Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bang Tango

Go down 
+13
Shiney
manny
mlotek
Thrasher73
jstate
tohostudios
exact33
nevermore
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Bang Tango - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Tango   Bang Tango - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
I like what i have heard. Will be tracking down the albums...

Let me warn ya, there's a big difference in sound between Psycho Cafe and Dancin' On Coals IMO. Dancin' has much more "groove" and is more varied than Psycho; it's sort of like a cross between Poison and Red Hot Chili Peppers with a dash of Rod Stewart thrown in for good measure ("Midnight Struck").

going to start out with Psycho

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bang Tango   Bang Tango - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:00 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Let me warn ya, there's a big difference in sound between Psycho Cafe and Dancin' On Coals IMO. Dancin' has much more "groove" and is more varied than Psycho; it's sort of like a cross between Poison and Red Hot Chili Peppers with a dash of Rod Stewart thrown in for good measure ("Midnight Struck").

Good choice. I like both Psycho and Dancin' but I think they're way different. Later Bang Tango albums sound like Beautiful Creatures to me so they're good but that Dancin' On Coals album just sticks out like a sore thumb in the Bang Tango catalog IMO.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bang Tango   Bang Tango - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 8:18 pm

I have some friends that were in this band called The Zeros. Went to see them when they opened gor Bang Tango at Santa Monica Civic Center. Bang Tango was good onstage, but for some reason.....I never got any tunes by them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bang Tango   Bang Tango - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Good choice. I like both Psycho and Dancin' but I think they're way different. Later Bang Tango albums sound like Beautiful Creatures to me so they're good but that Dancin' On Coals album just sticks out like a sore thumb in the Bang Tango catalog IMO.

I never noticed that much of a difference between PC and DoC. I like 'em both equally. Maybe I'll give them a fresh spin. Haven't played either one in their entirety in awhile. I may have purchased Dancing on Coals first. I'm pretty sure I got that as a new release on cassette and eventually upgraded both albums to cd later on.

I could never fully get into Beautiful Creatures. It's ok I guess. Even now, I'll think about trading it off, then I give it a listen and decide to keep it. Then it sits on the shelf again until I decide to trade it and the cycle begins again. I only have their debut. Never bothered with the follow-up. Did they do anything after that?

PostSubject: Re: Bang Tango   Bang Tango - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bang Tango
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2