Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

one of the most incredible albums EVER!

Go down 
+27
MEGATRON
Gilbert
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
chewie
Joe
Addy
TheDoctor'sScarf
Required Fields
krokus
The_Jayroh
stepcousin
stormspell
adrian
Schbopo
ultmetal
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
manny
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Metallic Blaze
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:36 pm

I never understood all the buzz and reverance for Dio surprised
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Addy wrote:

Not exactly your cup of tea musically though, so I can see why you might not get it.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Addy wrote:

one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 627712

Razz
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I played Holy Diver and The Last In line until they wore out. LOVE those two!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:41 pm

The Perfect Metal Album. Dio and the whole band sound hungry and are hitting on all cylinders. My favorite Dio by far.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:14 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
So far this is the only Dio album I own, and I love it.

Get "The Last in Line" next!

one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 604261

And despite the fact that most Dio fans hate it, try Lock Up The Wolves. Personally I feel that album is most underserving of the hate. That should be reserved for Angry Machines which only has about three good songs IMO.

I couldn't agree more! Though "Holy Diver" will forever be my favorite I personally believe that "Lock Up the Wolves" is the most under-rated of the Dio albums.

S.D. wrote:
Addy wrote:
I never understood all the buzz and reverance for Dio one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 685534

Not exactly your cup of tea musically though, so I can see why you might not get it.

Exactly. Just not your thing. I don't know of one trad metal band you like dude. Though you do like some glam metal and some thrash. It'd be like me trying to explain why I hate the new Eminem album. I don't do that cup of joe, so I gotta say "I don't understand all the buzz" - and then the rappers say ... 'stay out of it - it ain't your thang!' lol.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:06 am

Just out of curiosity, what is it about Lock Up The Wolves that so many people seem to share the same view of? Is it just forgettable? Too much filler? You know, it always amazed me that millions of fans can have the same viewpoint of an album, when we're all different, and have different tastes - I personally think that Lock Up The Wolves is a good album, I just think it got some flack and bad reviews by a handfull of fans, then got slagged by thousands based on those reviews, without really listening to it themselves.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
The_Jayroh wrote:
So far this is the only Dio album I own, and I love it.

Get "The Last in Line" next!

one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 604261

And despite the fact that most Dio fans hate it, try Lock Up The Wolves. Personally I feel that album is most underserving of the hate. That should be reserved for Angry Machines which only has about three good songs IMO.

I couldn't agree more! Though "Holy Diver" will forever be my favorite I personally believe that "Lock Up the Wolves" is the most under-rated of the Dio albums.

S.D. wrote:
Addy wrote:
I never understood all the buzz and reverance for Dio one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 685534

Exactly. Just not your thing. I don't know of one trad metal band you like dude. Though you do like some glam metal and some thrash. It'd be like me trying to explain why I hate the new Eminem album. I don't do that cup of joe, so I gotta say "I don't understand all the buzz" - and then the rappers say ... 'stay out of it - it ain't your thang!' lol.

Smile

Really? I like Megadeth, Early Kiss, Black Sabbath (Ozzy) , Ozzy (Solo), Stryper, Deliverance and EVEN some Iron Maiden I just named a few "Traditional" metal bands right there. I mean hell I like SOME Metallica too, and I am familiar with the song "Holy Diver" too it's alright I just dont get the "God-Complex" associated with Dio is all, someone explain it to me, maybe im missing something, maybe its not my cup of tea, but nobody seems inclined to try to explain it. everybodys saying its not my thing and I wouldnt get it. Try me Im not stupid and Im not saying anybody hinted I was. I do like some Glam Metal, Alice Cooper being one of them got alot of respect for Alice. I wouldn't know bout M&M because outside of Encore I lost all interest , but yeah I do like some Rap/Hip-Hop, but also Rock, Blues, Jazz, and yes METAL too....All I am asking is someone explain it to me is all....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:05 pm

It's the voice, that is why we hold him in such high regard. His voice was so strong and powerful from such a small man. Also unlike many bands that changed their sound to 'fit in', Dio had always stayed true to his sound (even Strange Highways and Angry Machines were still metal) and true to heavy metal. That is the reason.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Hey Addy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any offense at all. Just explaining why I thought you didn't 'get it' is all.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:57 pm

And to answer your question, Ronnie James Dio was a man of true passion. He had stage performance like none other. Heck, Ozzy himself was deeply jealous of Ronnie and has even admitted as much.

