Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hilarious new metal T-shirt

Go down 
+13
SlaytanicPOWER
Spiner202
krokus
exact33
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
mc666
arachnoplasma
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Cognitive Dissonance
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Does Black Metal suck?
Yes
Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Vote_lcap63%Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 63% [ 24 ]
No
Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 37% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:44 pm

/ THREAD
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 pm

[quote="arachnoplasma"]
Spiner202 wrote:

That wasn't too bad. Singer reminded me of Steve Rowe at times.

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

/ THREAD

Didn't really care for that. Black metal industrial? I'm probably just too far removed from that scene to get it, but I don't understand how that terrible, tinny production and crappy guitar tone is enjoyable.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:02 pm

[quote="ultmetal"]
arachnoplasma wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

I thought the same thing!
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:16 am

krokus wrote:
Some type of black metal sucks, like symphonic black metal, melodic black metal, industrial black metal etc... but real black metal, the primative ones like BEHERIT, BURZUM or old MAYHEM rules forever and ever.

I agree. Although i'm not a black metal fan at all, i admit that the old school bands have it all.

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:17 am

Ah, it really cracks me up how this song never fails to stir the controversy...

Just a few remarks to add: when Tom Martin wrote this song Lich King was still a one-man project, so it is not the "entire band" which hates black metal. The song was written as a tongue-in-cheek response to some black metal kid which was throwing fits on some forum. I'm pretty sure Tom had no idea what monster he is creating, else he surely would have thought better to put it on that album. I guess this will be his "Cherry pie" tune to bear until his last day - a filler song he wrote on a whim... such are the mysterious ways of live I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:41 am

I love many great black/thrash bands too. You have hunderds of more bands playing that style all around the world like REVENGE(greece), KORGULL THE EXTERMINATOR, OMISSION, INSULTERS, NOCTURNAL, BESTIAL HOLOCAUST etc....etc....
here some videos for you:

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:53 am

[quote="ultmetal"]
arachnoplasma wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

Didn't really care for that. Black metal industrial? I'm probably just too far removed from that scene to get it, but I don't understand how that terrible, tinny production and crappy guitar tone is enjoyable.

I wouldn't really call that Black Metal - but nevermind. It didn't sound terrible like most other acts labled "Black Metal", but it surely isn't good either - it's just bland.

I knew this girl who was a huge black metal fan and all that, and she commented my King Diamond shirt saying, "How can you rip so much on Black Metal, when you're a fan of one of the fathers of the genre?" - this always annoyed the crap out of me! Mercyful Fate play classic Heavy Metal - just because their music contains occult lyrics does NOT link them in any way to crap like Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem etc. - They may have inspired them to take makeup and lyrics to a higher extreme, but the music sounds NOTHING alike.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:05 am

Music sound nothing alike but during the 80s many times they call MERCYFUL FATE a BLACK METAL band, because the satanic lirics. I think that girl still believes in the 80s, respect to her for that.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

I wouldn't really call that Black Metal - but nevermind. It didn't sound terrible like most other acts labled "Black Metal", but it surely isn't good either - it's just bland.

The last few Darkthrone albums have been in a more NWOBHM / punk influenced direction rather than a standard "black-metal" style. I'm not sure I'd call it black-metal either, though to be fair, there are many different styles of black-metal. But fair enough - at least you gave it a shot, so kudos.

Mglaffas81 wrote:
I knew this girl who was a huge black metal fan and all that, and she commented my King Diamond shirt saying, "How can you rip so much on Black Metal, when you're a fan of one of the fathers of the genre?" - this always annoyed the crap out of me! Mercyful Fate play classic Heavy Metal - just because their music contains occult lyrics does NOT link them in any way to crap like Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem etc. - They may have inspired them to take makeup and lyrics to a higher extreme, but the music sounds NOTHING alike.

