Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene

Go down 
+17
DallasBlack
holydiver97595
Mglaffas81
GrandNational
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
manny
thejokeriv
exact33
tohostudios
Troublezone
arachnoplasma
chewie
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It does have a pretty bad-ass stereo, I'll give it that much....

That's all that matters...
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 295906_2188855194894_1052500800_2646980_2151235_n

lol!

This car is soooo much like something like from a BarbaPapa cartoon, or maybe something you would create out of PlayDoh.

(Yes, I do like it!)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 pm

mlotek wrote:
Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 295906_2188855194894_1052500800_2646980_2151235_n

lol!

This car is soooo much like something like from a BarbaPapa cartoon, or maybe something you would create out of PlayDoh.

(Yes, I do like it!)

take off the top and it looks like my daughters Barbie Dream car circa 1970.

Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 McD+Toys+TS+Barbie+1

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Laughing You guys are brutal.

When I got the Cube home I read some reviews of it online and many of them point out the many weirdnesses of the design. The best one I read sums it up thusly:

At its core, the Cube is a compact hatchback with a low price, a generous amount of passenger space and a fuel-efficient engine. To fully appreciate these talents, though, you first have to appreciate the Cube's unusual character. Such boxy and quirky cars are all the rage in Japan. However, the Cube is so boxy and so quirky that it almost seems like a Japanese caricature -- the car equivalent of a ninja dressed in Hello Kitty pajamas riding on the back of a robot Godzilla.

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:16 pm

make your new car has one of these:

Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Stormtrooperhood-thumb-550x365-69042

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:56 pm

I always thought the Cube looked like a refridgerator on wheels. Looks better than a smart car though.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 am

My band's guitarist has a Cube! He loves it, and I kind of do too xD
It's very comfortable, has surprisingly good carrying capacity, and also has a good stereo. I used to mock it whenever he'd show up in it, now I only do that once or twice a week Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:15 am

My god, that thing looks horrid! haha!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 pm

the good news is that hurricane katia may grace the east coast by friday...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Drove The Cube to work for the first time today... not a bad ride, though it definitely could use a bit more power/pep when going uphill. It handled fine in the rainy weather.

It is a lot lower to the ground than I'm used to, though, which made me VERY aware of every crack and bump in the road. From that, I would imagine that this thing would not do very well in snow if it was more than a few inches deep. Fortunately it's early September and I only have this thing for a week, so I sincerely doubt I'll be finding out about that first hand. Very Happy

You do get noticed when you drive this thing, though. Over the long weekend I drove it around town quite a bit and every time I stopped @ a red light or parked it in a lot I could see people looking at it. I would hope they were merely wondering "What the heck is that thing?" but more than likely it was something along the lines of "What's that big dude doing driving that silly looking little car?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm

It reminds me of a tissue box with wheels.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:03 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I always thought the Cube looked like a refridgerator on wheels.

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard Keep the comparisons coming, fellas. I plan on writing a HubPages entry at the end of the week detailing my experiences with this weird little car and I could probably use some of these in it.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

its a sixpack on wheels...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:24 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Trust me, this thing has a multitude of cup/drink holders. There are two on each end of the dash board (a large one for coffee cups and a smaller one for water bottles), two in the center console, and a couple in the back for the back seat passengers. It can hold way more than a six pack! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Trust me, this thing has a multitude of cup/drink holders. There are two on each end of the dash board (a large one for coffee cups and a smaller one for water bottles), two in the center console, and a couple in the back for the back seat passengers. It can hold way more than a six pack! Very Happy

a super gulp?

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:28 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

a super gulp?

If you kept a drink in every cup holder in this vehicle, you'd never get anywhere, cuz you'd be stopping to pee every five miles.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
You do get noticed when you drive this thing, though. Over the long weekend I drove it around town quite a bit and every time I stopped @ a red light or parked it in a lot I could see people looking at it. I would hope they were merely wondering "What the heck is that thing?" but more than likely it was something along the lines of "What's that big dude doing driving that silly looking little car?" Laughing very hard

You only noticed this, because the Cube is like 67.8% windows or windas (like they say in Indiana). The Cube is the 70's version of the Pacer, which was about 77.2% windows Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

You only noticed this, because the Cube is like 67.8% windows or windas (like they say in Indiana). The Cube is the 70's version of the Pacer, which was about 77.2% windows Laughing very hard

Yeah, it does kinda feel like you're driving in a fishbowl. Very Happy On the other hand, with all those big windows, there aren't any blind spots!

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Looks like a space age washing machine. Or the lunar Uranus rover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Yeah, it does kinda feel like you're driving in a fishbowl. Very Happy On the other hand, with all those big windows, there aren't any blind spots!

That is definitely a good thing. Congrats by the way on not having to invest in a brand new furnace and water heater. If you ever need a water heater in years to come, DO NOT get one at Lowes!!! My brother had to just replace the one that he and his wife got 18 months ago. I think the only carry one brand, and that particular model is made by Whirlpool. Not only that, but Lowes makes you bring back the old one. My brother said it was nearly impossible to drain, as it leaked all the way down the road (as he took it back in his friend's pickup). My brother did not feel at all bad, as the piece of crap leaked all the way into the store.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:47 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Congrats by the way on not having to invest in a brand new furnace and water heater.

Yeah, we dodged a bullet with that one. The guy who came to look @ it told us we were extremely lucky, if the water had been an inch or two higher we would've been completely screwed. The only thing that got wet on the furnace was the bottom of the cabinet, none of the electronics inside. (*WHEW*)

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Congrats by the way on not having to invest in a brand new furnace and water heater.

Yeah, we dodged a bullet with that one. The guy who came to look @ it told us we were extremely lucky, if the water had been an inch or two higher we would've been completely screwed. The only thing that got wet on the furnace was the bottom of the cabinet, none of the electronics inside. (*WHEW*)

you really did. It is no fun having to have it replaced.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Turned my experience with the Nissan Cube into a new Hub article...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/My-Nissan-Cube-Experience

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm

We got lucky here mostly wind hardly any rain but I woke up Sunday morning to no power and it came back only on Friday it was a very long 5 days not to mention I got alot of reading in lol
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Mother Nature is apparently not done f**king with my life yet. We've been having heavy rain for the past 18 hours or so and my cellar is taking on water again. Nowhere near as much as LAST weekend, thankfully, just a couple of inches' worth, but damn, Universe, go pick on somebody else for a while, for cryin' out loud....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene   Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me, Myself and Hurricane Irene
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next