Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moonspell - Night Eternal

Go down 
+3
MetalRob331
DallasBlack
mc666
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Moonspell - Night Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:57 pm

Not sure how many fans there are here, but I really love Moonspell. If you've ever heard their Under The Moonspell EP, you know it's fairly weird. Lots of chanting and operatics, etc. Nothing quite like anything they've ever done. Anyway, they've decided to that EP and their earlier material. Sounds pretty sweet to me; much cooler than the original song.

Quote :
Portuguese metallers MOONSPELL have posted the new version of their song "Tenebrarum Oratorium (Andamento I/Erudit Compendyum)" on their MySpace page. The song comes off the band's upcoming CD "Under SatanÆ", which consists of re-recordings of the band's legendary EP "Under the Moonspell" (1994) as well as their first demo "Anno SatanÆ" and their sole track as MORBID GOD, "Serpent Angel". All the songs were re-arranged and revamped in order to "underline their revered distinction as underground classics but now with a mature dark energy and class," according to a press release. "The full-length CD (eight songs and around five instrumental compositions) was recorded at Denmark's Antfarm Studios with Tue Madsen (THE HAUNTED, DARK TRANQUILLITY, ROB HALFORD) and will be released in early October via SPV worldwide.

"Under SatanÆ" track listing (not in final order):

01. Halla alle halla al rabka halla (Praeludium/Incantatum Solistitium)
02. Tenebrarum Oratorium (Andamento I/Erudit Compendyum)
03. Interludium/Incantatum Oequinoctum
04. Tenebrarum Oratorium (Andamento II/Erotic Compendyum)
05. Opus Diabolicum (Andamento III/Instrumental Compendyum)
06. Chorai Lusitânia! (Epilogus/Incantatam Maresia)
07. Intro
08. Goat on Fire
09. Ancient Winter Goddess
10. Wolves From The Fog
11. Outro
12. Serpent Angel

The band is also in the process of writing material for the follow-up to "Memorial", which will go into production before the end of the year at the Woodhouse Studios with producer Waldemar Sorychta. A "best of" collection from MOONSPELL, entitled "The Great Silver Eye", was recently released through Century Media

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:11 am

Since this thread originally got no replies, I assume there's not many fans here. But I figured I'd post this anyway.

http://www.myspace.com/moonspell

Two new tracks from the upcoming Night Eternal have been posted online. This band has always tried something new from album to album. But Memorial was a like a mix of everything they'd done so far, with big nod to the old school and a bigger black metal feel, pulling in some influences they hadn't done since their demo material. These two new tracks are once again slightly different in style. I wonder if their re-recording the Under The Moonspell material—easily their most experimental—and weirdest—ever—put them in a more experimental mood. Because these two new tracks, while undoubtedly Moonspell, are very broad in scope. I love the lead work in the title track; that's not something Moonspell often has in their songs.

Very cool stuff. I can't wait for this album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 2:31 am

i always look forward to new Moonspell. the only album they've released so far that i was not crazy about was Sin/Pecado. even still i loved the first 2 tracks on that one. Memorial was something i had been anticipating for a while.

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:01 am

Memorial blew me away. I never expected it to be so heavy. Have you heard the Daemonarch album? It's a bunch of the Moonspell guys basically doing black metal, or what one would have expected the band to do following the Anno Satanae demo. It's really good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:40 am

I like Moonspell but haven't heard them in quite some time. I used to have Wolfheart and Butterfly Effect but traded them off when I became a Christian (an act I still regret to this day).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
Have you heard the Daemonarch album? It's a bunch of the Moonspell guys basically doing black metal, or what one would have expected the band to do following the Anno Satanae demo. It's really good.
yeah i love that album & thought the same thing. i actually prefer it over all of the Moonspell releases, as good as they ar.

