Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds

Go down 
+28
T-Roy
James B.
Olafsto
kethdredd
Wargod
Speedmetalfreak
EmoElmo
The_Jayroh
thejokeriv
jettafiend
MetalFRO
stepcousin
powermacho
Wurthless
kmorg
DallasBlack
Sutekh
GrandNational
MetalH
mr.electric39
bassman
ultmetal
tohostudios
metalken
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
exact33
Eyesore
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:36 pm

After several spins over the weekend this album is starting to sink in with me and Im enjoying it alot more. One thing I do like is the addition of more solos on this album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Just came in the mail. =)

The CD did, not me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Second spin now. Love it so far! "I Am" is indeed a brilliant tune. Might be the best tune Matt has ever written.

"The Gift of Music" is pretty damn cheesy, though. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Second spin now. Love it so far! "I Am" is indeed a brilliant tune. Might be the best tune Matt has ever written.

"The Gift of Music" is pretty damn cheesy, though. Haha.

I think my favorite track so far is either "Nailed" or "Hide in the Fairytale". It's a freaking great album, though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Just came in the mail. =)

The CD did, not me.

I am sure the post office is relieved...

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Almost finished the first spin on this one, and I'm really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 pm

I agree about I Am being one of the best Theocracy songs thus far. I especially love the lyrics which have always been great (intelligent lyrics of faith done without being too preachy). This album, as well as the new Lance King and Cage are going to have to make me re-assess my top 10 (though Iced Earth and Alice Cooper still occupy the first two places).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:12 pm

"The Gift of Music" lyrics are pretty bad. Haha.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Wow, Thanks for this thread! Awesome samples!!!

Edguy and DT influence are very prevalent in this album

Googled the lyrics and sometimes I can't help but laugh, too Contemporary-ish

Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:23 am

I'm not familiar with this band. solid metal headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:50 am

Eyesore wrote:

yes. The cheese factor is on overload...

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:40 am

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

yes. The cheese factor is on overload...

Yeah,but I really like it.Guess Im a cheese lover.Haha

Stand out tracks for me are The Master Storyteller,As the World Bleeds,The Gift of Music,and Altar to the Unknown God.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Previewed their first two albums, "Mirror Of Souls" was equally excellent while their self-titled debut is a stinkfest, just weak....This band has potential, they are Major Record Label-Worthy, excellent musicians BUT very bad lyricists (in a Cheesy way) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 pm

I've tried to like this band maybe I need to hear the new one, anyone?

Wargod
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:38 am

I really like Matt as a lyricist, I've never heard any critics in that department. Here is an interview posted in the Washington Times.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/business-being-diva/2011/dec/2/metal-music-theocracy-World-Bleeds/
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:49 am

Wargod wrote:

Wargod

Same here. I have the first two and have heard the new one as well. I`m still amazed by all the praise and hype this band gets here at HOM. I do like the band but no way does it stick out in the crowd of good bands in this genre. Just my opinion though.
Maybe it`s the Jesus effect that makes it so spesial to a lot of people here Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:17 am

Wargod wrote:

Wargod

I'm with you. I can't seem to get into them. I don't have the new one though.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 am

Never heard of them untill this thread. The article/interview Kiethdredd posted was interesting enough. Gonna go play on YouTube and see what's up with this band. I usually care less about genre. Most bands labeled power metal are boring to my ears, due to montony and not musicanship.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:30 pm

I like Matts voice a lot. I think he has some distinctiveness to his vocals and the music is fun. Will they ever be Helloween? No, but they are better than a lot of power metal bands nowadays.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:11 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Previewed their first two albums, "Mirror Of Souls" was equally excellent while their self-titled debut is a stinkfest, just weak....This band has potential, they are Major Record Label-Worthy, excellent musicians BUT very bad lyricists (in a Cheesy way) Laughing
A stinkfest? And you determined this by "previewing" it? Nonsense.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

yeah - the first wasnt perfect but it was far from a stinkfest.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

Can't I review or 'at least' give an impression of the album without buying the physical copy? You seem to hate the internet technology, This is not the early 90's dude lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:53 pm

First listen = amazing! I can tell this will be a heavy rotation cd for me.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am

This is my first every power metal purchase. And after having it for awhile now, I don't know why I waited so long to get into it! I love As The World Bleeds. I went back and got "Mirror of Souls" and don't like it nearly as much. But ATWB is amazing to me. The musicianship and vocals are awesome. Song writing is very creative and inspiring. Really a theological theme if you will, as well as a deep look into the heart of man.

Favorites:
The Gift of Music
Hide in the Fairytale
I Am
Nailed

oh forget it....there all good.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:43 am

Yeah, it's a great album, no weak points to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next