Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds

Go down 
+28
T-Roy
James B.
Olafsto
kethdredd
Wargod
Speedmetalfreak
EmoElmo
The_Jayroh
thejokeriv
jettafiend
MetalFRO
stepcousin
powermacho
Wurthless
kmorg
DallasBlack
Sutekh
GrandNational
MetalH
mr.electric39
bassman
ultmetal
tohostudios
metalken
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
exact33
Eyesore
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
That teaser makes me wanna hear the whole thing! It sounds awesome to my ears. Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 11840
Never heard of this band before now.

Then, as others have said, definitely check out their last album "Mirror Of Souls". I think you'll dig it. And as we get closer to Christmas, you might want to check out their site because every year they release either a "metalized" version of a traditional carol or an original like "Rudolph vs Frosty".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:13 pm

a new one? i need to get their first 2 first. the first one was is a classic, i downloaded but never bought it.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:18 am

I love Theocracy, they might sound too clean and over polished at times but they have alot of prog metal qualities as well as alot of power metal too. And they like to play fast, which is cool. I am probably in the minority here but I like Matt's overly christian lyrics, he's not ashamed of what he believes.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:28 am

I pre-ordered this, and will et a guitar-pick as a bonus Very Happy

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:52 pm

kmorg wrote:

nice!

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Anyone heard the new single yet?
If not, here it is.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I really need to give these guys a fresh listen. I have their first CD and it did very little for me. I thought it was good but not very memorable and not something that I really desired to listen to over and over again. People seem to gush over them, so perhaps I am missing something.

Try Mirror Of Souls. I have the first one and it left me lukewarm as well. Once they actually became a "band" instead of a one man show, things seemed to pick up a lot.

THIS. I have the debut as well, and you're right, it sort of got lost in the sea of proggy metal at that time. Also, Matt hadn't fully developed himself as a vocalist, so there are spots on the debut where he's sharp or flat and it hurts the overall presentation. "Mirror of Souls", however, was a HUGE step up for the band and is as good as everyone says it is. I have a promo copy of the new album as well, and though it's not the giant revelation that "Mirror" was, it's a fantastic album in its own right and a worthy follow-up. For my money, the last 2 Theocracy releases are definitely in the "buy or die" category Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:46 pm

I love the debut. "Ichthus," "The Serpent's Kiss," "Mountain" (my favorite Theocracy song), "The Healing Hand," "Sinner" and "Twist of Fate" are all fantastic.

There are some less-than-great songs, like "Theocracy," which has an awkward pre-chorus but a great chorus. "New Jerusalem" is pretty boring overall, and "The Victory Dance" is okay but lacks anything truly catchy. The production isn't the best, and the while the drum machine sounds great, it lacks that human feel. And there's way too much super-fast double-bass. But still, for a drum machine, Matt did a great job.

Still a great album, though. So basically I disagree with all of you. =)

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I love the debut. "Ichthus," "The Serpent's Kiss," "Mountain" (my favorite Theocracy song), "The Healing Hand," "Sinner" and "Twist of Fate" are all fantastic.

There are some less-than-great songs, like "Theocracy," which has an awkward pre-chorus but a great chorus. "New Jerusalem" is pretty boring overall, and "The Victory Dance" is okay but lacks anything truly catchy. The production isn't the best, and the while the drum machine sounds great, it lacks that human feel. And there's way too much super-fast double-bass. But still, for a drum machine, Matt did a great job.

I'm mostly different than you, my favorite tracks are Theocracy (love the lyrics especially), New Jerusalem, The Serpent's Kiss, Mountain, and The Victory Dance.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 pm

kmorg wrote:

Where did you place your order cuz my copy came solo.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 pm

If I had heard the first album first I probably would have not even given the band the time of day. I heard Mirrors first and was blown away. As the World bleeds is absolutely brilliant. Matt and Co hit it out of the park.

A definite "Buy or Die" album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:03 pm

jettafiend wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Where did you place your order cuz my copy came solo.

I pre-ordered via Ulterium Records.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I like the new one a lot and I think they are getting better with each release.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Just ordered the new one. headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
Just ordered the new one. headbanger

I think you'll enjoy it.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:31 am

Still waiting for mine to come impatient
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

I've heard it, and trust me, it's worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

I've heard it, and trust me, it's worth the wait.

he speaks the truth. It is very good.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:53 am

Got mine yesterday and I gotta say after first listen I dont like it as much as Mirror of Souls.It seems like Matt and Co. have went into more progressive territory.This album may grow on me the more I listen to it but first impression is a let down.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:56 am

I just got this one (going on Eyesore's recommendation) and it's pretty good! These guys did their Metal homework. I can hear influences from Helloween, Hammerfall (and most of the Euro Power Metal bands), Fates Warning, Dream Theater, etc, etc....
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:38 am

My sister found this band a couple days ago and asked me if I knew them, since it sounds like a band I would dig. I'd never heard them before. She was gunna get me a cd of them for Christmas rofl.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:13 pm

I can't wait until I get a bit of money and can order the vinyl version \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Saw this at Newbury Comics last night. Unexpected. If I'd known I could buy it around here I wouldn't have ordered online.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:45 pm

"I Am" is one of the best songs released this year!!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
"I Am" is one of the best songs released this year!!

I agree. Their songs on this one are really good.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds   Theocracy - As The World Bleeds - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next