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I like Moonspell but haven't heard them in quite some time. I used to have Wolfheart and Butterfly Effect but traded them off when I became a Christian (an act I still regret to this day).
Wolfheart and Irreligious were just re-released and are worth picking up. They each come with a bonus CD that features a live show. Both are great. Wolfheart also has the somewhat-rare bonus track from the original digipack release, and Irreligious has the totally worthless radio edit of "Opium" from the Opium single. But they're definitely worth grabbing. They're $9.99, too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 6:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Wolfheart and Irreligious were just re-released and are worth picking up. They each come with a bonus CD that features a live show. Both are great. Wolfheart also has the somewhat-rare bonus track from the original digipack release, and Irreligious has the totally worthless radio edit of "Opium" from the Opium single. But they're definitely worth grabbing. They're $9.99, too.

Well, I will definatly get Wolfheart and maybe Irreligious later down the line. I especially liked one of the tracks on Wolfheart sung in Portuguese, I can't for the life of my remember which one it is.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:27 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Well, I will definatly get Wolfheart and maybe Irreligious later down the line. I especially liked one of the tracks on Wolfheart sung in Portuguese, I can't for the life of my remember which one it is.
Trebraruna

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:48 am

I have 2 Moonspell cd's Wolfheart and Butterly Effect. I really liked the cd Wolfheart especially the first track Wolfshade its so Eerie. I bought BE hoping it would be along the same lines as Wolfheart but it went into a more Keyboard ridden album and that killed it for me. Love Wolfheart though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Butterfly Effect is fairly experimental for them. It's a great album, but different. Moonspell change things up album to album. No two truly sound alike.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:30 pm

you can stream the entire new album here...
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95511

it's a monster! every song on it is a winner. the song with Anneke van Giersbergen blew me away.

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:49 pm

mc666 wrote:
you can stream the entire new album here...
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95511

it's a monster! every song on it is a winner. the song with Anneke van Giersbergen blew me away.
Schweeeeeeeeeet! I'll listen to this tonight after 5pm, when I can turn the music up a bit. I didn't know Anneke was on this one! Holy crap!

Hey mc, have you ever heard the band Assemblent? I doubt you have, so you should check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/assemblent

I reviewed that album HERE. They're comparable to Moonspell, but they're a bit more...electronic, I guess. Listen to "Silent Cries," at least, since Moonspell's singer guests on it. Awesome band either way. You should dig them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:49 pm

After getting the best of, I am getting into these guys again and will have to check out the songs later (especially the one with Anneke). To correct a mistake in my first post here, I did have Irreligious back in the day because on the best of, I remember the songs Opium, Raven Claws, and Full Moon Madness very vividly. I must go back and get those albums again in the future. I prefer however, the darker, less electronic Moonspell songs over the later ones.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:07 pm

One word:

C-O-O-O-O-K-I-E!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
One word:

C-O-O-O-O-K-I-E!!!!!!
Another:

W-R-O-N-G!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 pm

I take it back. Lots of cookie on this one.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
I take it back. Lots of cookie on this one.
and that makes me pleased 🤘

thanks for the Assemblent recommendation. i'll give them a listen.

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Yeah, I'm surprised they stayed heavy like they were on Memorial. They usually change things up album to album. Not that I'm complaining. I listened twice last night and thought it was brilliant! I can't wait to pick it up.

And Anneke sounds awesome! I heard that song on MySpace when they first released those two tracks, but had no idea it was her. There are parts where it's clear, but I missed them. She seems to be singing in a tone outside her normal range. Awesome stuff.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Man, this album is killer! The footage from Wacken is great, too. A lot of bands put out some great videos from this festival last year.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:30 am

one of my picks for 2008 for sure. it kicks ass!

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:06 am

mc666 wrote:
one of my picks for 2008 for sure. it kicks ass!
Same here.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:24 am

Guess I need to get that one. Thanks to this topic I have re-captured my love of Moonspell and now have their best of album and Wolfheart. My sights are set on Irreligious but I might put it on the back burner for this one.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:41 am

Aren't they goth/doom?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Aren't they goth/doom?

That is a fairly close description IMO. Moonspell are a hard band to catagorize because like Eysore said, they change their sound with every release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonspell - Night Eternal   Moonspell - Night Eternal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moonspell - Night Eternal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next