Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco

Go down 
+23
DeathCult
annrkey28
TrogDawn
Thelemech
corplhicks
SpectreFate
deathisgain
Boris2008
SycoMantis91
shed-rock
T-Roy
nevermore
Required Fields
Wurthless
DevZor
James B.
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Louder
chewie
GrandNational
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They were talking to Metal Blade about US distro...but that was several months ago...I guess it fell through.

They were in negotiations with several labels and put the distro thing on hold since there were some good offers for them on the table. I'm happy Nuclear Blast signed them. I'm looking forward to their new album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

More good news for Orchid fans:

ORCHID will be releasing a brand new EP featuring 3 brand new tracks + 1 song (from the latest full-length album, CAPRICORN) on September 7, 2012.

The EP, entitled HERETIC, marks the first release for Nuclear Blast and will be released both digitally as well as on 10" Vinyl.

HERETIC TRACK LIST:
01. Heretic
02. Falling Away
03. Saviours Of The Blind
04. He Who Walks Alone

Commented guitarist Mark Baker:
"Late in 2010, after we submitted the CAPRICORN full length to our label and waited for the release, we realized that there wouldn’t be any extensive touring, so we just kept writing and rehearsing new material. A few months later, we were back in the studio cutting basics for new songs. By the time we finished the business of changing labels, we had way more than one album worth of new songs. We, along with Nuclear Blast, decided it would be a great idea to release a few of those on an EP this year while we wrap up everything for our next full length. We’re really excited for people worldwide to get a chance to check out what we’ve been up to in the last year. These new songs have the classic, anthemic ORCHID sound that people expect from us, along with a few elements that we’ve never shown before."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Cool. I think these guys have great potential, I'm interested to hear them expand their sound past the Black Sabbath template.

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Is it just me or does the album cover to Capricorn bring Monster Magnet's Superjudge to mind?

Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 51WmJM3UmuL._SL500_AA280_

Sure, I can see that...

Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Cd-cover

Wish I could find those Orchid cds for a decent price.
I know you use that font regularly. Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 499945
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
More good news for Orchid fans:

ORCHID will be releasing a brand new EP featuring 3 brand new tracks + 1 song (from the latest full-length album, CAPRICORN) on September 7, 2012.

The EP, entitled HERETIC, marks the first release for Nuclear Blast and will be released both digitally as well as on 10" Vinyl.

HERETIC TRACK LIST:
01. Heretic
02. Falling Away
03. Saviours Of The Blind
04. He Who Walks Alone

Commented guitarist Mark Baker:
"Late in 2010, after we submitted the CAPRICORN full length to our label and waited for the release, we realized that there wouldn’t be any extensive touring, so we just kept writing and rehearsing new material. A few months later, we were back in the studio cutting basics for new songs. By the time we finished the business of changing labels, we had way more than one album worth of new songs. We, along with Nuclear Blast, decided it would be a great idea to release a few of those on an EP this year while we wrap up everything for our next full length. We’re really excited for people worldwide to get a chance to check out what we’ve been up to in the last year. These new songs have the classic, anthemic ORCHID sound that people expect from us, along with a few elements that we’ve never shown before."

Looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Lyric vid to the new track "Heretic."

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm hoping they'll put up a pre-order soon for us folks in the states.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Song sounds good, I still HATE the production sound of the drums, they sound like cardboard boxes recorded in a closet...with a decent budget and a good engineer these guys could be epic.

As it stands now, the recording isn't even as good as something Witchfinder General put out in 1980, they need some help to take them from the garage to the professional stage. This style of music really needs care for it to work, you need a big sound, you need a large recording room to capture the ambience of the drum tracks, to capture the sound of the bass guitar cabinet rattling away, avoid recording guitars directly to the computer, just mic the guitar cabinets and crank it to 10...that sense of space is seriously lacking and it's a primary ingredient of why stuff like Black Sabbath sounded so timeless, because you were capturing the real sound of the band.

Not dissing the band at all, I just know how good this stuff COULD be in the right hands.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
Song sounds good, I still HATE the production sound of the drums, they sound like cardboard boxes recorded in a closet...with a decent budget and a good engineer these guys could be epic.

As it stands now, the recording isn't even as good as something Witchfinder General put out in 1980, they need some help to take them from the garage to the professional stage. This style of music really needs care for it to work, you need a big sound, you need a large recording room to capture the ambience of the drum tracks, to capture the sound of the bass guitar cabinet rattling away, avoid recording guitars directly to the computer, just mic the guitar cabinets and crank it to 10...that sense of space is seriously lacking and it's a primary ingredient of why stuff like Black Sabbath sounded so timeless, because you were capturing the real sound of the band.

Not dissing the band at all, I just know how good this stuff COULD be in the right hands.

I love these guys but you are right about the drums. They sound terrible. These are leftover tracks so maybe the next full length will see an improvement in production.
Back to top Go down
shed-rock
Metal novice
Metal novice
shed-rock

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:01 pm

First post being lurking for a while...

Great new band just ordered the LP Capricorn on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:00 pm

The Heretic EP is now available on iTunes and Amazon. The CD and LP versions will be available in the US in about a month. Europe will have those on Friday.

I downloaded the EP and I am really digging it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 pm

First single is out for the new Orchid album!

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am

I got the Wizard of War 10" single last night. It features the track "Demon's Eyes" that was previously only released on a vinyl compilation album last year. It will not be on the new album. Check it out:

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 am

Orchid just release a video for The Mouths of Madness:

The new album drops on 4/26.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
SycoMantis91
Metal novice
Metal novice
SycoMantis91

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:19 pm

I admittedly haven't heard these guys before now, but I'm definitely a fan now.
Back to top Go down
http://sycoticsoliloquies.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:35 pm

SycoMantis91 wrote:
I admittedly haven't heard these guys before now, but I'm definitely a fan now.

headbanger

Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

I wish I had listened to this before my mini rant on new songs in the black sabbath thread.

This is a great example of what I've been wanting. Heavy, tight, catchy and a lot of breathing room. It's not a sprawling multi-part song like sabbath bloody sabbath... But the pace of the riff leaves a lot of space within the songs structure, they play with a lot of confidence. And that riff kicking to overdrive right at the end. Wicked stuff.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

According to Nuclear Blast's US site the album drops on May 14th. Regardless of the release date, I'm looking forward to the new album!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm sorely tempted to pre order this but I've spent a fortune (that I don't really have) this month.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Being playing them a lot lately. Really diggin the vibe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:09 pm

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

According to Nuclear Blast's US site the album drops on May 14th. Regardless of the release date, I'm looking forward to the new album!!!

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the US date is 5/14 and the European date is 4/26.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:12 am

Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the US date is 5/14 and the European date is 4/26.

It's still a must buy release for me. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 am

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

It's still a must buy release for me. headbanger

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 am

If anyone is interested, they are streaming the new album.
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/orchid-exclusive-album-stream-the-mouths-of-madness/
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco   Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orchid - Doom Metal from San Francisco
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next