Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)

Go down 
+7
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
stormspell
mlotek
Olafsto
Troublezone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Empty
PostSubject: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:57 am

I just got it in the mail today and something weird happened. Track 1 doesn't play. It just counts down with no sound for 5 minutes (like one of those hidden track type deals) and the first song ends up starting on track 2... Does anyone else have this problem with the Intense Millenium reissue? I don't know if this is a isolated manufacturing defect or what.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:39 am

My reissue of Athropy-Violent By Nature on Metal Mind is also like that. It is a bonus video that for some reason plays first although it is listed as the last track on the disc. Naturally playing a video on your stereo just creates five minutes of dead silence, which i personally would much prefer than having to listen to VR Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:21 am

Even though I am Polish, MetalMind from my own accounts, and others, have proved to be a bunch of nincompoops
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:21 am

This happens when a multimedia disc is compiled in one session as mixed mode cd, instead of multisession CD with audio and data files that are stored in two sessions (aka CD Extra).

In mixed mode the data tracks are burned first followed by the audio tracks. Some Audio CD players are not capable of recognizing the data files as such and attempt to play them, hence the weird result.

I learned this the hard way with one of our early releases. I was lucky to catch the glitch early and opted to re-press, and in a hindsight I am glad I did, as it seems many people have players which would choke on the data files and cause confusion.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:22 am

I've had other cd's in the past that had the enhanced bonus material but worked just fine... Or those two sided discs that have one side the dvd and the other the music.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:42 am

Olafsto wrote:
My reissue of Athropy-Violent By Nature on Metal Mind is also like that. It is a bonus video that for some reason plays first although it is listed as the last track on the disc. Naturally playing a video on your stereo just creates five minutes of dead silence, which i personally would much prefer than having to listen to VR Smile

I have both of the Metal Mind Atrophy CDs and they both have that same problem. Track one is a video so when I play it in my car stereo I have to remember to skip right to track 2 otherwise I'm sitting there listening to "dead air." Very Happy

mlotek wrote:
Even though I am Polish, MetalMind from my own accounts, and others, have proved to be a bunch of nincompoops

They certainly appear to be. In addition to the problem with those Atrophy CDs I also had their reissues of the Sadus catalog and the SWALLOWED IN BLACK CD had the VISION OF MISERY album on it, and vice versa. Duh!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I have both of the Metal Mind Atrophy CDs and they both have that same problem. Track one is a video so when I play it in my car stereo I have to remember to skip right to track 2 otherwise I'm sitting there listening to "dead air." Very Happy

mlotek wrote:

They certainly appear to be. In addition to the problem with those Atrophy CDs I also had their reissues of the Sadus catalog and the SWALLOWED IN BLACK CD had the VISION OF MISERY album on it, and vice versa. Duh!

It must just be on those few releases because I have a couple of Metal Mind's products and have had no issues with them. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:30 am

Troublezone wrote:
I just got it in the mail today and something weird happened. Track 1 doesn't play. It just counts down with no sound for 5 minutes (like one of those hidden track type deals) and the first song ends up starting on track 2... Does anyone else have this problem with the Intense Millenium reissue? I don't know if this is a isolated manufacturing defect or what.

Yes, Track 1 is the video. You have to hit the skip button. It is a problem with the IM reissue, but they will not be fixing it.

Did your copy come with the guitar pick and sticker?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

mlotek wrote:

It must just be on those few releases because I have a couple of Metal Mind's products and have had no issues with them. don\'t know

It also depends on the CD player. My car stereo refuses to play CD's like that. But other players I have has no problems at all.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Did your copy come with the guitar pick and sticker?

There was a sticker but not a pick.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Quote :
Yes, Track 1 is the video. You have to hit the skip button. It is a problem with the IM reissue, but they will not be fixing it.

Does your copy have the same problem?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Does your copy have the same problem?

Yes.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 pm

The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Vengeance_bow_pick
This is the pick that came with the first 100 (or was it 200?) CDs sold.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
...otherwise I'm sitting there listening to "dead air." Very Happy
Bet that doesn't smell too good either. The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) 811939
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

mlotek wrote:

I had heard about that. But when I ordered Swallowed in Black, it didn't have A Vision of Misery, the error had been fixed by that point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:34 pm

MetalMind's Crimson Glory stuff is good. Havent had any problems.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:44 am

I never had any problems with Metal Mind except for the dents and other small flaws on the Digipak packaging... and small scratches on the disc. I haven't had one that skips or plays the video file on the 1st track yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)   The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Vengeance Rising/Destruction Comes (reissue)
Page 1 of 1