I think in the beginning, pretty much any kind of "extreme" metal with occult lyrics / imagery was considered "black-metal." Bands like Mercyful Fate, Bathory, Venom, Celtic Frost, etc etc don't have that much in common musically with what's typically recognized as black-metal today, but they directly influenced much of the aesthetics that these bands use. Some fans divide it up into first and second (and nowadays probably third and even fourth) waves. Really it's just splitting hairs over genres, and I'd rather not go there. We'll just say King Diamond is great, and I dig a lot of the early occult metal bands, some of the pioneering Norwegian bands, and a few bands that mix black-metal stylings and attitude with traditional, punk and thrash metal. To each his own.

At the very least, I think we can all agree that the music videos make great comedy. Very Happy

Ok, that last one almost breaks my heart. Laughing

Last edited by arachnoplasma on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:39 pm

krokus wrote:
I love many great black/thrash bands too. You have hunderds of more bands playing that style all around the world like REVENGE(greece), KORGULL THE EXTERMINATOR, OMISSION, INSULTERS, NOCTURNAL, BESTIAL HOLOCAUST etc....etc....

Pretty cool stuff, thanks for the recommendations! You seem to be a living encyclopedia of cool obscure bands. Cheers. Wink
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:28 am

Wow, didn't realize this thread actually ended up being about black metal. Anyways, the shirt, like others have said is silly, but it looks cool. The song itself is cool, and even though I like black metal, the lyrics don't bother me. I pretty much knew they were tongue in cheek.

I pretty much like most styles of black metal.

krokus, I hadn't heard Slaughtered Priest or Guerra Total before, thanks for posting. Of the other bands you listed, Nocturnal and Bestial Holocaust are two of my favorites in that genre.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:50 am

arachnoplasma wrote:
krokus wrote:

Pretty cool stuff, thanks for the recommendations! You seem to be a living encyclopedia of cool obscure bands. Cheers. Wink

Thanks for your nice words. Yes, i am trying to be updated and buy a lot from distros all around the world and they sell many times all cool thrash/black only known in the underground. TAke careeeeeeeeeee.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 am

Joe wrote:
Wow, didn't realize this thread actually ended up being about black metal. Anyways, the shirt, like others have said is silly, but it looks cool. The song itself is cool, and even though I like black metal, the lyrics don't bother me. I pretty much knew they were tongue in cheek.

I pretty much like most styles of black metal.

krokus, I hadn't heard Slaughtered Priest or Guerra Total before, thanks for posting. Of the other bands you listed, Nocturnal and Bestial Holocaust are two of my favorites in that genre.

cool you know them. Yes, BESTIAL HOLOCAUST is amazing and together with HORDA and BEMDESAR my two fave bands from Bolivia right now. Talking about Bolivia, their was one band back in the 80s that was really good named METALMORFOSIS. They played cool heavy metal.
NOCTURNAL are ultra cool, one of the best bands right now. I think you will like GUERRA TOTAL and SLAUGHTERED PRIEST. An other band but from Chile (and political not correct NS) are GENOCIDE. They just released PROPAGANDA 1939-1973. Great thrash/black with war noises and voice of Hitler a lot. If you dont mind that, buy that record, its GREATTTTTTTTTTT. Other cool bands from Chile with demos are VENGEANCE (POISON OF DEATH demo), FASTTER (RESIGNACION FATAL demo), CHAOTIC BASTARD (ELIMINATION IS IMMINENT demo), ATOMICIDE (TOTAL ATOMICIDE demo) and a long etc...some of my fave bands of today are coming from that country (DEMONA(speed metal 80s with female vocalist), MOTOSIERRA, NECROAXE, EJECUTOR, MISERYCORE (other band of GENOCIDE members), AMMIT, etc.....and the classic ones like NECROSIS, SADISM etc...cool country.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:18 pm

I tried Toxic Zombie Onslought. Loved the riffs bu the vocals werent my thing.
Black metal is one of my favorite genre's but opinions opinions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious new metal T-shirt   Hilarious new metal T-shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hilarious new metal T-shirt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2