Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bang Camaro

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Troublezone
tohostudios
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 am

You guys heard this band? They're local. I'd love to dislike them--for being so damn sugary sweet--but I can't. In heavy doses, they can be a bit much, and their guitar tone is weak, and their lyrics are atrocious. But every time a song comes on, I can't help but love it.

They play a mix of 70s and 80s rock, but they take the Def Leppard-styled chorus and crank it up about ten levels. The band has like 20 singers.

And they all sing.

At the same time.

In every song.

"It's nutty!" —Lars Ulrich

Aaaaagh! They're like Peeps! So terrible and awesome. Haha. It's too bad they didn't can the choir and keep one singer. They can write a hook.

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 am

Never heard of them but the Amazon samples sounded decent so I just bought II. It was only 2.89.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:50 am

It's like a Def Leppard chorus the whole song! 🤘 lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 am

Troublezone wrote:
It's like a Def Leppard chorus the whole song! 🤘 lol!

That's exactly what it is!

Instead of overdubbing Joe Elliot a dozen times, these guys use 12 voices.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:44 pm

I haven't heard them but I did read a review of their new album.
Back to top Go down

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Yep. It's really weird.

I have to defend Def Leppard, though. They don't overdub Joe Elliot 12 times! In fact, Joe probably has the worst voice in the band. Well, outside of Rick Allen. Not sure I've ever heard him sing. Phil, Vivian, and Rick Savage have great voices.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:59 pm

OK,maybe it's not all him but from Hysteria forward, Def Leppard are the kings of vocal overdubs.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 pm

I like Joe's voice quite a bit, it's raspy but melodic.
Back to top Go down

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
OK,maybe it's not all him but from Hysteria forward, Def Leppard are the kings of vocal overdubs.
They had that one the first album, too. A lot more than most bands at the time. I think because the production was more raw back then, people tend to not hear it as much.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:14 pm

I definitely don't hear the lush harmonies until Pyromania and even there I don't think there's as much overdubbing as Hysteria.

Regardless, this was still a cool pickup so thanks for posting this.

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I definitely don't hear the lush harmonies until Pyromania and even there I don't think there's as much overdubbing as Hysteria.

Regardless, this was still a cool pickup so thanks for posting this.
Rock Brigade, Hello America, When The Walls Came Tumbling Down, Bringin' On The Heartbreak, Mirror Mirror, and so on. How could you miss it? It's been there since day one.
Back to top Go down

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Bringin' On The Heartbreak has a veritable army of voices on it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Maybe it is the production. Those vox on the early albums just don't seem as lush as everything from Hysteria on.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Maybe it is the production. Those vox on the early albums just don't seem as lush as everything from Hysteria on.

If you ever get a chance watch Classic Album making of 'Hysteria' the way the band and Mutt Lange arranged and worked the vocals is amazing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:22 pm

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

If you ever get a chance watch Classic Album making of 'Hysteria' the way the band and Mutt Lange arranged and worked the vocals is amazing.

Yeah, I don't know what it is exactly but the vocals after Pyromania definitely sound different to me.

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Listened to a couple of those tunes, it makes me nostalgic for Def Leppard...and I was never really a big fan of Def Leppard.

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:15 pm

I really LOVE early Def Leppard.

I actually saw them on their debut US tour. They opened for Jefferson Starship of all people.

The first three albums are classics in my book.

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 pm

I was a moderate fan when I was younger. The first album I heard was Pyromania, like everyone else in the entire country I bought it when it first came out. Then I worked my way backwards through the catalog. I liked Hysteria at first (or at least most of it), but when I hear those songs now they just sound badly dated.

I could still listen to the first couple records, but the rest I'll leave to memory.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:41 pm

detuned wrote:
I was a moderate fan when I was younger. The first album I heard was Pyromania, like everyone else in the entire country I bought it when it first came out. Then I worked my way backwards through the catalog. I liked Hysteria at first (or at least most of it), but when I hear those songs now they just sound badly dated.

I could still listen to the first couple records, but the rest I'll leave to memory.

That's me exactly!

The only album I own after Pyro is Sparkle Lounge.

"High n Dry" is one of my desert island albums though. I still love that one!

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Yep, it's the best AC/DC album not recorded by AC/DC. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:18 pm

detuned wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I reserve that title for Rhino Bucket's "Get Used To It"

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 pm

detuned wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That's a first. I've never heard anyone compare that album to AC/DC. Shocked

Either way, I love everything they did besides X. Hysteria was the very first album I owned, so it'll remain the greatest ever in my book.
Back to top Go down

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It's the Mutt Lange production sound.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 am

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It's the Mutt Lange production sound.

I know what you're talking about, the chord progressions are similar at times as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:17 am

Can we forget all the Def Leppard-AC/DC talk and focus on how lame this band's name is? Bang Camaro? Enuff Z'nuff laughs at that name. Laughing

The music's not bad though.

Bang Camaro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang Camaro   Bang Camaro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bang Camaro
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next