Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moonspell - Night Eternal

Go down 
+3
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
mc666
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:18 am

Thanks Db!
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:23 am

Great album, one of my favorite albums this year.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Invader wrote:
Great album, one of my favorite albums this year.

Seems that it will be one of mine as well. This album is wicked heavy and reminds me a lot of Wolfheart. While I didn't hate the electronic approach they took around the time of The Butterfly Effect, it is good to hear them go back to the basics. I give it five headbangers.
headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:15 pm

While I think Butterfly Effect is a great album, it's also their most experimental, outside of the original Under The Moonspell EP. After theat album they sort of toiled in the goth realm a bit, foregoing the he heavy black/death stuff for a more somber, clean style. This worked well. On Memorial they kept that style, but pulled in the death metal stuff again, and even stretched farther back to their Anno Satanae material. A very heavy album. Night Eternal is essentially the same style.

I highly recommend everything this band has down. The Under Satanae album is also worth checking out. It's re-recordings of all their pre-Wolfheart material, even their two pre-Moonspell tracks. The updated versions are awesome! And if you're looking for something heavier, check out Daemonarch's Hermeticum album. This is basically Moonspell doing straight up black/death metal. A very cool release.

Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:04 pm

Two thumbs up, glad to see other fans-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Pretty cool new video.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:01 am

Tooling around on Youtube and came accross a pretty good live version of Opium. I found many but most of them were real crappy, I love this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59G3dYMaLL8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moonspell - Night Eternal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2