Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Wave of Thrash Metal

Go down 
+36
HeavyMetal
stormspell
ghost
Andy
mlotek
TheseGoTo11
Infinite
jstate
Nico
EmoElmo
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
Dark Horseman
Stender
James B.
metal_lightning_attack
Ravenscraig
firestarter
DeathCult
kyleblack
Coram Deo
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Hamer12
biddle
DallasBlack
rawr!
adrian
chewie
ultmetal
Wurthless
Thrasher73
mc666
metalhead777
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:13 pm

A few I picked up in the last week, through emusic, itunes, and free download from the band.

This a YT link to the whole album. Fast paced thrash, Violater style vox. Ok production, I like it.....Not quite as much as the following two, but it's good.

Downloadlink: http://braindeath-thrash.blogspot.com/

BrainDeath -

Braindeadz - Cool thrash riffs, Kreator/Sodom style Vox.

And, Dust Bolt. Looked up Metal the other day on itunes, and this was a featured artist, looked like a thrash cover so I checked it out. Got it off emusic, then my credits ran out for the month, so I finished it up on itunes. Pretty Good German thrash, Kreator/Sodom Vibe at times, maybe closer to Testament. Good stuff.

Cool review by a guy. Cool

Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 am

Here is one I haven't seen ANY bloody mention of (unless I've gone blind or am completely drunk....). Methinks DallasBlack is gonna LOVE him some of THIS dudes vocals:

After All - Parasite Within (from their album Dawn Of The Enforcer)

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Here is one I haven't seen ANY bloody mention of (unless I've gone blind or am completely drunk....). Methinks DallasBlack is gonna LOVE him some of THIS dudes vocals:

After All - Parasite Within (from their album Dawn Of The Enforcer)

Huh scratch

WOnder how I missed mentioning them. They are great!

I've got

Cult of Sin &
Dawn of the Enforcer

They've been around since the late 80's, But I only heard of them since the last 6 years or so.

DOTE is a really really good album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 am

Diggin' After All. Thanks for posting that.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
Diggin' After All. Thanks for posting that.

Yea, that was cool.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Late 80's? Too bad, they need more notice.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm

After All is good stuff Ben,cheers bro!

Coram- Dust Bolt is killer as well
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

For some reason I couldn't watch the video in the thread, but I saw it on youtube. You are correct, those vocals are more like it! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:19 am

Another one I don't think has been mentioned. Some of you guys might not care for this one lyrically:

Blessed Curse - Bleeding Cross (from their self-titled album):

Also, I think this one deserves ANOTHER mention (saw them somewhere early on...). This one was a BIG kick in the teeth when I first heard it:

Essence - Unlimited Chaos (from their album Lost In Violence):

And one more I've been diggin' on.

Ancesthor - Soundless Pain (from their album The Human Nature):

Saw these guys mentioned on the board here ONCE, and nothing since, so I'm gonna give 'em some love here.

Tuck From Hell - I'm Rollin' (from their album Thrashing):

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:40 am

Quote :
Also, I think this one deserves ANOTHER mention (saw them somewhere early on...). This one was a BIG kick in the teeth when I first heard it:

Essence - Unlimited Chaos (from their album Lost In Violence):

Saw these guys mentioned on the board here ONCE, and nothing since, so I'm gonna give 'em some love here.

Tuck From Hell - I'm Rollin' (from their album Thrashing):

SideShowDisaSter, good to see someone repost Essence. When I first heard that album, I was blown away. I have heard they are working on new material, and I am highly anticipating it. It needs to be hear yesterday!! But, I've got Testament to hold me over.

Tuck is thrash riffing mad! Another band similar to them is Joe Thrasher. Can't find a studio version of a song off of Cries from the past, but they do sound good live. Both them and Tuck need to change their name......But the music kills....

Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:46 am

Haven't seen Lich King mentioned here. I downloaded Born of the bomb from bandcamp.

The previous albums from Lich King, I always thought were ok. This album completely blows them away. Tom's vocals are 1,000 times improved. Close to John Connelly at times. I really didn't think this would be in the running for favorite this year, but it is.

Enjoy!

www.LichKingMetal.com
Buy stuff: LichKing.bigcartel.com
Buy digital: LichKingMetal.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:53 am

I thought LICH KING's "World Gone Dead" was great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 am

Sounds good. I ordered the new CD.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am

Yeah Lich King gets better with each release!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

LICH KING?

Will check them out
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 am

I still think the first two albums had more memorable songs, but the production on BOTB is definitely the best by far. Just dont tell Tom he sounds like Connelly unless like being punched in the nose. He totally hates Nuclear Assault with passion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 am

stormspell wrote:
I still think the first two albums had more memorable songs, but the production on BOTB is definitely the best by far. Just dont tell Tom he sounds like Connelly unless like being punched in the nose. He totally hates Nuclear Assault with passion.

Toxic Zombie Onslaught definitely has some memorable songs.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:11 pm

stormspell wrote:

lol, the more I listen, the less I think it now. Deff. the best his vocals have sounded to me. I knew he isn't crazy about I think the first Dark Angel? Never knew he didn't care for NA. I myself love em.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 pm

This cover is very cool.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wave of Thrash Metal   New Wave of Thrash Metal - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wave of Thrash Metal
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6