Ronnie was a character of true definitive revolution in music. He pretty much helped forge and mold metal into what it is today. I know Black Sabbath was the first metal band, but Rainbow wasn't too long after, and heck Ronnie even sang in Black Sabbath! Have you heard those 3 Black Sabbath albums with Ronnie at the helm Addy? That might be the place for you to start if you are wondering why so many of us gather around and sing Ronnie's praises.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Quote :
It's the voice, that is why we hold him in such high regard.

I wasn't just referring to this community just as a FYI
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Addy wrote:
Quote :

I know, and I stand by what I said. His voice, influence, and waving the heavy metal banner high and proud is why all these people (not just the HoM members) bestow the Metal God status to him.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Addy wrote:
Quote :

Maybe this will answer your question...

or this

or this

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Addy wrote:

For me Dio ranks right up there with Freddie Mercury as one of my all time favorite vocalists. Personally, like latter day Queen, I found his music fairly hit or miss but I always loved the power and passion in his voice. And when I found out what a diminutive guy he was my respect and admiration for his voice only grew.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:25 pm

I think Sacred Heart is one of Dio's most underrated records, right up there with Dream Evil.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 pm

If "Stargazer" and "Catch the Rainbow" don't convince you of Dio's power, passion, and charisma as a singer, nothing will.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:25 pm

MB- Im not offended just genuinely curious

Toho- Its interesting you compare Dio to Freddie Mercury cuz in listening to these samples provided by Ult I was thinking the same thing that he's Heavy Metal's Freddie Mercury and THAT makes sense to me.

Ult- Thanks for the samples I think I liked the Sabbath song best but am curious enough to possibly pick up a Rainbow album and possibly some Dio Era Sabbath

Still not sure if it's my cup of coffee yet or not, as i know he likes to include fantasy themes in his lyrics and Ive never seen that and metal mix at least IMO
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Dio had the charisma, the talent, and one of those personalities that made him magnificent. His range and presence have yet to be equalled. He had a long and illustrious career, singing for some of metal's greatest and most enduring bands: Black Sabbath, Rainbow, and, of course, his solo band, DIO!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 pm

I prefer his band, Dio over Black Sabbath or Rainbow - but I'm a huge fan of them all!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Addy wrote:

Toho- Its interesting you compare Dio to Freddie Mercury cuz in listening to these samples provided by Ult I was thinking the same thing that he's Heavy Metal's Freddie Mercury and THAT makes sense to me.

Ult- Thanks for the samples I think I liked the Sabbath song best but am curious enough to possibly pick up a Rainbow album and possibly some Dio Era Sabbath

Still not sure if it's my cup of coffee yet or not, as i know he likes to include fantasy themes in his lyrics and Ive never seen that and metal mix at least IMO

Other than Rainbow's live album, this is my favorite Dio recording:

one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 51MtJIExRcL._SL500_AA280_
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Addy wrote:

That's my all time favorite Black Sabbath album right there!

My favorite Dio recording would be "Holy Diver".
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Addy wrote:

thats my fav dio album!!

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:59 am

humble
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 am

exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Addy wrote:

thats my fav dio album!!

The Black Sabbath, "Heaven and Hell" or the Dio - "Holy Diver"? Those are both total classics IMHO!

Addy, it's funny right as I entered this thread I am hearing Rainbow, "Rising". It's a PHENOMINAL album. It might not be a bad place to start IMHO. Especially knowing you and your tastes for almost going on 10 years now online.

one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Rainbow+-+1976+-+Rising(Capa)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one of the most incredible albums EVER!   one of the most incredible albums EVER! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one of the most incredible albums EVER!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next