Wikipedia:

Quote :
Edguy was founded in 1992 by 14-year-old students Tobias Sammet, Jens Ludwig, Dominik Storch and Dirk Sauer. The name "Edguy" was an affectionate epithet for their math teacher at the time.

The teachers name was Mr. Edgar Siedschlag.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
bgsully wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

From Wikipedia:

Quote :
Edguy was founded in 1992 by 14-year-old students Tobias Sammet, Jens Ludwig, Dominik Storch and Dirk Sauer. The name "Edguy" was an affectionate epithet for their math teacher at the time.

THANK YOU. Even though I could've wiki'd that myself but was too lazy but regardless THANK YOU. And now I can verify that out of all the band-naming stories I've heard, Edguy has the cutest one.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:36 pm

I always found the name Edguy a nice change from some of the over the top ridiculous names a lot of power metal bands have.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

It was a joke name, for the most part. The band got its name 'Ugly Kid Joe' as a parody of L.A. glam band Pretty Boy Floyd.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
bgsully wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

From Wikipedia:

Quote :

THANK YOU. Even though I could've wiki'd that myself but was too lazy but regardless THANK YOU. And now I can verify that out of all the band-naming stories I've heard, Edguy has the cutest one.
First time I've heard that. Thanks for the info. That reminds me of where the name "Lynyrd Skynyrd" came from.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
bgsully wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

From Wikipedia:

Quote :

Learn something new everyday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Queensryche is a really bad name!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Krokus.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Between the Buried and Me and Slauter Xstroyes are pretty crappy names. So is Porcupine Tree.

I can forgive them, though, since they're all awesome.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Anyone hear of the Christian group Family Force 5? Sounds like a fricking Disney Channel lineup, but they're a little bit better than that. I like it when bands have fun, but when they get so goofy that their name is obnoxious...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Band Names...   Worst Band Names... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Band Names...
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next